Author Topic: Brands?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline catlover88

• Adult Cat
Re: Brands?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 20:27:10 PM »
i cant seem to find the tesco offer at the moment have had a look on there website to :(

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 15:45:50 PM »
thats exactly what i do everytime i go to the vets i also do a lot of online searches for samples even the kitten ones and i donate then kitten and puppy ones to sanctuaries i know its not much but better than nothing
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 02:08:59 AM »
you can also raid your local vets for any free Hills or Royal Canin samples  :sneaky:

my Feral/Stray (we are not really sure) kitty Mabel is on the boxes of Tesco Premium and she is doing fine, I also feed all 3 cats (indoor two and Mabel, you can see em in my signature) Tescos Premium pouches as £2.40 for 12 (and a special offer 24 for £4.04 at moment) which even Indy who is picky about his wet food will eat

Also check out your local Bargain Madness (BM)  if you have one, in some stores they have Active Fit and Schmusy  pouches at a big discount, both are premium wet food at 14% meat. Schmusy at 6 for £0.99 and Active Fit at 4 for £0.89. They can often carry other high quality brands for low prices

Being out of work I know how hard it is affording the best quality foods I can find but also affording me! so a bit of shopping around can help, keep an eye out for special offers and if that means a stupidly large amount of dry food... you can always freeze some to keep it fresh :)

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 00:29:17 AM »
pretty much none of us really rate the cheap brands but if the tesco is cheaper which i think it is and you cant afford the pets at home stuff then id keep them on it I admit im on a budget too which is why i buy Iams ( i know not many people will rate it or the makers) but its better than really cheap stuff and i get it £8 cheaper than you would in a supermarket
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 22:35:09 PM »
Not sure how much Tescos premium dry is but Pets at Home premium dry is £7.99 for 2kg bag. Usually at Easter, it is BOGOF so worth stocking up then. I think Tesco own premium only comes in 1kg bags so it would probably work out cheaper getting another premium brand big bag
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline catlover88

• Adult Cat
Brands?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 21:37:41 PM »
Hi Just looking for a bit of advice i got 3 cats and on a bit of a budget at the moment. 2 of them eat Morrisons tinned wet food and Tescos premium dried food the other one eats felix/aldis pouches and tescos premium dried food.  do you think this is ok or is there another cheap brand that is better?

Thanks.

Link to CatChat