Author Topic: Splitz is sleeping a lot  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Splitz is sleeping a lot
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 15:36:32 PM »
I would have a senior health check done just to make sure all is ok internally, lots of animals sleep deeply when older but i would air on the side if caution, things caught early enough can be treated

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 07:02:41 AM »
Charlie is sleeping more at the moment as it is too cold for him to go out much.  He only stays out for a short time, has a furtle round then off to bed to dream.  He has always gone into those deep sleeps and has frightened me on many occasions when I first got him.  However deep the sleep though he hears me if I rattle his treat box.  Hope Splitz is ok and just reacting to the cold weather

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 01:56:27 AM »
There are some really helpful guides in the health and behaviour section regarding older cats, this one talks about sleeping. From what I understand there is dozing, where they just nap with thier eyes shut and a deeper sleep where it can be difficult to rouse them.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4930.0.html

It may be worth your while taking some time to read up on some of the illnesses that affect older cats so you have an idea of what to look out for, of course here at purrs you will always find someones ear to bend if you are worried.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
Splitz is sleeping a lot
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 23:13:50 PM »
Hi,  Splitz is 13 & 1/2 now. I have noticed she is sleeping lots. She goes in to a very deep sleep, infact she has scared me many times
as not woke when ive called her name, i have to stroke her gently.

She is eating fine, he usual eating pattern has'nt changed. She goes in the litter fine aswell.

Have not noticed anything about her health either. Eyes & nose are normal.
She gets frontline & wormed (same as the others)
She was last at the vet about 7months ago as she had an ear infection & i noticed a lump on her back toe.
and he said if it got bigger then he could remove it & check it out. It was like a cist or something.
That lump on her toe has now gone. She was given the all clear for her ear after her medication.

Do you think the sleeping just normal , or am i being a worrywort & its just because she is gettin an old lady now.
She still lets us all know she is BOSS cat aswell.

Tina Mick Splitz Pod Rolo & Flora xxxx
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Link to CatChat