Author Topic: Aggression or play?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Aggression or play?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 15:48:45 PM »
I agree and they sound so sweet together.

Misa and Sasa are the best of friends and every so often one of them bops the other and walks off, usually after misa has groomed Sasa of they have been sorta rolling over in front of the other one..........just saying, thats it mate I dont wanna play any more  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 23:08:21 PM »
I'd say it was submissive, if she's not used to Oscar and he's not used to her. It's like her pacifying him and saying "look, I'm no threat."

Sounds like they've really hit it off! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 19:50:34 PM »
 :sneaky: Definately sounds like playtime to me, we took in a stray 9 months ago and one of my other cats Tiggy plays with him like this.  You may have 2 cats soon  ;D
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 19:27:49 PM »
Sounds as if the beautiful Blip has chosen her friend and is letting him know when she`s had enough. All sounds like good harmless fun Christine enjoy :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Aggression or play?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 19:05:08 PM »
As some will know, we have been having a little visitor lately, Oscar, our neighbour's 12-month old black kitten. Blip doesn't normally tolerate other cats, but she has yet to attack Oscar.  Something happened this morning on which I'd like experienced advice.

We have a table in the living room which is covered by a large throw. This hangs down the sides. This morning I discovered Blip sitting on top of the table with Oscar underneath, mostly hidden by the overhanging throw. Every minute or so he would make a mewling noise, then sit up on his haunches and paddle at the throw from underneath it. Blip immediately leant over the edge and paddled back from the upper side. Then Oscar would move to another spot and the same routine was repeated.

This went on for five or ten minutes, then Blip just rolled over onto her side and ignored Oscar. At this point he jumpd up onto one of the chairs, mewled again and then climbed onto the table. He gave Blip the widest possible berth as he walked round the table and off the other side. She studiously ignored him.

Two questions:

1) Were they playing? It looked like it to me.
2) Why did Blip roll onto her side? It can't have been a submissive gesture as Oscar was so cautious around her - can it?

I'm not experienced with two cats and would appreciate advice!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Link to CatChat