Author Topic: Where do you get your cat food?  (Read 5074 times)

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
Re: Where do you get your cat food?
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 20:44:11 PM »
i get my JWB from vetuk (i haven't bought recently so i am unsure about offers)  i don't drive and also get mine delivered to work and scav a lift off someone home!
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 17:47:49 PM »
Helen, you can double your money by contacting merial who make frontline, i had a run of bad packets where vials had leaked and each got replaced by 6 more, iv now got a huge stash which is very slowly shrinking as i dont flea my lot monthly and have spray for little ones as it goes further

:sneaky:  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 15:42:34 PM »
For a cheaper food it isnt terrible, i feed to magoo and dexter and they are doing well on it, but again only adult not housecat or senior varieties. I got their last lot on 3 4 2 and was hoping it would be back by now :wish:

Helen, you can double your money by contacting merial who make frontline, i had a run of bad packets where vials had leaked and each got replaced by 6 more, iv now got a huge stash which is very slowly shrinking as i dont flea my lot monthly and have spray for little ones as it goes further

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 23:51:22 PM »
Mark, pro plan 3kg £11.89 from vio vet beats PAH price crunch of £12.52, its normally around £15.99 a bag

Thanks - I don't really like the idea of them having it but they have been ignoring all the good foods and eating that. Another thing is, they won't eat the senior but are OK with the adult one. Last year, PAH were doing the big bags 3 for 2. I got 2 senior and one adult. I ended up giving 1 1/2 bags of senior to one of the fosterers but the adult has been eaten.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 23:18:05 PM »
I haven't had any probs with Vetuk either and buy dry food and flea treatments from them via charity links too. Wet food I buy from whichever supermarket I'm in.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 23:14:53 PM »
VetUK have only ever disappointed me, so I will not be returning, they sent me the wrong order and then refused to refund/return, and were quite rude so I will not be going back, however, some people swear by them so I guess maybe I just had a bad experience.

Anyway I would recommend trying VioVet.

I've always been impressed with VetUK, their prices are very competitive and the speed of delivery is excellent.  I've never had any problems with them until a week or so ago...  I ordered a 6 pack of Frontline back in October, I'd used the first strip of 3 with no problems but when I peeled the backing off the next 2 vials they had leaked and so were unusable.  Bear in mind this was purchased 5 months ago, I emailed them on Sunday night explaining the problem, they replied Monday morning and on Tuesday morning I received a 3 pack free of charge to replace the unusable one.

I also like the fact that my purchase can help rescues out financially as I always order via a rescue link  :)

Offline beanie260904

• Adult Cat
  • Bambi My Little Baby
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 23:12:24 PM »
I have had brilliant service form Viovet and VetUK, sorry you had bad service hunnie, don't blame you for not goin gback though, I don't if my fingers get burnt.

Yeah, its not great, but it worked out ok as I donated it to my local cat sanctuary, so something good came out of it in the end, even if I lost £30 worth of cat food lol.
Jennifer x

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 23:01:55 PM »
I have had brilliant service form Viovet and VetUK, sorry you had bad service hunnie, don't blame you for not goin gback though, I don't if my fingers get burnt.

Offline beanie260904

• Adult Cat
  • Bambi My Little Baby
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 23:00:45 PM »
I've used about 5 different websites to order Bambi's food off of, and the only one that impressed me was VioVet, their prices are relatively competitive and their customer services is outstanding, I now always buy off of them.

VetUK have only ever disappointed me, so I will not be returning, they sent me the wrong order and then refused to refund/return, and were quite rude so I will not be going back, however, some people swear by them so I guess maybe I just had a bad experience.

Anyway I would recommend trying VioVet.
Jennifer x

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 18:27:14 PM »
I've been using zooplus for bozita but now Geoffrey is on the new RC ultra light pouches I need to find a new supplier!  I just brought some through k9capers, they arrived quickly no mess no fuss etc, also vetuk say they will be getting it in soon, so be interesting to see how the prices compare, at the moment k9capers had them on an introductory offer about £1 a pack less than PAH. 

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 17:48:37 PM »
Why is it that a food they love in a small packet suddenly becomes unpalatable when bought in bulk?  >:(

anyone would think they do it on purpose :'(

:evillaugh:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 17:39:35 PM »
Why is it that a food they love in a small packet suddenly becomes unpalatable when bought in bulk?  >:(

anyone would think they do it on purpose :'(
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 17:32:28 PM »
Mark, pro plan 3kg £11.89 from vio vet beats PAH price crunch of £12.52, its normally around £15.99 a bag

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 17:07:11 PM »
Ive emailed RC and thats for that supplier too Den I've bookmarked them.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 16:32:55 PM »
Thanks Den - I just checked and they are cheaper than Zooplus and Woofs n Whiskers for Orijen - £33 compared to £40  ;D - I just looked at their proplan as well but they only seem to do huge bags.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 15:03:35 PM »
I always get my dog food from Berriewood Wholesale and I find them to be excellent - ordered late night Saturday and it was here yesterday Morning.

Just had a look at the cat section and they do Orijen, Arden Grange, JWB, Royal Canin etc. Wet food they don't have much choice.

As Memphis is still on his C/d I've been getting his from vet-medic.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 14:31:33 PM »
that's fair enough - rather you than me with 3kg a day!!!!    I thought 43 included the outside mob????

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 14:28:03 PM »
RC really restrict to rescues and breeders and the minimum order is as Lottie says, Hills are the same

We order 180 kgs of biscuits from each every other month - this does include dog food as well just so not to scare people but 43 cats and the outside mob do eat an awful lot of biscuits a day nearly 3 kgs and 9/10 tins of wet a day!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 14:22:27 PM »
I was offered breeder status my mpm when I used to use worlds best but not sure if that was just a fluke

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 14:17:40 PM »
I am pretty sure Royal Canin restrict buying direct to catteries, rescues and breeders but it's worth emailing them to ask. They have a minimum order amount of 20kg and I think you have to order a certain number of times per year as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 14:19:22 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 13:46:07 PM »
There are sometimes restrictions to breeders only and a minimum order level but it depends on the company. Personally i think if you have multiple cats and will order enough it shouldnt matter if you breed or not, i tried this argument with mpm/applaws but they ignored me  >:(

Email RC and find out what they require

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 08:49:18 AM »
I was wondering the same thing Nikki

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 08:01:08 AM »
i am lucky that I get my JWB through a rescue who has a Batleys account, so I get a good deal on it. Wet i am struggling with at the moment, cos of finding something Zia will actually eat, i need her on senior food and we are having a battle of wills at the moment!! Molly has adult food and at the moment, on HiLife tins from Asda, as neither like HiLife pouches anymore. Everytime I stock up from Zooplus they decide they aren't going to eat it, even if they have done previously!! Good job the fosters aren't as fussy
Please spay your cat

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 23:22:47 PM »
we get our dry food from B&M and wet food is delivered by local pet food supplies costs that little extra but he delivers free and it means i dont have to carry it on the bus
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 20:24:07 PM »
Can anyone buy direct from RC?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 18:58:18 PM »
I get most of it from the internet - zooplus, and the rest from PAH or supermarket.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 14:45:43 PM »
Our Royal Canin comes dfirect from RC, our Hills direct from Hills, the other stuff comes from Zooplus, pet Suermarket, P@H and various Supermarkets when they have good wet deals on

We also get some stuff through Batleys which we order through our old CP branch at Perth!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 14:11:57 PM »
I get my Royal Canin direct from RC but I get my 15kg bags of Arden Grange from a wholesaler online and wet food I get from either PAH or Zooplus. If I'm buying prescription wet foods for weaning kittens or anything then I get them from VetUK as they are usually cheapest.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 13:59:43 PM »
For my Royal Canin I go between Viovet and VetUK depending who has deals on.

I am sure its VetUK who has a JWB deal on at the mo.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 13:56:48 PM »
I get JWB from the pet shop or zooplus, usually delivered to work then I make someone give me a lift home with my loot.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 11:29:09 AM »
At the moment I am buying Encore from Sainsburys as it's on special offer! ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:27:52 AM »
We have started buying wet food from PAH because what we buy hasn't been available at Tescos recently.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »
I get my JWB at our local pet shop or the vets (which is cheaper than the pet shop) we don't drive either and it be a pain for cat things so I do get smaller bags.
Getting stuff delivered is annoying too when you're out all day.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »
I use zoolus for my royal canin

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:06:05 AM »
You can order online from PAH now with free delivery if you spend more than £39. Might be worth comparing prices with VetUK though.

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
Where do you get your cat food?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
My 2 get James Well Beloved food, usually from P@H or from a local pet shop. But when i move house i wont have my car anymore so cant get out ot P@H. I am going to investigate local petshops but there arnt many and i hardly see JWB in most pet shops.

So do people tend to get food delivered from the internet? Or do most people have a local place they get it?

Link to CatChat