Author Topic: LOST - little ginger/white girly cat in Corby, Oakley Vale  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: LOST - little ginger/white girly cat in Corby, Oakley Vale
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
awww :( you could be right about her with someone, I know of that happening and person did find her cat was being looked after by someone this had gone on about a year, she did find her in the end  :hug:
congrats on your son  :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:01:41 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline DeanJ

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 23:10:28 PM »
We've had no news about Holly and we've still desperately missing her.

However, great news in our household that our baby finally arrived last Tuesday! We really want him to meet Holly...if anyone has any contacts in Corby then please please forward the photo on for us. We won't give up!! Thanks so much.

Offline DeanJ

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Its certainly helping me feel a lot better. I have faith to believe Holly is at least safe. It would be just like her to befriend someone and make herself at home somewhere!

I called the local vets and still no news, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again everyone.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 09:36:34 AM »
Hi Dean,

so sorry to hear about your cat  :( (I wondered about the wording too as she looks alot like my tortie and white Byron), I will keep everything crossed she is found xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 20:52:07 PM »
Hi Dean  :welcome: to Purrs im sorry to hear about Holly and hope you soon have some good news that she is home safe :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 19:08:49 PM »
Ah, the picture would make it obvious then.  Really hope she is found soon...

Offline DeanJ

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 19:06:54 PM »
Great thank you for the well wishes and advice. Actually, the poster our friend has done includes Holly's picture, but I'll mention about the wording.

She's not been found by the local council thank goodness, so as long as that's the case we have hope. I just want her to be safe and warm and hopefully she'll be found or wanders back.

Thank you!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 19:03:02 PM »
Hi Dean

Sorry to hear Holly is missing, just a thought but have you described her as 'ginger & white' on the posters/leaflets?  Looking at her photo I'd describe her as tortoiseshell - it might be worth changing any future descriptions to tortoiseshell or maybe for those who haven't heard of tortoiseshell then 'ginger/white/black splodgy' instead.  I think if I had seen her hanging around and then seen the posters I might not have put two and two together.

Hope she returns soon  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 19:01:50 PM »
I'm sorry to welcome you to Purrs with Holly missing - I hope she is 'reported in' very soon  :hug:

Best wishes for your wife's confinement as well.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline DeanJ

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 18:55:36 PM »
Thank you Yvonne that's kind of you. Yes, I've read Sam's tips and my friend has done a lot of hard work for us including 180 flyers posted localy and posters around the village. Its distressing as we're 100 miles away and obviously my wife is close to being in labour!!

But we're very positive about Holly and know that she's a real cutey and will have won someone over!

Thanks for your welcome and advice...lets hope for the very best.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 18:17:46 PM »
Hello Dean and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Sorry to hear that Holly has gone awol

Have you seen Sam's excellent advice and tips?    http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Hope Holly comes home soon

:where:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline DeanJ

• Kitten
LOST - little ginger/white girly cat in Corby, Oakley Vale
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »
Our wonderful little cat, Holly is missing in Oakley Vale, Corby. My wife and I are expecting our first baby, and so our cats Holly and Berry are being looked after short term by a friend. Sadly, Holly thought she'd go and investigate the area last Thursday and hasn't been seen since.

She is very loving and affectionate, and very inquisitive! We miss her and are worried sick, as is our friend and his family.

Holly is ginger and white and has a chequered blue and white colour and a blue tag with her name written on it.

We want to reunite our family with our expected new arrival and our 2 wonderful cats. Please, please help us find our little Holly.

Contact 07870560711.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat