Author Topic: Yay!!  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Yay!!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 08:31:11 AM »
yet they would have been turned down by 1, if not 2 of the local rescues, purely cos the kid was 3.

That makes me so mad, I know many rescues don't home where there are children under 5. I don't think a child suddenly becomes responsible at 5. With us it depends on the child, and the parents. Also most of the worst cases of cruelty I have known have come from children much older than 5 and adults
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 07:47:46 AM »
I think this shows that blanket policies dont work, you just have to watch not only how the child interacts with the cat, but how the parents treat the kids if they are a bit heavy handed. Does help when you know the cats temperament as well. I think she will grow up to love and have respect for all animals, it sounds like Finn will be 'her' cat!!
Please spay your cat

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 19:31:25 PM »
i have a 4 yr  old  girl Anna and a 2 yr old girl Phoebe
 we got moomin when anna was 2 and mango when phoebe was 1 they have always been fine with the cats and moomin sleeps with phoebe and mango with anna they love and respect them
i think it is unfair that rescues do this
they wouldnt let us have a recue kitten when we got moomin so we rescued her ourselves ( She was a kitten from a stray cat the rest died  )

i know some children can be rough with kittens and pups and can break there legs but its up to the parents to be responsible and to tech respect of anouther life , the least the rescuer could do is to have a visit with the new home before making a decision

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 18:54:49 PM »
This is just wonderful news  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 18:42:50 PM »
Great news sounds like Finn has his paws well and truly under the table and is being spoilt rotten.  I agree with Mark that kids that grow up with animals tend to grow into caring and compassionate people.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 08:41:34 AM »
That's great news  ;D  Sounds like Finn has found himself a new friend and how nice for the little girl to grow up with a fluffy.  I agree about blanket rules being a bad thing - this kind of thing so depends on the actual child.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:15:47 AM »
That's great news Desley. It just shows blanket rules & regs don't work. If  anything, I think having a pet shows kids how to be compassionate and this little girl sounds like she will be Finn's best friend  ;D. Of course there are brats that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near animals! but I guess that's what a homecheck is for. Imagine how many less strays there would be if each case was taken on merit. Nice to hear some good news - well done you  :wow: :ahh:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:16:35 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Yay!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:58:24 AM »
Finn went to a new home on Tues (found us on the internet, which is excellent) - rang them last night just to make sure that everything was OK as I wasn't sure how he would be in a house, and he is excellent - there is someone there pretty much 24/7 now, which is what he needed. He is also getting on really well with her 3yo daughter (who did initially want Patches, but he can't go just yet) - apparently she has been telling all her friends about him, spent all her pocket money on treats for him, and spent the evening on the sofa with him and her duvet, and then shared her supper with him, bless her. He sounds like he is being slightly spoiled - he didn't like the GoCat wet she had bought, so she went to the shop to buy something different, although it was prob just cos he wasn't hungry, as he had eaten tea here!! It was such a wonderful conversation, yet they would have been turned down by 1, if not 2 of the local rescues, purely cos the kid was 3. I asked her to bring her daughter with her so I could see for myself what she was like with children, and she was fine here, and obviously loves animals very much. She said he was fine with her dog, but she didn't mention what he thought of her chinchilla!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat