Author Topic: Booo - blue Peter appeal!  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Booo - blue Peter appeal!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 00:15:11 AM »
Very sad

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 23:39:41 PM »
Nope ihe letter what i wrote said rather than donating to big charities I would offer to liase to get together a group of small independant charities that found it a struggle to carry on doing their work - I suggested selecting some from each area.
There appeal rules said it had to be educational (which getting kids on board for pet welfare is as well as the recycling angle I was exploring) , be open to less well off as well as rich (which as it is recylcling is open to anyone) but sadly it fell short on the be of benefit to others less well off.

Guide dogs would cover this but I'm afraid not animal rescues even though most of us would agree that very often its about helpng the people as much as the animal. Because of this I emailed and asked specifically if animal charities would be included and was told no.

saffron

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 19:01:31 PM »
That's a shame :(  Although if they did choose an animal charity they'd probably choose something like the rspca  :scared:

Unfortuately that is the way of the BBC, nine times out of ten it will be the rspca & nobody else is considered worth bothering with >:( >:(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 15:39:31 PM »
That's a shame :(  Although if they did choose an animal charity they'd probably choose something like the rspca  :scared:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 13:47:48 PM »
I wonder why on earth not? They have the cat and dog on their show, and didnt they help training guide dogs for the blind?

a lot of their viewers would be interested in sponsoring an animal charity! Grr to them  :P
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Booo - blue Peter appeal!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 13:34:46 PM »
I enquired about whether they considered animal charities for their appeal and they don't.
miserable  :censored:

Was going to try and get them interested in a national small rescue appeal.

You'd have though once in 40 years wouldn't have hurt.

Link to CatChat