Author Topic: OLDHAM - Young Cat / Kitten Wanted (SORTED)  (Read 9602 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: OLDHAM - Young Cat / Kitten Wanted
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 22:07:07 PM »
Glad you have got a new addition - you ideally need to keep her separate, and do gradual introductions
Please spay your cat

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 12:48:19 PM »
Just an update for you guys...

We have now an new addition to the family.

Tabby (from oldham cats) renaming her Eddie though.

She's Chocolate, very loving!

Introduced her to Lady, who has now gone into hiding and doing alot of hissing, growling... any tips?

xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 08:01:44 AM »
Thank you for considering an adult cat, as I said previously, both ourselves and Oldham Cats do have young adults in, so up to you which rescue you approach.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 20:07:12 PM »
When we got lady we went to the rescue and said can we have the one who has the least chance of being homed and it was her. She's turned out to be such a loving cat and haven't looked back.

Thats a lovely thing to do  ;D
Kittens are cute but they do grow up and are a pain in the arse!!

Have you tried Ladys rescue for advice, they know her better than we do  ;)

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
OLDHAM - Young Cat/Kitten Wanted
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 17:40:30 PM »
i've now made a change to the subject re: comments/suggestions from the gang
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 17:41:57 PM by scottol8 »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: OLDHAM - Kitten Wanted
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 17:34:18 PM »
Your Lady has the look of my Lexy.. Black and White cats rock!

Good luck on your search.

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 17:32:54 PM »
Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the reply. After the replies I've had, i think I'll look into re-homing an oder one, besides, the older ones are the ones who don't get re-homed.

When we got lady we went to the rescue and said can we have the one who has the least chance of being homed and it was her. She's turned out to be such a loving cat and haven't looked back.

Scott

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 17:31:43 PM »
Its really depends on the cat to be honest - I had the same dilema in December and whilst there were a couple that said it was tooo big an age gap betwee the 5 month old kitten I was thinking of taking on and my 12 year old boys! However the vast majority of folk said that it gives an older cat a new lease of life - provided introductions were handled well.

A month in and my 12 year cat Edgar and Nina who is now a 6 month old kitten are inseperable - they share the radiator bed together, sleep on my bed together and chase each other up and down the hall. In fact Edgar now plays with toys he actually ignored before - its as though Nina (the kitten) has been teaching him how to play all over again!

Oscar the other old gent just ignores her - but he has never been lively and sleeps a lot so I think Edgar was very bored until Nina came.

I realise all cases are different but at the end of the day you know your cat and whether she is a young playful 11 or an old cantacerous 11 lol!! I knew that Edgar was outgoing and sociable and would take to a kitten as he had came from a multicat house to me, I also knew that Oscar by himself with a kitten would NEVER have worked but Edgar was the one I knew that would take to Nina and he did.

Maybe an odler kitten might work though - Nina was nearly six months old when we got her and I am sure a cat aged one or two would be just as playful.
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 17:26:32 PM »
As someone who has brought a very exhuberant kitten into a home with a tad timid older cat... I'd never do it again. It didn't work out. If I had to get kittens again, I'd get them in pairs and once my resident moggy is no longer with us. I'd go for older now as well, 2 year olds are still naughty enough but grown up enough to know the signs of an older cat telling them to stop.

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 17:19:58 PM »
thanks dawn, i hear they can be alot of work, and terribly destructive... aww  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 17:17:41 PM »
I'm not a kitten fan myself so would say a year or two! 

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 17:11:00 PM »
Thanks to both of you for those replies.

Lady is very playful for an old girl and around meal times when she gets giddy is often found charging about the place and rolling around.

Would you recommend an older cat then; perhaps a couple of years old? I have my heart set on a kitten this time.

Your comments/suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 19:56:47 PM »
Hi

I wouldnt actually recommend a kitten with an 11yo and there aren't a lot about at the moment. Both us and Oldham Cats do have adults in though, who may be a better match as they wouldnt be too energetic and playful for Lady.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 17:56:59 PM »
Please do your research before getting a bengal, they are different to moggies, lots of energy for starters!

Maybe the last rescue you adopted from could advise what would be best for Lady as they would know her history and whether she would like to share her home with another cat  ;D

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 16:43:30 PM »
 :thanks: christine, you're a star

scott x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 16:37:13 PM »
I thought it might be close.  Desley Booktigger, one of our rescue members, is a volunteer for Cat77 Shaw Branch and may be able to help you (subject to homecheck).  I'll draw her attention to this thread.  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 16:32:29 PM »
Hi Christine,

Thanks for your reply. Shaw is about 20 minutes away by car.

Scott

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 16:11:13 PM »
Hi Scottol8 and  :welcome: to Purrs.  Glad you found us.  How near are you to Shaw (my geography of the north-west is a bit iffy)?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline scottol8

• Kitten
  • Our Lady
OLDHAM - Young Cat / Kitten Wanted (SORTED)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 15:48:39 PM »
Hi,

We are looking for a Young Cat / Kitten to come to a good home. We currently have one female cat "lady" who is 11 years old. We got her two years ago from Oldham Cats.

Lady is an Indoor Cat as we live in a rented 2nd floor apartment. Lady is perfectly happy and feels safe & loved.

Please can you contact me if you can advise on a Young Cat / Kitten which needs to be home.

Preferences (but not important)

British Blue Shorthair, Ginger Tabby, Baby Doll Cat, Bengal.
Male

Thanks In Advance,

Scott
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 15:06:18 PM by MrsR »

Link to CatChat