Author Topic: mangos pictures  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: mangos pictures
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 13:01:06 PM »
AWw, bless her. I was thinking that dental biscuits might be big for Persians, and unless they chew them, it would make no difference feeding that than normal dry food - the effect it has on removing plaque is very low, you might be best giving her something like Logic Gel instead. Although Hills oralcare can be fattening, so might be a good thing for her.
Please spay your cat

saffron

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 14:00:57 PM »
R/canin oral sensitive 30 or Hills T/D   but I found the Hills kibles a bit big for my persians

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 05:26:09 AM »
petts & purrs to the pretty girl! :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 19:59:51 PM »
Doesnt moult??????????????????????gimme gimme gimme, mine moult all over the place  :rofl:

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 19:57:15 PM »
not really she only is bathed and dryed once every 5 wk and dusted wi grooming powder i dont even have to brush here every night then , but she and i like it
its quality time when the kids are in bed  :Luv:

she has only ever had a little knot cause her coller wasnt tight enough and it pulled stright out

she doesnt seem to moult either

peeeeeerrrrrrrfeeeeeeeccccttttt puddy tat  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 16:51:13 PM »
Mango is lovely but sod keeping that coat knott free lol

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 16:44:47 PM »
Poor Persians, getting all wet like that  8)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 16:11:42 PM »
Suzie not going anywhere!!!! She's 14 this year  ;D

She's a blue/cream colourpoint - colourpoints and himalayans are the same thing - himalyans are just the american name for colourpoints - so no difference.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 15:40:23 PM »
Gillian     ' I WANT HER '      :Luv:

is she a colourpoint or a himmy i get confused , whats the difference anyway

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 14:03:02 PM »
Gillian are the persians you bath this thin when wet , she looks normal when dry

Aah, lovely to see pics at last!  ;D - Yes, some of mine look thin when wet, but I think most cats (cept for the most overweight ones!) would, long or short hair, if their fur was wet.

should i offer biscuits does she need them in her diet
i thought i was doing the right thing keeping her on compleate dry food but obviously not
I would stick to the two/three meals a day as that seems to be working, then offer the biscuits as a nightime snack. If she's going to be be eating wet food from now on, then it might be a good idea to try her on one of the brands of dental biscuits, Hills do one and so do Royal Canin - can't remember the names of the actual food - anyone? - just to help keep her teeth clean (unless you fancy giving her chicken wings to chew and crunch on?!)  ;D

Even my Suzie looks quite thin when her fur's wet, and she's quite a big cat, as you can see from this pic!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 11:29:07 AM »
Aww bless her!  Poor thing doesn't look too happy in the first one!  :rofl:

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »
thankyou all for your admiration

i had took your advice in the last post and took her dry food away last nigh , this morn i put half a tin of a/d down and she eat it , she maybe she is grazing

we are back t the vets fri for her lukemea booster so am going to get her weighed and stick with feeding her meat twice a day but should i offer biscuits does she need them in her diet
i thought i was doing the right thing keeping her on compleate dry food but obviously not

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »
Wow what a pretty puddy cat, she is gorgeous.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 07:56:23 AM »
she looks lovely and I see why you called her mango now, what a fantastic colour!  two of mine are pretty small (not persian) and two are quite large one of the small ones is more than 3 years old so probably won't grow any more.  I'm surprised that the vet didn't weigh her though, ours get weighed everytime they go to the vets no matter what for, like Gill said you are the customer say you want to know.  

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
Awww how gorgeous is that first pic bless her wee paws  :Luv:

My Rascal is tiny and couldn't be spayed until she was over nine months as the vet said she was underweight  :scared:

Sending Mango lots of cuddles for being such a good girl and letting her Mum post her bathtime pics  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 07:48:31 AM »
Awwww she looks soooo adorably hopeless in the first picture!

She is a gorgeous cat, wow look at those eyes  :shy: :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 23:13:08 PM »
I think your vet is conning you, all cats get weighed with their fur  ;D

Dont your cats get weighed as part of their annual health check? She should be weighed and a record kept, sounds to me that you need a better vets! They are willing to do tests and keep taking consulting fees from you but not do something so basic as weighing her.

Then they recommend a different Hills diet but dont explain why.

You are the client, you instruct them to weigh her and tell you how much she weighs, and before they do it ask them what is the normal weight for a cat her size.

You say she has an eating disorder but more like she is just a fussy faddy cat who knows she can get what she wants eventually LOL, yes there maybe a problem  and I think someone said it may be related to how well she can smell. If she suffers drom asthma this may also not help.

Hills AD is quite smelly and it is very tasty..............ummmmmm so I have been told. My vet in London suggested I try it on crackers, one of his vet friends did  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I hate the smell of it and after 4 yrs of finger feeding....................., it also stains and Kocka used to have one paw stained with it cos that was the one she used to wash her face after eating it  ;D

I think you need to sit down with your vet and have a serious talk.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 23:00:51 PM »
well when i took mango to the vet for her sore lips ( now know it was her flea treatment she had licked ) we saw a different vet who said she was too thin and that she should have the blood test done in 2 wk if not got a better appitite although he didnt want to weigh her as he said all the hair was going to make it false ( which is funny cause it will still be there in 2 wk  :rofl:)
my normal vet peter who was not there said that she was thin but ok as she is a small cat and that the a/d should help

i think the other vet scared me

the good thing is she has not had a asthma attack in 5 wk , peter gave her a new injec and i have changed her litter to dust free and banned air freshners hair spray ect so fingers crossed and the other vet said her chest sounds smashing  ;D

she is my 3rd baby and i must admit i do worry a little too much sometimes , but thats what mummys are for  :) 

she doesnt mind the shower shes used to it and rolls over for the hair dryer

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 22:29:15 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ahhh bless her she does look sorry for herself in the first picture .... as if being a wet cat isn't bed enough but having someone take yor picture as well  >:( the indignation of it all.

Like Gill says the best person to decide on her weight would be the vet.  She doesn't look overly thin to me (she is small but not sickly)  you probbly think she looks worse because you are used to seeing her all lovely and dry and fluffy.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 22:22:26 PM »
I think you will find that most cats without fur look very thin, prob Misa wouldnt lol. I know Kocka was very thin cos even with her fur she was thin.

Ducha feels very thin if you feel through his fur but I think it is a vet who should decide and decide based on the height/length of a cat.

Misa is a very big cat and stands on his hind legs and stretching, nearly a meter and he sits very tall too.

I suspect that Mango is probably normal weight fir her size as she doesnt look very big in the picture, but there is no reference point to judge her against.

She looks gorgeous when not wet  ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
mangos pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 22:07:36 PM »
HERE IS MANGOS PICS  ( i hope ) 1 WHEN SHE IS IN THE SHOWER TO SHOW THE VET JUST HOW THIN SHE IS
                                               1 WHEN SHE IS DRY , SHE DID AFTER HER BLOW DRY EAT HALF A PACKET OF NATURES MENU , WHICH IS AMAZING  ;D

when i  was washing her mi hubby came in and said 'oh my god is she not eating' and i burst out crying , he works away a lot and does not see her wet often ( i only bath her every 5 wk )

Gillian are the persians you bath this thin when wet , she looks normal when dry

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat