Author Topic: Need a new cat tree - any recommendations please ?  (Read 2786 times)

Offline chimpzoo

• Adult Cat
    • last days
Re: Need a new cat tree - any recommendations please ?
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »
this one is only £26 (minus £3 new customer voucher) from zooplus and is very high but doesn't take up lots of room.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/ceiling_scratching_trees/36490

looks like good value, i'll be getting one when they get more in a few days, perhaps i should measure my celing first!

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:49 AM »
Received the cat post yesterday, when I got home from work the OH had put it up and the girls were busy playing with it.......Jet loves to climb it like a bear and the perch on the top.  Only managed to get one picture of Jet as her and Cruz were too busy running round.  Not that clear as she wouldn't sit still  :wow:

[attachment deleted by admin]
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

saffron

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 21:37:27 PM »
that looks a really nice tree, thanks for the info

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 15:49:55 PM »
I like Kalven trees www.kalven.co.uk and these are good too http://www.catscratchers.co.uk/

Heres some of my lot on their 'well used'  ;D Kalven tree - I fixed castors onto the bottom so I could move it easily if needed!

Castors! What a brilliant idea! 

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 13:51:41 PM »
I like Kalven trees www.kalven.co.uk and these are good too http://www.catscratchers.co.uk/

Heres some of my lot on their 'well used'  ;D Kalven tree - I fixed castors onto the bottom so I could move it easily if needed!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 13:21:28 PM »
Thanks.   There's a lot on here too:  www.ukcattrees.co.uk (sorry can't seem to copy as a link).
Got this site from the Cat Chat shopping page and they ask that you mention Cat Chat if ordering.

Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »
Awww Susanne!

Your kitty looks so sad in the 2nd picture! That is the tree I was looking at - maybe ill rethink... lol
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:52:32 PM »
oh my god its huge!!!! I bet they love it..........don't think my OH would be as keen to get something that big for our lounge tho  ;)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 12:49:18 PM »
Zooplus do make some good trees and I'd say the quality was so so.  You do get what you pay for when it comes to cat trees.  I've a smaller one (about 3 feet high) that I bought for about £60 over 9 years ago and the rope around the posts is in better condition than that on the zooplus tree after less than a year.  The fake fur on the zooplus tree is also torn in many places.

I bought a ceiling high one from zooplus but have never got it to work properly (it relies on pressure to hold it in place but I could never get it to fit against the ceiling in a way that it wouldn't move) and as a result the tree snapped in 2!  The reason it snapped was down to a design flaw imo as the hammock hung out over the side and the weight of a cat in it caused the posts to buckle as they are hollow with just a small disk to screw them onto the platforms.  They did send me replacement posts but at the moment it is still in 2 pieces (which we are happy with at the moment as they use both sections the way they are now).  I wouldn't necessarily say don't buy a zooplus tree as I think so long as you don't get one like I got they are ok, but for their size they are quite cheap and they won't last as long as a better quality post.  This is the one I have

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 12:38:51 PM »
I'll try and get a picture of my monkey's on it this evening, that is if they can be bothered to remove themselves from our laps/the sofa.........anyone would think they lead a hectic life  :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »
I was beaten to it, I was going to say Zooplus, they are excellent  ;D you can read customer ratings and reviews on the trees too so you know they are good quality!

I am treating our little troop once I get paid!  ;D ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »
I've just bought a very simple one from this site........delivered today to OH work so he can give it to the girls later this afternoon.  Apparently quality is good and it was very reasonable........have some big ones on there too.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/small/33681

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Need a new cat tree - any recommendations please ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
We're looking for a new cat tree - wondered if anyone had bought one recently and could recommend ?   It needs to be quite sturdy for
five cats, two of whom are particularly enthusiastic with the scratching posts.   Thanks.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat