Author Topic: Gerry 15yr old Maine Coon, rehomed via HAWS & Canterbury CP, Kent. DEC 08  (Read 13833 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
A fabulous ending ;D and i secondthe fact of rehoming oldies, the 2 i took on before Xmas (George alias Ginge 18YRS ) and Eddie 15+ are treasures especially Eddie,I love all my cats equally but little Eddie who survived against all the odds has   absolutely stole my heart :Luv: he,s such a darling and sooooooooooo loving and loves nothing more then to snuggle under my chin and purrs for England,i dont know how long he has but whatever time is left for him he will be loved and cherished till the end :Luv: :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Thats lovely - I do love a happy ending!

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Oh what a lovely happy ending and wee update - and I second all that is said about rehoming an older puss!! My boys are 12 and I have had them just under a year and they are so loving and affectionate ......heres to all our older cats   :Luv: :Luv:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
That is so nice!

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Recent up date from Gerrys owners!! Lovely!

At the end of September last year my darling 2 year old kitty lay down and died on my kitchen floor. I was utterly devastated and swore I'd never let another cat break my heart. But as time went on I realized it would be nice for for our resident puss (a mature lady of 9) and for our children if we had another cat. We live on the A2 in Faversham and a lively, curious kitten who would wander into the road and break my heart again was not an option. I briefly toyed with the (expensive) idea of a pedigree that I could keep as an indoor cat, but after alot of thought decided to get in touch with the Cat's Protection, where they would be able to find me a cat suited to my situation and needs. After a lengthy discussion with Sharon at CP we decided a mature cat would best, but i was still surprised when she called to tell me about Gerry. Gerry is 15 and none of my cat's have ever lived that long. I did have to think about it. Knowing that I would be taking on a cat that would only live a few more years was a big decision, but in the end I couldn't resist (especially after I saw his piccie!). And the idea that older cats remain homeless because people only want to rehome kittens and young cats is so sad. Gerry has now been with us since the weekend before christmas and he's really part of the family. It took a while for him to settle in and he's still a bit nervous of the children, but he's firmly established himself as mummy's new baby and sleeps under our bed every night.
So if you are thinking about rehoming a cat, please don't over look the older generation. They have just as much to give as a cute kitten and may even be more suitable for your circumstances. Gerry says he's very happy to be able to spend his twilight years with his new family that love him very much!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Brilliant - nice to hear a happy ending  ;D
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
 :cheer:  Now thats what we like to hear !!!

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Gerry 15yr old Maine Coon, rehomed via HAWS & Canterbury CP, Kent. DEC 08
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 22:29:42 PM »
I count this as a very happy ending.. Rehomed through a collobration between HAWS in London to Faversham in Kent.. We did the HC and found a loving family who were more then willing to take on this senior gent who had been in rescue for months.. The last i heard he was being hugged to death by the kiddies under the Christmas Tree..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 22:32:07 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat