Author Topic: Cat goes missing for 7months, gets found 72 miles away!  (Read 1911 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Cat goes missing for 7months, gets found 72 miles away!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 21:45:21 PM »
Im so glad the old man got to keep puss :Luv: at least he was wanted there, i just wish my Wizzy would come home, sadly he wasnt chipped as he never left the garden in 7 yrs :(  but these stories gladden my heart and make me determined not to give up on him :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 21:03:38 PM »
Sounds like Puss knew there was more to life than just being a muser in the stables which is why he "moved out" in the first place.  Glad he has a new loving home and a warm lap to sit on now  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 19:48:25 PM »
He certainly is better off in his new home!  :)

The previous owner was a stables owner and kept him for mouse control. She must have got him from somewhere else as a young adult I would think. But fancy never looking at his tackle!  :Crazy:

She told the vet she had another female so didn't want a male.  :shocked: Her loss... the new owner says all the poor mite wants to do is sit on your lap and purr all the time.  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 19:26:04 PM »
and why would that make a speck of difference as to how glad you were to get him/her back!! :Crazy: people never cease to amaze me ...

still, sounds like puss is better off in his new home anyway ... ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 19:09:09 PM »
Question is.... how can you own a cat for 6 years and not know its gender????  :Crazy:

And having paid for a neuter and chip too  :shocked: im glad the guy got to keep the cat  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 07:46:50 AM »
blimey and not want it back  >:(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 00:50:59 AM »
We had an odd microchip story only today...  :tired:

Just before Christmas, a stray ginger was reported by a man who said puss was trying ever so hard to move in with him. Puss was in poor shape but uninjured. Of course, we had to tell him to wait a wee while and he promised to care for puss until a place came available. Last Friday we were finally able to offer this puss and place and we called the man. He said he'd fallen in love with puss and asked if he could keep him.  :Luv: We offered to pay for a vet MOT and a check to see if puss was neutered.

So the man turned up at our vet today and guess what.... puss is 7 years old and is chipped and has been listed as missing for over a year!!! It doesn't end there.  :sneaky:

The vet manages to contact the owner and she says she on her way to collect puss. The man is devastated as he has to accept he's got to hand over his new best pal. So off he goes all upset.  :( The original owner turns up at the vets to reclaim puss. BUT she is under the impression that puss is a girl for some reason.  :scared: :Crazy: When the vet says that puss is in fact a tom, she changes her mind and says she doesn't want him back.  :shify: So the vet changes the chip details and tells the original owner to deliver puss back to the man who and 'found' him.  ;)

The man, still upset at loosing his chum, is cooking dinner and the woman knocks on the door and says "If you want him, you can keep him"  :shy: The man is delighted! And a happy ending for puss!! :naughty:

Question is.... how can you own a cat for 6 years and not know its gender????  :Crazy:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 21:48:40 PM »
Awww they are lovely stories

Wish my boy would turn up  :'(

Sadly he wasn't mirco-chipped ....but all 11 are now !

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 21:24:09 PM »
What about this one - 2 1/2 years missing, and taken to the same vet she uses for her current cat!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1392407

Just goes to show how valuable a microchip is.

Karen
x

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 21:01:13 PM »
Naughty Smudge  ;D Bet she was glad to get him back!!! :wow:

Offline Nixxy

• Adult Cat
Cat goes missing for 7months, gets found 72 miles away!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 20:57:52 PM »
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2009/01/06/pet-cat-smudge-is-home-again-after-travels-84229-22610564/

A funny story from the local rag. Nice that the girl got her cat back, but what a little wanderer!

Link to CatChat