Author Topic: A PHONE CALL TO BEAT THEM ALL(!!!!  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: A PHONE CALL TO BEAT THEM ALL(!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 07:53:40 AM »
I just hope that poor cat was ok  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 23:23:54 PM »
My god he wanted to bury the cat even before it died?  :-:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 13:32:24 PM »
You took the words from my mouth Wibblechick.  It's a case of "I have a problem - I want to make it yours."

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 13:30:08 PM »
Makes me think here is someone who wants a "cat-lover" to come and take the cat and absolve him of all responsibility.  Ive met people who think rescue-centres have  vast supply of funds (!) .  I once challenged someone on this, who told me she thought Rescues were always getting bequests!!  Dont think its just your area - I think we have them nation-wide >:(  I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt and say he simply doesnt know "how thinks work" but past experience makes me think differently.  I agree, if only the pet-keeping laws were tighter.
People Power Works!!!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 13:16:22 PM »
I got myself slapped across the wrists recently on this forum for criticising the fine folks of Thanet in general, and the sub district of Newington in particular.  :innocent: I was accused of judging people by post code.  :shy: But we hear more stories of this nature from that small few square miles area of the world than we ever do from the rest of Kent.  :tired: I do also swiftly add that some great homes have come out of Thanet and we have rehomed there.  :)

I have a sad feeling this bloke wasn't joking, though.  >:( :(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »
Ditto, i hope if its true that the poor thing doesnt suffer,   :(            theres always a way if you cant afford a vet, makes you wonder what the world is coming to,they really should tighten up the laws concerning pets,
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »
Let us hope it was someone's idea of a sick joke, Sharon, and that he doesn't even have a cat  :(
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
A PHONE CALL TO BEAT THEM ALL(!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »
i have just had a bloke on the phone who is Thanet based.. he says his cat is dying and where can i advise he bury it.. as the vets are going to charge him hundreds of pound to cremate him..

HOLD ON  A MINUTE.. he isnt dead yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please get him too a vet... I told him that he cannot as the cat is too frail) (but is eating and going to the loo okay, puss is 20 odd).... Well get the vets to come to you!!!!!!!!!!!!! No reply

All started when he had his teeth sorted... I said no matter what get him to a vet and see what they say as none of us our experts.. he didnt know the name of the vets or the procedure the cat had but is sitting there watching this cat (supposely) just dying in front of him.

What do i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggested his gets the cat booked in now for the vets to see him as they have a duty of care for him..He then tells me his has no money.. I then told him he can discuss that with the vets and come to some arrangment and then he said.. where can i bury him? But we wouldnt want to wish the cat suffer in any way.

What sort of people live in the Thanet area i ask you.. Or is it just me!

I am at a loss for words.. and i really am...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:08:24 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat