Author Topic: Preston,Lancs 2 adult cats (housecats) needing home end Feb! (Homed)  (Read 6100 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Preston,Lancs 2 adult cats (housecats) needing home end Feb! (Homed)
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
Wonderful news  ;D thanks for the update  :hug:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:03:34 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Honeylyn

• Kitten
To Janeyk
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 09:34:43 AM »
Hi, So sorry I didn't post about spider and Jack the two house cats in Preston. They had to spend a little time in a cattery and then at the cats protection  but they found an excellant home. They are with a mature lady who is home all day and the last I heard are very happy. They have company all day and no dog to frighten Jack. I was so relieved.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I'm moving this thread to sorted section now but if anyone has any updates or news please can you contact me   :thanks:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Preston,Lancs 2 adult cats (currently housecats) needing home for end Feb!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 18:24:26 PM »
Fingers crossed for a lovely home for them xx

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 18:13:25 PM »
Good news, lets hope its not too long till they find a forever home

Offline Honeylyn

• Kitten
Re: Preston,Lancs 2 adult cats (currently housecats) rescue found.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 17:59:33 PM »
well thanks to some help from one of my dog forums we have been back in touch with the cats protection league as it appears that they do take their cats back. So after their injections are brought upto date they should be off to a foster home at the end of feb. I am so releived that they will have the care and backup that they need.

Thanks for all your good wishes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 18:00:50 PM by Honeylyn »

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »
So sweet.   Any update?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
They are lovely :Luv2: best of luck

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
AWWW how sweet are they  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: it breaks my heart seeing cats loose they home. I wish I could take some more but I have 3 and cant really afford any more. Plus zubin wouldn't except a new cat.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Honeylyn

• Kitten
This ia spider

Offline Honeylyn

• Kitten
Finally I have pictures.

Offline Honeylyn

• Kitten
Thanks Gillian. We atarted by exchanging blankets between them to get them used to the scent. We had taken my dog down to see them a couple of times they were not impressed even though he was kept on the lead. I then borrowed a very large crate from a friend which is where we put the cats. We gave them some time without the dog in the room and then brought him in. There was lots of growling mainly from the normally gentle Jack. We alternated between having the dog behind a baby gate and the cats out and visa versa.

Jack just retreated on to the landing and refused to come down, Spider was braver so we put another babygate across the bottom of the stairs and had some time with them all out. What came about is that Jack was terrified, Spider wouldn't have the dog anywhere near and preferably not in the same room. She wouldn't have him near my partner. The dog wouldn't have her near my partner either as we found out after he sniffed her and then pulled a chunk of fur out without warning. Did he get into trouble. If she was picked up he got excited and jumped up so she then jumped down which kicked his prey drive off which meant me putting my hands in the middle of a cat and dog fight. I came out unscathed so that was lucky.

Anyway Our concern was less with Spider and Angus because we felt that with time they would have come to a truce as I could feed them tasty tit-bits sat afoot apart. the biggest problem was Jack he had a complete personality change withdrawn, wary, aggressive if he came across the dog. He was not a dog cat. So my partner took the descision that for Jack's sake and Angus (as his colitis had flared up with the stress and is still not right) that rehoming was the best option.

They were only here for 4 days and perhaps this was not long enough I don't know but the animals were so very stressed, we were actually concerned about Jacks health at one point.

Anyway that's what we tried whether it was right or not I don't know I think that we covered most points on the article.

Oh heck I've just seen the time got to go but thanks for your input, always welcome.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
i spent an hour with them last night brushing them and stroking them and Jack was rubbing his head all over my face being very sweet. I have a rash all over my face this morning but I feel so sorry for them. I really wish I could find them a loving home.

Just a point about the allergies - have you tried Petalcleanse? Its a lotion wiped on the cats's coats once a week which reduces the allergens. I use it as I am allergic to cats (not as bad as I used to be thankfully!) and I live with 11 of them! http://www.bio-life.co.uk/

Also just wondered how you did the intros between cats and dog? Did you keep them separate for a time to allow cats to get used to smell and sounds of the dog? If not, it might be worth starting from scratch and re-introduce slowly - it can work. Have a look at this link   http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour/introducing/info.html

You may well have tried everything, but thought I'd post just in case there was any way you could keep the cats.

Offline Honeylyn

• Kitten
Sorry about the dely in replying but I was hoping to have good news. Unfortuneatly not :(. We have tried the rescues and they have huge waiting lists of 6 months. We thought that a relative would take them even though it would mean a trip to whitby but her husband has not agreed.

It's such a shame they are spending too much time alone now it really isn't fair on them. Our only option is to take them down south to a friend who has a cattery who will work out a rate for long term boarding. Not ideal for them and not ideal for us either because of the cost.

i spent an hour with them last night brushing them and stroking them and Jack was rubbing his head all over my face being very sweet. I have a rash all over my face this morning but I feel so sorry for them. I really wish I could find them a loving home.

I'm having problems uploading pictures because the size is too big so i'll have to find a way to make them smaller.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Any update hun?

Offline Honeylyn

• Kitten
Preston,Lancs 2 adult cats (housecats) needing home end Feb! (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 18:05:52 PM »
Hi all,
My fiancee is moving in with me and we tried bringing his cats. They are not happy with a dog and unfortuneately I discovered that I am allergic to them. So we desparately need a good home for them.

They were origionally rescued and are mother and son. The mother is called Spider she is black and white long haired and is very friendly. Her son is Jack who is a tabby with a white chest he is more timid at first. He loves to wander in calling for a stroke then after alot of pampering off he wanders.

I'm not sure of their ages as they were resues but 8yrs would be the top age for Spider and Jack is 6yrs.

We would prefer somewhere local so that they can be homechecked but will try to have someone homecheck for us if a good home is further afield.

Photos to follow.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:03:09 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat