Author Topic: Special home needed for Purrcy, Oldham (REHOMED)  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Special home needed for Purrcy, Oldham (REHOMED)
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »
 :Luv2:  well done Purrcy, he's a lovely boy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:52:27 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Special home needed for Purrcy, Oldham (REHOMED)
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »
Yay great news

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Special home needed for Purrcy, Oldham
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 10:46:32 AM »
Puurcy has found his forever home.
Please spay your cat

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »
Any update?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 11:19:43 AM »
Thanks for the offer Sharon, although I Think the distance might be a bit prohibitive. I dont know what Purrcy is like at travelling, I have only driven with him a couple of times and the last was over a year ago.

HEre's a pic of him
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
Ummm... what about this idea.. I have been on a roll with rehoming lately... Indeed 2 homechecks today for other branches being carried out.. I am more then willing to put him on our website.... i realise he isnt local but as you know i have managed to rehome outside our area alot and it does work.. as long as there is a co operation from other CP and rescue branches... You just never know... and if the distance isnt a problem with Purrcy then its not for Purrs peeps.. I mention this as with luck Daisy may be on her way to a home in the next few weeks and they were looking to take on another disabled puss cat.. Julie (PB) did the HC a few days ago and nothing is certain at the moment. They dont have a great deal of money but live in Thanet area...He would mainly be an indoor puss cat althoughthey do have a garden, they are around most of the time, no kids or other animals...

Anyhows... will see what happens with Daisy... it may all go to pot but i was thinking about this fella....and it may be a total waste of time but stranger things have happened..
Get back to me if you want me to promote him this way (or not) and a photo in due course would be great...
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 10:52:12 AM »
Yep, Oldham is Manchester. Hopefully he wont need any major vets bills, although Kelly is looking into what would be covered by insurance for prospective owners. IDeally, we would like someone who is at home a lot, he can only go outside supervised due to his condition, but he would be fine with a tolerant cat.
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »
think Oldham is Manchester Sharon

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »
Hi Desley
What would future vet bills etc be like for Purrcy.. or would he be treated just like any other puss cat...? Is Oldham Surrey way?

What would the kind of home be like for Purrcy..? Are we looking at indoor only or country retreat.. ? Someone at home all days or other animals...?
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 19:30:22 PM »
Ahhh bless him .... he sounds wonderful ... keeping everything crossed his forever home is just round the corner  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 19:25:49 PM »
this little guy sounds delightful and i do hope he finds a new home bless him :Luv: :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Special home needed for Purrcy, Oldham (REHOMED)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »
Purrcy is an adorable 18mo cat, who has Cerebral Hypoplasia, which fortunately is very mild, his only real issues are falling over quite a bit and he is a bit messy with food and toileting. He has no concept whatsoever of danger and cannot defend himself against others. It also means he can be unsteady on his feet at times but this does not phase him at all and he loves bounding around! He is messy in his litter tray and likes kicking the litter around - we have found a covered litter tray combats any mess landing on the floor! He can also knock his water over at times so it will take a patient owner! He does not always clean himself correctly (eg his paws) so may need a wipe over every now and again - especially his eyes.

However, he is an amazing little boy - he loves playing and affection. He will let you cuddle him but won"t sit on your knee for long as he is always wanting to be off exploring. He has been outside with my supervision and he enjoys the new environment. Although he needs that little extra attention every now and then he will repay you with love and affection 10 times over! 90% of the time he needs nothing more than the normal everyday cat!

He is more than fine with other cats (we have had at least 5 in and out since we"ve had him here) and he is not phased by young children (I have a 3yr old)

If you think Purrcy could be the one for you, please contact us on 01706 227801, or desley@onetel.com. A donation towards our operating costs would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:46:59 AM by MrsR »
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat