Author Topic: BORN FREE GOAL FOR 2009, WILDLIFE REFUGE IN ETHIOPIA! READ THE STORY BELOW!  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
BORN FREE GOAL FOR 2009, WILDLIFE REFUGE IN ETHIOPIA! READ THE STORY BELOW!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
i have just seen this and i have to say what a worthy cause for 2009, if you got to Born Free website you will see what stirling work they do and i for one will be making sure that a few pennies are put aside of this project..! In the UK we DO actually treat animals with some compassion, but in Africa is life and struggle for the most basic needs and animals suffer no matter what.. Can you see the suffering of people in Gaza never mind the Africa.. But they are trying and Born Free are one of the few org that i know (and i have been to their South African santuary) where they actually DO some good.. and it doesnt take years but months to achieve that.. So i appauld them and i hope that others will also see what stirling work they do!

Help Us Build a Wildlife Rescue Centre
The lion cub lies in the dust, a rope tightly knotted around his neck. Just a few months old, the orphan was confiscated from a restaurant in eastern Ethiopia. He needs a proper home and care. Two more young lions, this time in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s capital. The vulnerable brothers are in a small cage and also need a good home. A helpless cheetah cub, his eyes beseeching, pleads for rescue. Two sickly serval kittens have been confiscated from a trader.

Like me, I’m sure you’ll find these pictures distressing. As a Born Free friend and lover of animals I know you’ll be deeply moved by such suffering. You’re not someone to stand by while animals need help.

But there is something simple you and I can do today to help them. There is long-term hope for these cats. Here at Born Free we have a remarkable plan for them. And I really hope you’d like to be part of it.

For us this is a very special year. 2009 is the Born Free Foundation’s 25th Anniversary. That’s 25 years of saving lives, trying to stop cruelty, protecting species and changing attitudes. This vital work has only been possible because of your wonderful assistance, and I do thank you for sharing our charity’s dream of a better world for wild animals.

To commemorate our Anniversary I’m inviting you to join me in launching a historic initiative in Ethiopia. We want to build a new national Wildlife Rescue Centre to give a home to animals like these lions and cheetah. It has vast potential to improve the quality of life for countless animals and help inspire a nation to protect its natural heritage. I’m sure you’re as excited as I am to learn our plans!

The cheetah's eyes plead for rescueWe want to create our Wildlife Rescue, Conservation and Education Centre on a beautiful 77-hectare site just 30km from Addis. Our project has the full support of Ethiopia’s President, His Excellency Girma Wolde-Giorgis, and we are working closely with the Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Authority.

At the Centre we will provide lifetime care for big cats like these and many other animals. It is an ambitious project and the challenge is now on to raise the funds. You can find out more here.

Your gift can make the difference between a life of misery and a life worth living. You can help provide these needy animals with good food and proper care in spacious natural habitat enclosures. You can fund medical treatment to help them recover and grow strong.

It’s wonderful to know I can turn to you, as part of our community, which shares a vision of a more caring world.

Be part of this project by making your donation as soon as possible.

Often we feel powerless when confronted by the plight of so many creatures in need. This appeal gives you a positive and practical way to respond. I know I can count on you, and working together we will change lives for good. I can’t stress how much your support will mean to us. Thank you for caring so much. I look forward to hearing from you soon. With my best wishes for the New Year.

Virginia McKenna
Actress, Founder & Trustee
PS. Share our vision of a more caring world.

Donate Now!
Serval kittens confiscated from a traderFollow this link to donate online - call the office on +44 (0)1403 240170

or you can download a printable donation form here >
Please complete the form and send it and your donation to the following address:

Will Travers
Born Free Foundation
FREEPOST RCC 1862
Horsham
RH13 5BR

Many thanks!

Target:
£10 could pay for two vitamin boosts for two lion cubs
£40 could provide one cheetah’s food for one week
£100 could provide a course of anti-biotics for one cat
£12,000 could create one enclosure
£600,000 would build the entire Rescue Centre
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:13:59 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat