Author Topic: White lie  (Read 5244 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: White lie
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 20:41:00 PM »
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 08:22:15 AM »
I don't think so but who knows? - She has a huge house with a huge garden so would have been ideal for him. It certainly wasn't a case of she couldn't afford it. There were about 3 cars in her driveway, including a new mercedes. Maybe she is tempted but she didn't give that impression.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:02:41 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 00:58:42 AM »
Do you think the cat belonged to her?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 23:36:01 PM »
Hi Sharon,

I called her from my mobile on saturday as she was crying and wanted me to let her know if he got on OK so she must have saved my number. I wouldn't dream of giving her Sharn's number - she is a pain. It's a shame she didn't a) give him something to eat & B) keep him in her shed for a while.

Isn't he the friendliest kitty ever? - if I could have offered him a home, he would have settled in straight away. He was well at home already, fast asleep on poor Willow's bed. I just managed to get her back on it tonight by putting my coat on it  ;D

I know that the 1st people who meet him will love him. He would be great with kids but he was spitting and growling at willow  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 22:33:10 PM »
Hi Mark
If the lady rings you again then please get to ring our main CP line and not to bother you! Not sure how she got your number though.  Anyhows puss is doing fine and is lovely and will be with us for the 2 wks is up, he will then be neutered and chipped and vac and given a home where is he wanted.
Pls dont give out Sharns number either! This lady is a right pain! She also told me a few white lies! She was lucky someone was around to pick puss up in a relatively short time, not all of us spend 24/7 hours by the phone waiting for a call! Although some people think we do!

Anyhows any problems give us a call.

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 18:49:29 PM »
I see what you mean sam but I just have a grievance against this woman who nearly gave me a breakdown on saturday. I would happily do anything for a cat in need but she got me there under false pretences and I had to go out twice instead of once. considering I was up at 7am cooking, cleaning etc and had to completely change a room over for people arriving - all while the poor cat was in my kitchen. Also, my OH is a way all week consulting at the moment so we don't get much quality time - I really got an earful about it. If there was a good reason to go there twice for the cat's sake, it wouldn't have been an issue. Anyway to make a short story long  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 18:40:31 PM »
You shouldn't be too "snitty" with her Mark she probably has no idea of the work involved in cat rescue and every person is a potential rescuer / donator .... Once she knows kitty is safe she may be the sort to offer a donation towards his upkeep.  My mum sounds a bit like this women (until I opened her eyes to what is really involved).  She once arranged for a stray to be rescued and kept phoning for updates etc ... she did however offer £50 towards his stay at the rescue so couldn't be too hard on her  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 17:51:18 PM »
The woman just called me on the mobile to ask how he is getting on. I told her I didn't know and he was safe at the cattery. I told her he has been to the vet and is fine. She asked if he had a home yet. I told her he will be kept for 2 weeks before rehoming can happen. She wanted the number of the cattery but I told her I didn't know it - I'm sure Sharn has better things to do  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 20:46:10 PM »
The irony is people that get their cats chipped are the sort of people that take care of their animals and much less likely to go AWOL.

So true Mark.  As soon as I took Rossi to the vet for her initial check up I requested she was chipped when she was spayed ... and Rossi has never been outdoors (apart from her two day adventure when she escaped on the day I collected her).
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »
BTW, what happens after the 14 days Sharon?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 10:35:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure Roger Baker does free chipping for "New Customers" - The irony is people that get their cats chipped are the sort of people that take care of their animals and much less likely to go AWOL.

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »
This puss is with us for 14 days, he is a tom but not old. Poster our out there, hopes someone comes forward for him. I wish the chipping message would filter through. Indeed if someone does claim him, I wondered if I would be pushing it too far to insist they must take him down the vets to be done and chipped, otherwise no deal! 

Perhaps they will tell me to get lost!

Still I wondered if anybody else had this approach to people who claim cats that have no ID!He could so easily been another RTA victim, so I abit aghast if anyone doesnt come forward, but then nothing surpirses me now!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 20:18:43 PM »
Wherever he goes, he will make himself at home in seconds - I was tempted to keep him - we agreed that if we didn't have the B&B we would have asked if we could keep him as he is adorable.

saffron

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 18:39:38 PM »
at least he is safe now & lets hope he will have a new home soon

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »
He is lovely, fingers crossed he wont be waiting long and is at least safe now with a good future ahead of him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 10:41:41 AM »
He is absolitly GORGEOUS pleased he is safe. Hope he gets a kind warm loving home real soon.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 10:29:38 AM »
Stanley is gorgeous - he has similar facial markings to Poppy who has visitors today! I don't know how you guys keep your cool with some people - I'm glad I just do the fostering and don't have to deal with lame excuses.
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 00:25:05 AM »
Stanley is hunky and does not lok like he was starving!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 00:13:39 AM »
After all that, she said if it was her cat and it went missing, she would walk the streets day & night until she found him. I think she is a bit  :Crazy:

Still at the end of the day, the cat if safe & sound and that's the main thing  - he will make someone a very happy person doubt  :catluv:

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 20:33:17 PM »
Wow Stanley's lovely.

My parents live round the corner from Joy Lane in Whitstable, so glad that this boy is now safe, that road can be a nightmare (as can the people who live on it!!!)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 20:04:43 PM »
And she said she wants updates!

She said this cat deserves only the very best after all he's been through. I asked her if she tried to feed him but she said she didn't want to encourage it :Crazy:. This isn't some poor old lady. Joy Lane is the posh bit of Whitstable, huge 10 bed houses etc (Janet Street-porter has a house there). She said she wants me to phone her with updates!!! - She said she couldn't put it in the garage as it would have mentally scarred him for life being locked in!!!!!!

I think I can attach pic from sharon's email - maybe called stanley now?

PS - Thanks Milly's mum

Pic of cat on poor willow's bed - she won't go on it now - but she has her own habitat sofa in the kitchen so she's OK  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 20:24:44 PM by Mark »

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 19:20:18 PM »
Have to add here that this lady was completely uncooperative to helping us help this puss. I asked her to keep it in our garage or shed for a few hours but she flatly refused, saying she had a dog etc, etc! Indeed I am sure she must of felt I would drop everything and come along in my little white van to help her out at 10am on a Sat morning. I ask you! Indeed some people are just plain rude and don't help us at all, despite doing this all voluntary. I did ask her to take puss to vets to be checked for chip and no no bother I am afraid. If it wasnt for the main rd, i would of made her wait a while but she was so insistant, I could feel myself shouting at her.  The cat had been there two days and she decides to call ME! on a Saturday when all vets are closed to do something about it. I ask you.
Without Marks help it would of been abit of a military operation getting this puss somewhere safe for next few days. He turns out to be a unneutered tom, no chip or anything, not old at all. 

Another less puss in our pens, good just we had a space! Some people are so ungrateful for our help i tell  you

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 18:06:30 PM »
to someone who can resize them and post

I can do this, email is on my profile.

The allergy excuse has to be at the top of the list, along with iv just had a baby. At least little Cosmo wont become another RTA victim now, so hurrah   :cheer:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
White lie
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 17:42:12 PM »
I got a call from Sharon Saying there was a cat that had been around for a few days and was crossing backwards & forwards on a main road. The lady that reported it said she was allergic and needed it collecting straight away as it could get run over. Sharon Called me. I had just finished cooking breakfast at the B&B and still had a room to get ready for guests. I collected "cosmo" and took him home for a couple of hours as Sharn at the cattery was waiting for a pen to be free after midday. He made himself at home no probs - ate 3 pouches of gourmet pearl and some dry. Pinched willow's bed and went to sleep. I took him to the cattery at lunchtime and phoned the lady as she wanted to know how the cat got on and had cried when I took it. She said that she had lied about the allergy and just wanted to make sure it was collected straight away!!

Anyway, he is gorgeous but I can't resize pics. If I can email a couple to someone who can resize them and post, that would be great - he is stunning!

Link to CatChat