Author Topic: Canterbury CP, Volunteer to make sure all our kittens are neutered!! HELP NEEDED  (Read 9386 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: Canterbury CP, Volunteer to make sure all our kittens are neutered!!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
Hello all
Sadly the people that were helping me with this last yr are no longer able to.. Therefore anyone who wishes to do abit of volunteering pls do think of us and this important role... Most important thing is being able to deal with the public in a firm manner and being 100 percent reliable and not letting any kittens get through the loop!!

You dont have to be local to Canterbury this is all done by phone and email.. and we can pay phone expensese if needed.

Thanks all
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 19:14:52 PM »
Cheers, I will never say no to any help!!
Please spay your cat

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
Glad you have found someone, we could do with someone to do that in the summer, I do all the follow ups at present and it can be really hard fitting it in - the last half dozen went out iwth newsletters an only one person has got back to me!!

If you need some help Des on the neutering check front, just let me know!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 00:50:42 AM »
 :rofl:

I'm sure we can get someone to knit you a badge if it comes to it. Welcome aboard.  :welcome:

Catbird

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 17:13:34 PM »
I get a badge, right?  RIGHT??

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 16:56:39 PM »
Hi Catbird!"! I think your HIred!!!!!!!!!

Will send over our spreadsheet that does this all from me (kindly made to work by another Purrs member Mojo, its been a godsend) and will make a determined effort after Christmas for you to take this role over and work with as you wish..

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyy one less thing i now need to worry about! its amazing how much time all the little things add up to doing... Sadly i have yet to delegate the chipping registeration!! But never mind... One thing at a time!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 16:25:57 PM »
Glad you have found someone, we could do with someone to do that in the summer, I do all the follow ups at present and it can be really hard fitting it in - the last half dozen went out iwth newsletters an only one person has got back to me!!
Please spay your cat

Catbird

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 16:19:34 PM »
PM sent.

C.

• Super Cat
Hi Catbird
Oh thats great!! One thing are you okay being abit firm with the public if they give you the roundaround on why they havent got round to doing it yet? I tend to ring people weekends and have used Google Doc sharing doc as a way for you to have the infor you need.. I tried to upload my super duper spreadsheet but it has so many forumulas in the Google doc would not except it..

the main thing is to make sure that no one kitten get through the net of at last checking its been done...! So as i said before reliability is the key! and giving people abit of ear ache until it has been done..

PM me your email and tel later on and i will make progress after Christmas.....if you still wish to do this.. It takes me probably a hour or so every weekend... (and the ability to remember who i have spoken to etc)... but in kitten season it can be more... Some months there may be nothing it all depends on how many litters of kitten we have in our care and get rehomed... This year it was on 60 odd!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:30:21 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Catbird

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 16:00:59 PM »
Just a thought i would post here as you dont really have to be Kent based or even nr us to do this.. It can be all done via internet.. But i dont have time to do this at the moment....One person did take it on but for some reason it just didnt happen and i ended up taking it up again... So important point is being reliable, any takers?

NEUTERING KITTEN OFFICER - This is a new role to help the Rehoming Co ordinator. On average we rehome over 50 kittens in a year (maybe more) and its part of CP rehoming policy that every single one of them is neutered at the required age. When we rehome kittens we make a note of when the neutering date is due and a few weeks before we remind the new owners . We remind owners via email, phone or post and do check after the date that kitten was indeed neutered. This takes abit of co ordiination and the Rehoming Co ordinator would be very appreciative of some help in making sure this is done. People skills are necessary while being assertive to explain the benefits of neutering to owners. We take the matter of neutering very seriously and failure to do so means that we are not very happy!  You will need access to a phone and possibly a computer and would need to liase with our Rehoming Co ordinator, our Neutering Officer and every so often talk to local vets.  A few hours every month (maybe more during kitten season) is all that is required, being able to put together a letter and work with a spreadsheet would also help. It would be your responsibility to make sure that every kitten we rehome is eventually neutered

Yeah, go on Sharon, I'll take a crack at this.  Landlines cost me nowt anyway.  I have had a look at your www, as you suggested in your pm and I'm happy to give it a try.  At the moment I have more time than usual as I am on sick leave until at least the end of Jan but even when back at work, I should be able to squeeze the work in.

C.

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 21:29:50 PM »
hope u find sumone i would have liked to have done this but will not have the time as i start uni in febuary and with 2 kids it just not possible

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 20:58:22 PM »
What a good idea- I have a feeling that I will need one of these lovely volunteers too next summer. We had only just started up this year so missed the brunt of kitten season but I ahve a feeling we're going to get the full pelt of it next year!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 19:48:58 PM »
I hope you find someone willing to take it on,is time consuming isnt it! Makes you :brick: when you never get an answer
:luck:

• Super Cat
Just a thought i would post here as you dont really have to be Kent based or even nr us to do this.. It can be all done via internet.. But i dont have time to do this at the moment....One person did take it on but for some reason it just didnt happen and i ended up taking it up again... So important point is being reliable, any takers?

NEUTERING KITTEN OFFICER - This is a new role to help the Rehoming Co ordinator. On average we rehome over 50 kittens in a year (maybe more) and its part of CP rehoming policy that every single one of them is neutered at the required age. When we rehome kittens we make a note of when the neutering date is due and a few weeks before we remind the new owners . We remind owners via email, phone or post and do check after the date that kitten was indeed neutered. This takes abit of co ordiination and the Rehoming Co ordinator would be very appreciative of some help in making sure this is done. People skills are necessary while being assertive to explain the benefits of neutering to owners. We take the matter of neutering very seriously and failure to do so means that we are not very happy!  You will need access to a phone and possibly a computer and would need to liase with our Rehoming Co ordinator, our Neutering Officer and every so often talk to local vets.  A few hours every month (maybe more during kitten season) is all that is required, being able to put together a letter and work with a spreadsheet would also help. It would be your responsibility to make sure that every kitten we rehome is eventually neutered
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:34:14 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Link to CatChat