Author Topic: Cat dumped when owners evicted  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Cat dumped when owners evicted
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 13:29:09 PM »
If the guy was genuine, why didn't HE take the cat in?

Being honest, even if you love cats, how many people would actually take another cat in just like that  :-:  I do cat rescue and even I have to say no sometimes  :(

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 12:09:59 PM »
I suppose the same reasons not everyone owns cats - allergies, cant keep them in rented accommodation, cant afford to take them on, cant spend time with them etc?

I know he wasnt perfect, but kudos to him for reporting it at all, some people wouldnt bother.

Hope kitty is okay  :shy:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:24:36 PM by Cheesecat »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 10:23:17 AM »
If the guy was genuine, why didn't HE take the cat in?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »
Not much to say about them  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:   Poor little babe. Why do some people think cats don't have feelings or feel pain,.  it make me so  :censored: >:(

Thank god you took her in Dawn you are a top  :yayyy:  - couldn't find an Angel. times like this just makes me love mine even more.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 17:48:25 PM »
tied on a piece of a string in the garden for about a month and

It is very difficult to understand why the neighbours did not report this as soon as it was noticed.

This is something I can't understand either but I do find a lot of people turn a blind eye when they don't want to get involved.  I just find it disgusting that it takes a bailiff or estate agent to untie the poor babe and the neighbours leave her knowing full well this is animal cruelty and she could easily have strangled herself :censored:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 17:44:42 PM »
I'm sorry but if that was me I would of picked the cat up first and then tried to get it sorted, maybe the bloke who phoned was the cats owner and just expected you (Dawn) to go and pick it up once he had reported it. Some people. :censored:

The guy who contacted me didn't give an address or anything and after speaking to the neighbours last night, he was a concerned guy who'd just gone to view the house and was genuine.  Anyway the cat is fine, it's a little girl, our local rescue phoned me today whom I know and they've managed to sort a pen out for her  :) She will be absolutely fine, I took her after work and they'll keep me informed how she gets on.  I'll put a pic on shortly......I'm just so pleased that she is safe and now has the chance at getting a loving home.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 14:44:20 PM »
He was maybe told by someone else that they would go and get the cat but they never did, and he thought it was sorted?

My friend has been told by CP that they will come out on numerous occasions for strays, but so far they have never been (she has adopted the cats)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 14:37:06 PM »
oh Dawn that's awful. Poor babe  :( I just don't understand how anyone can be so cruel  :'(

How is Him/her?  :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 14:11:02 PM »
I'm sorry but if that was me I would of picked the cat up first and then tried to get it sorted, maybe the bloke who phoned was the cats owner and just expected you (Dawn) to go and pick it up once he had reported it. Some people. :censored:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 13:47:59 PM »
tied on a piece of a string in the garden for about a month and

It is very difficult to understand why the neighbours did not report this as soon as it was noticed.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 19:26:40 PM »
When the guy phoned, we'd just had a load of snow so poor babe was out in it.  I'm really annoyed that he didn't get back to me as I said if need be I would take him/her........he did seem really concerned so I'm not sure why he didn't get it sorted.  I'll keep him/her until I can get him in somewhere else, the weather is really wet at the moment so he couldn't be left to fend for himself.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 19:22:54 PM »
pooor pooor baby ..... tied up for a month????? Thank god you managed to rescue him/her Dawn.  I assume the poor little thing was out in all that horrid weather recently  :( :(

Give kitty a big hug from me and fingers crossed the CP can take it in.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Cat dumped when owners evicted
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 19:17:15 PM »
Had a phone call a couple of weeks ago from a guy who went to view a house down the road from me.  Apparently there was a cat there that had been dumped by the owners and was crying on the roof of the shed.  The call was on the Tuesday and the owners had been evicted on the Thursday.  From what the neighbours had said the cat had been tied on a piece of a string in the garden for about a month and they're not sure if the bailiffs or the estate agents had actually untied her.  The guy was phoning a couple of other places to see if he could get her in as I was chocca but I did say at a push I would take her.  I heard nothing back from him so I assumed he'd sorted the cat out.  I got another phone call this evening about the same cat but from one of the neighbours, the cat was still there, still looking for shelter and food  :censored:  I've now picked the cat up, not sure if it's a boy or a girl but it's starving and has eaten a full bowl of food within minutes.  I'm going to try and get him/her in the CP next week as I have a full house at the moment.......fingers crossed they can squeeze him in.  I will put some piccies on later.......he/she is really friendly so hopefully won't wait too long for a home :Luv:

Link to CatChat