Author Topic: Cattery Management  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Cattery Management
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 15:13:29 PM »
Some of the FAB listed catteries actually run cattery management courses, - FAB used to run one themselves, but not sure if they still do, it was something I looked into a while ago, and have got the cattery management manual. I'd give FAB a ring and see if theres a cattery near you that offers a course.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
Cattery Management
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 14:56:54 PM »
Does anyone here know of a qualification in Cattery Management or who provides it? So far all I have been able to find is a general Animal Care City and Guilds which includes a bit on cattery management and a Kennel and Cattery management City and Guilds. The Animal Care one is very wide and also includes breeding, zoo animal care etc and as I have no intention of ever needing to know about them or running a kennel I just haven't found the right course yet.

I've ordered the FAB manual from Amazon but its taking ages to arrive. I'm hoping it might contain some more info but in the meantime I thought I'd try here.

I've been thinking for ages of setting up a small animal boarding facility and cattery. I want them both to be 5 star accomodation and be sure I'm doing it right so would like to get a course under my belt to help me understand what I need to know better.

Link to CatChat