Author Topic: Scary time  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Scary time
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »
Scary indeed. It would have been that cat's scream that made my blood run cold too.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 09:18:20 AM »
Gawd yes... my first foster turned out to be totally, utterly petrified of men and would disappear so thoroughly if she heard a male voice at the door that I believed she'd somehow slipped out many many times, despite completely searching the house, turning rooms upside down etc I never discovered where she was disappearing to - she'd always turn up asking for food and cuddles in the end!
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 09:08:59 AM »
 :rofl:  Tell you what, it's a good job we can laugh!!

Offline Lisa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 08:55:20 AM »
Totally understand. Glad he is safe and sound. Not long ago i realised that I hadnt seen Pepsi for a couple of hours, hunted round frantically, and ended up looking round for her outside in my jamas. After panicking for ages, hubbie found her snuggled up in the bottom of the wardrobe  :-[

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 08:52:38 AM »
That was it Sue, the break with the usual pattern. Kylie will stay out for an hour and I won't panic but Clapton is only ever out for a short time and always around at bedtime so that's what scared me. I can appreciate how parents feel when teenagers stay out late! (my mum always said she couldn't relax until the last one of us was in - which makes me feel bad as I was always the one who staggered in at 3am!!  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 07:19:59 AM »
It's that hideous moment of panic when you realise they're out when you thought they were in, and when it's a break with their usual pattern of behaviour that gets me.  Then your mind runs riot and the Mad Cat Person kicks in.  Many's the time I've been out at night in me jim-jams and dressing gown, peering under cars and calling them in when they've gone absent without leave.   ;D

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 00:32:04 AM »
Yes understand totally,

Tills is the one of mine that goes out late.  I count them  in  Ollie on  the bed Loki, noTills. wait until she comes in pretend to read a book (I like reading but not when Tills out ) Cat fight outside and it will only be one of my neighbours cats and they are quite good cats. When Im at home Till sticks to me like glue. Then she disappears.  She turns up wet wanting her cuddle  at undgodforsaken times and Im so relieved she gets them .  After a telling off she looks at me as if Im mad (which I probably am) and cuddles up in the crook of my arm purring like mad.  They are our babies, good bad and indifferent  and we will as always try to protect from the world. Clapton is obviouslly the same as Tilly and it is scary being on your own, I have to do it and so do many other for various reasons.  So Mark dont worry you are a mad cat person, which is the best honour you could get.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 00:16:16 AM »
yes i understand totally, and get in a panic if i cant find onme of mine.............usually sasa groannnnnnnnnn.

so pleased he is back safw and sound  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Scary time
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 23:41:40 PM »
Only other cat-lovers can possibly understand what I have just been though.

Clapton spends most of his time curled up on the sofa next to me in the evenings, only getting up to go in the garden to do his business or to remind me it's food time (about every 2 hours!)

I was on here and he was trying to get my attention but I ignored him as I knew he still had food upstairs (another story, he won't eat down here on l/g floor and will only eat in the hallway on the ground floor  :Crazy: )

I heard a cat scream outside and went to check all of mine were inside. I looked for Clapton and  realised that he had been out for an hour or so! - I went over the back of the garden and looked over the fence and couldn't see him. I tried (unsuccessfully) not to be neurotic. But he was nowhere to be found. I remembered we called the police last week as some pikey kids were hanging round the alley at the back drinking. All kinds of possibilities went through my head. Being here alone, not even any guests! made it worse. There was no point phoning OH in Coventry on business so was really panicking. Then suddenly I heard the catflap and he trotted in squawking (he doesn't miow) for food.

He had a can of food he shouldn't have (gourmet gold) and will be kept a close eye on - he doesn't realise what I've been through but I'm sure a lot of you do  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 23:42:49 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat