Author Topic: For peeps who have the Cat play cubes ..................  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: For peeps who have the Cat play cubes ..................
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 18:37:02 PM »
You'd better keep them or Dave will stage a protest! I shall have to buy some to send with him to his fosterer and I may need to make a special request to pay additional postage to NZ, that way I can keep contributing to the Purrs fund and keep his nibs happy  ;)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 18:34:11 PM »
Yep definitely.  As I said in the message earlier it's strange but the blue one is entirely intact whilst the red has torn quite easily.  You have to keep them Tan cos I will have to order more when he has massacred these!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 15:53:58 PM »
I think they are definitely worth keeping, as long as peeps are aware that they may rip very quickly!  Mosi has hardly been out of his since he got it.  He's just been pouncing in it and rolling it around the floor  :rofl:  It keeps him out of mischief for a while!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 15:50:36 PM »
Thanks hunnies for all ya feedback on these.  The reviews on the shop is very helpful for future buyers  ;D

I have popped more details aboput the cubes on the shop page so people are aware that the cubes may not last long.I am trying to source another make of cat cube in USA to see if they are better made and they do these in diff colours.

So do ya think the cubes are still worth keeping as a shop product?   

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 13:13:43 PM »
Dave's gets a little more massacred as the days go by  :evillaugh: I can't even pick it up to pop it back up without him leaping onto it, it's a dangerous toy from my point of view, loss of fingers being a very real possibility  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 13:10:34 PM »
Mosi is in and out of his all day.  I've just noticed that he has created a hole in one side by the seam.  Just a small one.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »
Charlie still loves his, he plays in them every single day.  He loves to hide and dive on his Da toys and rolls around.  The red one is split in several places but the blue one is still perfect.  Think I will have to buy him another set if this one gets beyond use as he really enjoys them.  Also loves his curly wurlies and chases them round like a mad cat (well he is a mad cat)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 12:20:22 PM »
Mosi has his cube  ;D  He's only had it for half an hour but so far it's a big hit.  He squashed it flat within seconds but it bounced back.  He loves standing outside it and swiping at the dangly toys. 

Criticisms would be that the finishing isnt' too good and there are bits of thread dangling from the seams.  We all know that cats and thread don't mix so I've had to go around with a pair of scissors trimming it.  Mosi hasn't ripped it yet, but the seams don't look strong.  So I'd say the seams could do with being finished a bit better and with a bit more care.  But otherwise it seems to be stronger than it looks and the thin fabric makes it easy to see through it so they can see the dangly toys through the fabric which Mosi seems to like.

Will post some pics later.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 13:05:43 PM »
I have a complaint! Dave collapses it within, oh 30 seconds of it going up so this is a very high maintenance toy from this Meowmy's point of view  :evillaugh:

I will get some pictures shortly, suffice to say though, Dave pounced on this the second it came out of the packet.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »
Well, just this one photo taken a few mins ago.... can anyone find the cat in this?

:evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 17:21:52 PM »
Lol it was them i was comparing the cubes too  :rofl: The ikea tents are thicker material and can be used outside as the material is waterproof but the cubes are more of a thin nylon and not waterproof. They do pop up the same as the tents. The diff where i find the cubes better is that the cats can go in and out, jump into, pick up, roll, dive under etc and play with the hanging toys so much more play value than the tents and thinking now the material was prob del used top make the cubes as light as poss so all that can be done by a cat.

Let me know what ya think hun.   :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 17:21:29 PM »
good oh, will wait and see before sticking my bib in then, lol Am excited now!! ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 17:19:59 PM »
Jo the Ikea tents are made from sturdier stuff. The fabric on the cubes is very thin fairly see-through, where the Ikea tents have a stronger weave. The Ikea tents have rods in place to secure it into shape whereas these are flexirods so it will appearl flimsier. You'll see the difference when you get them. Lexy's Ikea tent has lasted ages and is still in shape, sturdy etc, but the cubes I expect will not last as long before the fabric is ripped off  :evillaugh: can't wait. She goes bonkers.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 17:14:52 PM »
Tan the cat tents from Ikea look flimsy too, but they are tough as boots. My lot have flattened theirs more times than you can count, but it just keeps popping back into shape. I think it is the close weave of the fabric that does the trick! Mine will be here on Saturday as have had Royal Mail redeliver... ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 17:02:07 PM »
Thanks hun  ;D

I have put a note so peeps expect that the cubes are thin material etc when they open them.  They were the hottest cat toy sold on ebay last few months and have sold out very quick so knew they would be popular but I expected a more sturdy made cube. Still i am really pleased with the play value for the cats and thats the reason we get em hey!

Just had another order for them and the customer has said her lad is desparate for his cubes!   :rofl:

Sorry hun for they delay in getting your cubey out to you. The order from the new supplier got delayed as the box got sent to Plymouth by the courier and they had troube (god knows why!) finding it and getting to the right address!  They arrived on Monday eve and should of got here over a week ago! :doh: :Crazy:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 17:00:14 PM »
Yep feel free Tanni.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 16:50:34 PM »
I'm still waiting for mine  :-: But it was only posted yeasterday so I'll forgive you  ;)

Looks like everyone else is having lots of fun with them though, Dave needs some new toys, tried to get him to go out for a run around on the balcony yesterday but he stuck his head out the door and came back in so needs some more indoor entertainment!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 16:48:43 PM »
You can certainly use Charlie's pix Tan and I will leave a review

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 16:41:32 PM »
 ;D fantastic pics  ;D They both look like they like em then  ;D

I am a bit worried about them as they are very delicate and my 1st impression is that they are flimsey made with thin material and def only for indoor use so a bit disapointed when i 1st opened them up However, i didn't know then how much Garf and Marl would love them. I have had mine (ok had to have 4 to try out  :evillaugh: ) for over a month now and they are still going mental for them thats even with leaving them out all the time and still in good nik for amount of tumbles dragging and crushing they have been through!.

I am hoping to get some more reviews on the shop for them to see if they many we have sold also have a good response from the cats and whether we continue to stock them. So if anyone with the cubes could leave a shop review on the cube product page that would be fabarousstic  ;D

Is it ok to use some of these pics in the shop?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 16:17:40 PM »
Here you go, some with Lexy and her cubes.

Its a good place to just.. be

Chasing the laser is great fun.. where'd it go  :-:

Green's boring, where's the red then?

And great for peekaboo

Lexy has gone bonkers with her cubes. They are so maleable that she can roll around in them and she doesn't get frightened by the sudden bounce back. Fab!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: For peeps who have the Cat play cubes ..................UPDATED WITH PIX
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 16:21:51 PM »
Didn't notice the bit to click to put more than one on the first time around!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 21:06:59 PM by Maddiesmum »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 16:20:29 PM »
Charlie and his new cube

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »
Well Tan and everyone.  Charlie received a parcel this morning containing his two cat cubes and curly wurlies.  I have only given him one cat cube to test out and he loves it.  I have taken a couple of pix which I will email to Tan later (my pc is being repaired and I have to do it on that) so she can see him having fun.  He has chased the curly wurlies round and carried them round in mouth until he is shattered.  Highly recommended.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 23:32:23 PM »
I am so pleased that you both will be staying with us  ;D

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 19:05:33 PM »
Unlike BC mine will be getting used straight away so will let you know when I receive it.

We may be moving half way round the world but you don't get rid of us that easily  :naughty:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 18:33:28 PM »
I'll be back. I may have to wait a bit to get connected to broadband (I suspect a satellite dish may come into the equation) but I will most definitely not be going away for long! Besides, it's at least a couple of months before you have to worry about anything like that!

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 18:31:54 PM »
bc we're gonna miss you :(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 17:59:46 PM »
Tan, I am guessing mine is one of the three parcels not delivered yesterday. I will be keeping it unused until I get to Oz as the cats will need some entertainment when they get out of quarantine. So will be unable to provide feedback until then. Sorry.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
For peeps who have the Cat play cubes ..................
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 13:11:58 PM »
What do a think of em?  As they are a new product feedback is very very welcome to decide if we continue stocking them in the shop.

Link to CatChat