Author Topic: A few words  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: A few words
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 19:22:41 PM »
Sending lots of hugs your way  :hug:  I can understand how you feel and why you want to take a bit of a break from the forum.  Just don't be a stranger  :hug:  I know that one day another precious little furball will find his or her way to you and help heal the hurt.  S/he will never replace Jameson, but one day you will find you have room in your heart to love another little one.

I just love the quote on the Purrs roll of honour - "I still miss those I have loved who are no longer with me, but I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss" (Rita Mae Brown).  One day, your gratitude for having loved Jameson will conquer the loss, but rigth now I'm sure it doesn't feel like ever will  :hug:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 10:28:22 AM »
Just lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you both until you feel ready to return

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 08:46:24 AM »
Of course we all understand, you do what you need to and remember we will be thinking of you and keen to hear how you are doing.  Big  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 19:55:20 PM »
Helena getting over the loss is a hard hill to climb, having lost 2 to RTA's 23 years apart both in the same place there is not a day goes by when I don't miss my precious boys Toerag and Haggis, I will say that the pain does lessen but the memories remain and thats what counts

I was lucky I had others cats to hug, and cry on

I'm sure Jamieson will be watching out for you and Robin and when the time is right he will use his lovely paw to guide you to your next baby

In my case each one was like loosing a child in fact I cried buckets for them and very little for my Mum when her release came from cancer

Take care and we are always here whenever you need us - where else are we going to go Purrs is our world and you are very much part of that for however long you want to be and Jamieson will always be here for his parents to pop in a have a look

Take Care :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 19:49:34 PM »
Good luck with your course and i hope your pain softens soon  :hug:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 19:04:27 PM »
Hi Helena,

Just read your post. As others have said, we all know how you feel and why you feel the way that you feel, we all understand because we all feel the same about our fur babes. I said in one of my recent posts that I consider it a privilege to be a member of Purrs and be a memeber of such a caring community that not only care about our puds but also care about each other. Please come back and visit us when you feel that you are able, we'll all be here and we look forward to hearing your news.

Kind regards to you both.

:hug:

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 17:40:09 PM »
Of course we all understand , and when the time is right we will still be here. :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 15:29:23 PM »
Take as long as you need. Enjoy getting stuck into your home course and if you need me or anyone else you know where we are.

Have a wonderful Christmas. 

:hug: from Dave and I x

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 13:15:28 PM »
We completely understand - your loss will still be very raw. Despite what many people seem to think, cats are such unique and special individuals that when we lose them it's difficult to know how to handle the grief.

Jameson was a lucky lad to have such a loving human family, and I'm sure he knew that. He was taken too young, but the life he had was filled with love and fun because of you two.

Sending you both big hugs  :hug: :hug: and hoping things feel a little less painful soon.

I can't say it any better than this so 'ditto' and  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »
:grouphug:

We'll be here if you need us  :hug:  Good luck with your course  :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »
Of course we understand Helena sweetie, come back to us whenever you want to, we'll be here, and will be around to offer support, hugs, and hopefully congrats one day when Jameson decides its time to send you a new furbabe xxxxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »
Take care Helena, you know where we all are if you ever need us xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

To you, and you know where we all are should you need us.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
Helena do what you need to do and don't worry about us.

You know we are here for you and I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we will welcome you back anytime.  When I lost my Smudge it was hard but I soon got Bonnie and I talk about her now as well as Smudge on the odd occasion as I feel everyone knew him even though I came on here when he went missing.

Have a fantastic Christmas and get another cat when you both feel the time is right and remember you are not replacing Jameson, you are giving a lovely life to another lovely cat.

Email me if you want to anytime.

Mary xx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:35:17 AM »
We completely understand - your loss will still be very raw. Despite what many people seem to think, cats are such unique and special individuals that when we lose them it's difficult to know how to handle the grief.

Jameson was a lucky lad to have such a loving human family, and I'm sure he knew that. He was taken too young, but the life he had was filled with love and fun because of you two.

Sending you both big hugs  :hug: :hug: and hoping things feel a little less painful soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:24:36 AM »
Very wise words,

:hug: hope it's not too long before you're back with us as before, take care xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:10:44 AM »
wise words hun, I felt the same about my lovely Algie - look forward to seeing you back on the forum soon  :hug:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
A few words
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »
Without sounding to down-beat, I just wanted to say that I am taking a bit of time out from being active on this forum. I know I haven't been as active since the loss of my baby Jameson, for obvious reasons. I love this forum, and you guys have been the best support anyone could ask for, but it's also a constant reminder of Jameson, and it's a bit different now I don't have a furbaby. If it wasn't for him I would never have discovered this forum (best help & advice ever for new cat owners!)

I will probably log in every now and then, and of course if/when we adopt more cats you'll be the first people to know about it, but right now I am trying to focus on other things, I'm starting a course from home too which I am looking forward to.

Losing my beloved Jameson is most definitely the hardest thing I have ever been through, and I am nowhere near getting over it and probably never will.

Also, a friendly few words of advice... please... please.... keep your cats safe. If you life near a busy road please consider cat proofing your garden if your cat is used to the outdoors. I would hate for anyone to go through what we did. Finding your best friend lifeless in the road is a sight I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (if I had one.) Carrying him home in a bag and digging the grave was the most heartbreaking thing we ever did. He was only 2 and 1/2 and didn't deserve to die like that. He was the best thing that EVER happened to me, and he changed my life for the better. He was my comfort and my perfect, precious friend. Having him by my side made me feel peace within myself. To know that he is never coming back breaks my heart into millions of pieces.

Cats don't know the difference between a road, a pavement, and a garden. To them, it's all a big exciting world. But I have learned that being a cat in a human world is not the same as being a human in a cats world. The human world is too dangerous.

So, I hope you guys are all wrapped up warm inside with your furries, and enjoying this time leading up to christmas. I am yet to buy the calendar so will probably log in a few more times before christmas. 

Big hugs  :hug:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:50:47 PM by tigerbaby »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Link to CatChat