Author Topic: Harry is acting strange..  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Harry is acting strange..
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 11:33:11 AM »
Glad Harry is back to normal.  Best of luck with the move, hope they don't get too stressed  :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 10:05:54 AM »
Glad to hear that Harry has settled down

If you get a Feliway get it online because its about half the price that the vets charge - good luck with the move.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 09:54:44 AM »
hi ladies, it's calmed down a bit at night now, charlie goes out a wander around the back gardens through the day, if you shout on him he'll always come back, but i'm always wary about letting harry out bc he's not the sharpest tool :Luv: i'm wondering if thats why?

today i let him out with charlie, but he came back in within 10 mins :innocent: think he much prefers his home comforts :)

hope he's ok for moving on monday, going to visit the vets for some frontline and indorex for the new house (i know they used to have cats,) so may get a feliway diffuser.

thanks for everyones help :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 19:36:36 PM »
I also noticed the moon is getting brighter at present - could even be that ... who knows with cats? :Crazy:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 19:35:40 PM »
Sarah, how old is Harry? That's one of the symptoms of the onset of dementia. (Old Mog is an almighty terror for the "wail of the banshee!")

on no don't say that JS :'(

he's only 14 months, a baby :(

Sarah, don't worry about dementia if he's only wee - it's definitely only been linked to cats in ten or over.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 18:10:13 PM »
Could he be complaining about the weather?
He's a bit young for the usual problems, like hyperthyroidism.
Do you have new neighbours, or a new cat in town who comes out at that time of night, so Harry is asserting his presence, as BC suggested.
If it continues and seems to cause him distress, the vet may be worth visiting.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 13:17:55 PM »
Given you are about to move once more, perhaps he has picked up on the vibe? Or possibly there are new cats in the neighbourhood who are putting him off a bit - I think the feliway is a good first port of call, but if it continues, or other behaviours commence, then a quick trip to the vet might be in order ...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 13:12:01 PM »
Riley does that too, he'll wander round making a loud wailing sound.  I think his is just him being a bit hyper as if you call him he'll come rocketing over all excited.  The only thing I'd say that as it's a new beahviour it might be an idea to get him checked over at the vets.

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 10:14:03 AM »
Sarah, how old is Harry? That's one of the symptoms of the onset of dementia. (Old Mog is an almighty terror for the "wail of the banshee!")

on no don't say that JS :'(

he's only 14 months, a baby :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:21:31 AM »
Can't offer any useful advice other than speak to your vet.  Hope you can get it sorted quickly

• Super Cat
Harry is acting strange..
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:49:41 AM »
Hello lovlies!! :Luv:

A wee question..

For the past few days Harry has been wandering around the house at different times of the day/night, miaowing randomly. At first we thought it was when we put Aiden (our 6 month old baby,) to bed and he couldn't find him, because sometimes when he can't find Charlie he will miaow until he finds him. But he's doing it again now and Aidens here?? :-:

We usually close our bedroom door at night and the cats sleep downstairs because Harry tends to trample all over you when you sleep, but the past couple of nights he has been scratching at our door and Aidens door and miaowing loudly. So last night we left it open and he slept beside me all night, (woke me up at half 5 with paws to the face right enough. :evillaugh:)

It's just not like him, it's a total change in behaviour. Some of you may remember that Harry had a lot of problems as a kitten and our vets think he has mental problems from taking fits when he was tiny, he still doesn't remember to use his litter tray a lot, although it's much better than it used to be!!

Anyone any idea what this could be? I was thinking about some feliway, but I would like to know the root of the problem, he seems fine health wise, eating and drinking normall etc..

Thankyou!!! :Luv:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:15:45 AM by Sarah (seldom_use) »

Link to CatChat