Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Advice Please
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 13:04:10 PM »
I presume you haven't seen any "lost" posters about?

If some people only see their cat once a week as far as they are concerned they have not lost their cat, if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 13:04:50 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Clairio

• Kitten
Re: Advise Please
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 12:49:12 PM »
I haven't had a chance to check for any signs in the shop as i only spoke to the neighbour as i was leaving the house this morning.  I never thought to look before as they don't strike me as being strays, they are very clean and friendly and not under weight and they are around the age that you would start letting kittens out but i can't ignore the story about the bin so i'm going to speak to the girl tonight and find out exactly where she found them and take it from there. 

I'm also going to use the paper collars idea and make them a little shelter in the garden.  I don't want to invite them in unless i really have to as it will only confuse them if they have a home.  When we had bad snow on Friday and went out and called them a few times before i went to bed as i'd seen them just before it started snowing but they weren't around so i suspect they are going somewhere. 

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 12:26:26 PM »

Although, even if you do find the right owner, do they really seem responsible anyway?

think it is wrong to jump to conclusions -
alot of people allow their kittens to go out once they have been Vaccinated and if boys they might have been neutered too.

As i have said i would take them in for a few days so that someone starts to miss them and then advertise them as found !

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 12:15:35 PM »
Why dont you try putting their pictures/descriptions on posters in your local shops etc as "found

I personally would not do that as then someone may claim them who is not really the owner.

Perhaps you will see my lost/found advice on my site www.chesterfieldcats.co.uk. obviously the phone numbers will need to be your local numbers.

I didnt think of that. I'd go with putting the posters up without colours etc listed then and ask people for a description of their lost kittens when/if they phone.

Although, even if you do find the right owner, do they really seem responsible anyway? I presume you haven't seen any "lost" posters about?
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 12:07:34 PM »
Could you take them in for a few days so they have the chance to be "lost"
THEN put up some posters (dont put colours of kittens on posters) and contact local vets.

I know exactly what you mean

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 11:38:26 AM »
Could you take them in for a few days so they have the chance to be "lost"
THEN put up some posters (dont put colours of kittens on posters) and contact local vets.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:28:46 AM »
Why dont you try putting their pictures/descriptions on posters in your local shops etc as "found

I personally would not do that as then someone may claim them who is not really the owner.

Perhaps you will see my lost/found advice on my site www.chesterfieldcats.co.uk. obviously the phone numbers will need to be your local numbers.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:29:11 AM by Ela »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »
Why dont you try putting their pictures/descriptions on posters in your local shops etc as "found" and see if anyone comes forward?

If not then I would either take them in or take them to a rescue  ;D It doesnt seem right for them to be so young roaming the streets  :(
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Clairio

• Kitten
Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:02:50 AM »
Good Morning eveyone, happy valentines day!

I'm looking for a bit of advice please.  A couple of very friendly kittens (i'd say about 4 to 5 months old) have been hanging around our house sinse last week.  I see them everyday, somedays they seem  hungry somedays they just want to play.  My neighbour, who i thought they might belong to, just told me that her daughter and friends found them in a bin and now they won't go away but she can't keep them as they have a house rabbit.  What do i do?!  Obviously, if these kittens are definately homeless then i will take them in but how can i be sure?  I don't want to be stealing someones babies.  If it hadn't been for the fact that they didn't seem hungry last night (although the one that came this morning was starving) i wouldn't have even questioned the story but young girls can be very persuasive when they want something.  I don't want to risk feeding them and confusing them if they have a home but i don't want them to see them on the streets either.  What should i do?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 12:49:49 PM by Clairio »

Link to CatChat