Author Topic: Transport run - Blackpool to Carlisle, can anyone help? SORTED  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Transport run - Blackpool to Carlisle, can anyone help?
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 16:47:11 PM »
Flora is in her new home now and looks great  ;D

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 22:33:15 PM »
We would only open the carrier whilst parked up & doors locked, but if she was too stressed then i would just sit in the back with the carrier & talk to her.

Can bring 3 carrier's and extra bedding just encase she does have an accident.
Splitz has done accidents in the carrier as she dont like them   :sick:  but sometimes think its just to get one on me for putti her in it  :shify:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 22:34:01 PM by **TINA** »
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 22:23:13 PM »
I read it as that JS, but that halfway back they would let Flora out if she was calm - which does strike me as very brave even with 1 person driving and one holding on to her if released.  One of my cats escaped in the car whilst driving and it wasn't pleasant!!

She probably will be stressed at having to do all the journey anyway - just hope she is a better traveller than Robbie who usually uses the carrier as a toilet within minutes of getting in it he is that traumatised!  :sick:

Karen
x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 21:40:59 PM »
MM, I think the plan is to get into Tinas car, close all the doors and move Flora to the other cat carrier. :) Yes, it might be a little stressful at the time, but looking at the long term situation Flora will be in the loving new home she deserves.

Tina, do you have any feliway spray?  Flora may benefit from a little being squirted into the carrier.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 18:47:02 PM »
Wow! that would be totally amazing , firstly the cat carrier thing no probs when we met we could jump in your car and swap her to our basket, then when on the way back we could let her into the back of the car and tina could fuss her if she is willing,

Its really safest to keep her in a carrier, she wont know you and after so long in care may be very stressed, a loose cat in a car is dangerous!!  :scared:

Good luck for getting her home  ;D

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 22:10:46 PM »
Just let me know - I'm fluey at the moment so anything would have to wait a few days.  Am currently off work sick recovering from operation (hence the needing clearance to drive) so picking a day to do the journey shouldn't be any problem.  I'm sure driving wouldn't be a real problem as I will stop off and have a break on the way back I just haven't not done distance driving for some time. 

Let me know whatever you decide to do.

Karen
x

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 21:38:09 PM »
Wow! that would be totally amazing , firstly the cat carrier thing no probs when we met we could jump in your car and swap her to our basket, then when on the way back we could let her into the back of the car and tina could fuss her if she is willing, Tina says to hang fire though as she wouldnt want you doing too much for you although it would give flora the home she deserves. We are trying to work it out so i can do the whole journey - am gonna ask my boss if there are any coach trips i can do to blackpool in the next week.
Thank you for the offer though and sorry but we may need to take you up on it  :Luv:

Tina, Pod, Rolo, Splitz and Mick
and

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 21:26:05 PM »
You are literally the only offer of help we've had so far, Sootyca! Am still waiting for Nicky to get in touch.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 20:14:39 PM »
If you are *absolutely* desparate I could probably help out.  I have clearance to drive but only supposed to do small local journeys.  Somehow I don't think a trip to Blackpool and then up the M6 counts as a small local journey - it will take me a good 45mins to get to Blackpool and then another hour up the motorway then back home again.

I would obviously much prefer if someone else could do it but in case no-one else can.....

How would it work with regards to a cat carrier and doing the exchange?  I only have one and obviously couldn't part with it - but I also have images of a petrified cat tearing round the car! :)  If I was to do it, there seems to be a service station on the M6 (Jct 38, near Tebay) that seems to have access to both sides of the carriage way which would be easier than going into the centre of either Kendal or Penrith for me personally.

Just let me know - as I say, would prefer if someone else could do it but if it is the difference between Flora having a home and not. ;)

Karen

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 16:29:02 PM »
Still waiting for a response from Nicky.... :scared: .......I think you and Tina are wonderful offering Flora a home, and driving all that way to make sure it happens. Will keep pestering on Pet Rescue too.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 16:06:23 PM »
No the star will be the person/people that can do the extra miles! :briggin:

Mick
and

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 21:27:52 PM »
Mick, you're a star. I'll email Nicky now and see if she can get anyone from her side of things to help.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 19:32:45 PM »
Hi Tinas other half here.
If anyone could make it as far north as Kendal or preferabally penrith i could do the rest of the journey as the sooner we can get her out of kennels and into a forever home the better

Surely someone can do the other 50 miles please

Mick
and

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Transport run - Blackpool to Carlisle, can anyone help? SORTED
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
Flora (who has been in the care of Blackpool Cats in Care for nearly a year!) has finally been offered the loving home she deserves. :) Can anyone help get this lovely girl from Blackpool to Carlisle.

If you want to know more about her, click on this link:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,18220.0.html

She's a sweetie - and after such a rough start, deserves to be safe. Her new family are prepared to drive to Carlisle from their home an hour and a half away to meet anyone that can help.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 19:39:34 PM by JackSpratt »

Link to CatChat