Author Topic: Cat Proofing Windows?  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
Re: Cat Proofing Windows?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 15:46:56 PM »
Tell me about it........they were both done at 5mths.  The last thing I wanted was to add to the ever growing number of kittens in the world especially as I got these 2 terrors from the CP in NW Kent.
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 15:35:40 PM »
Lucky you caught her before a tom did!
Im thinking of screens, although my cats have free access to the world the youngest has a thing for upstairs windows   :-:

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:00:12 PM »
definitely something I need to considered for the summer.............Cruz "jumped" from our upstairs window last summer when she was about 3mths old - a friend of ours stayed over and forget to shut the window when he got up that morning.  Cruz landed on the concrete below and then hid in the lavendar bush whilst mummy search the house as first of all I thought she was just hiding.  Then I saw this little black and white head appear as if to say - you looking for something  :innocent:  Thankfully not a scratch or bump on her - that 1 of her lives gone so must sort it especially now they're bigger

People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:18 AM »
I have the cataire screens and am very pleased with them, the mesh itself is unobtrusive.  I have every faith in the screens although they haven't really been tested as Tiggy is an OAP now and more interested in sleeping than escaping through windows!  You have to make the frames yourself from the kit supplied but they are fairly easy to make although I got my sister to make mine as I am DIY dyslexic.

You can also buy the mesh seperately and I know that some people on CC had made their own from mesh and heavy duty velcro without a frame.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:07:22 AM »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Cat Proofing Windows?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »
Hi all

Just wondering if there is a product on the market that can be put over windows so that they can still be opened but indoor cats can't get out? Had a nasty incident with Menue earlier, forgot my kitchen window was open and I caught her with half her body on the window sill outside so I had to drag her back in!

Also for the summer as I hate the heat!! I'll need to open windows!

Sarah xx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Link to CatChat