Author Topic: Stroppy Madams!!!  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
Re: Stroppy Madams!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 03:19:55 AM »
I've just had the full-on Claws McGraw treatment from Letty - halfway through her loopy ten minutes this evening she decided to come and say hello, all very sweet, and then turned back into Mr Hyde mid-purr and sank 4 sets of claws AND all her teeth into my poor poor little hand. It's got teethmarks on now.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 15:08:07 PM »
I must just be lucky then - 10 cats and not one stroppy one !! (although Bear will bite OH)
Dont think i have ever been bitten or scratched

My friends cat, Sophie, However  -
What a nasty B*tch that is lol

She does the rub round ya legs and then as soon as you put a hand down she has ya !
and she really goes for it with both front paws and claws out.
I have fallen for her leg rubs so many times and ended up with an hand that looks like it has been caught on Barb wire LOL

Offline Cathy Biscuits mom

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 14:08:02 PM »
It probably is just down to the individual cat, my moms cat Felix (male) is the soppyest cuddliest cat ever and so is my sister in laws cat Tilly (female). And even if Biscuit doesn't grow out of it, like Bob said, I'll still love her no matter what and in her heart of hearts I know she loves me.
 :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 13:45:00 PM »
I reckon it's a girl thing.  Me?  I like a bit of fuss and attention at times,  but there's a bit of attention and then there's taking liberties!  The great thing about cats is, liberties are taken on their say so!   ;D

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 13:44:39 PM »
My Harry likes a stroke for a while then bites, I think its down to the cat.

Offline Paws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 13:14:45 PM »
Our first cat was like this- stroke stroke purr purr and then suddenly she'd rip your hand to shreds! She'd also come and sit on your lap and if you tried to move her to get up she'd attack! I was absolutely terrified of her to start with. Not sure if she ever got better or we just learnt to read the signs better!

We have two boys now and they are much more placid- don't know if that is because boy cats are or just different temperaments...

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 12:57:46 PM »
My old cat Marmalade was absolutely vicious and vocal! Nevertheless, I loved him to bits and was distraught when he died. Some cats are just like that; she may grow out of it but perhaps not; we love them all the same.

Bob

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 08:59:06 AM »
Naughty Franta!  Fingers crossed it was a one off.

I'm glad I have chilled out boys - no strops at my place!  The odd " :censored:  off" hiss from Jaffa when Mosi jumps him while he's trying to wash his privates, but generally everything's calm and happy  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 22:39:39 PM »
I just dont know, very puzzling.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 22:30:28 PM »
Yikes Gill!!! Lets hope not.  I have not experienced that with any of my cats - touch wood.  Wonder why he has just started now?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 22:25:50 PM »
Well I just had the optimum in stroppy misters and could not believe my eyes!

Was sitting at puter and Franta cuddlebum came into study like he does and came sniffing around a box where Misa jumps up on desk and mostly Sasa rubs against, he turned round with his tail up and tried................yes tried LOl.............to spray. Obviously not very practised and missed box and just made some drops on floor but Misa could smell it and was sitting there looking at where I had cleaned up, as if to say, what did he do that for  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bad bad bad Franta, I hope this is not gonna be a trend :sick:

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 20:19:10 PM »
Stroppy Madam?  Stroppy Mister more like, it isnt just exclusive to females. 

Sam is often a softie....until he has had enough of me and clamps his jaw around my hand, leg as I am walking upstairs, sometimes he chomps on my hair as I am sleeping and wakes me up sporting a funky new hairdo - a la crispy, matted yard brush!  What I did to him while I was asleep I have no idea  :innocent:

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 15:02:25 PM »
Picture the scene - I've just got home for lunch Princess Biscuit comes running to say hello, headbutts all round, all very calm and sweet, oh such a lovely ickle kitty - but i should have known better, she's lulling me into a false sense of security because the next minute she's turned in the killer cat from hell and taking swipes at me  - oh why oh why - where am I going wrong??
 :'(

Offline x9lives

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 14:50:37 PM »
 :evillaugh: I had one of those moments last night, eyes closed purring away like a little motor bike next thing 'CRUNCH'..........ooooh what a tasty hand you have, stroke me again and I'll take your arm off.  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 23:36:19 PM »
I have just been given the royal treatment.  "Head fusses wanted please and lets not forget the chunk of your hand that I'll take when I go...." :shy: ouch

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 18:48:10 PM »
Enter Sasa stage right see humans and exits stage left as fast as possible. Will include nearly knocking human over withe her substantial body, if human is in the way!

Then we have the birman boys, loves to be stroked and then suddenly out of the blue........chomp.................human exits stage left holding hand , arm or what ever it was that they had bitten this time!

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 15:19:11 PM »
On no my Macey is the total opposite, she just loves attention and a good old belly rub. Ted is the one who sulks in my house.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 14:47:32 PM »
Bilbo is kind of like that. He'll sit with me for hours on a sunny day if I'm working on my car, purring away, yet if I try to stroke him, he'll suddenly realise and look at me as if to say "What the HELL do you think you're doing???" and storm off  :evillaugh:

Baggins is entirely different - he's started to shout for attention and cuddles  :)
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline x9lives

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 13:46:12 PM »
Yup, my Matilda is exactly the same she only lets you fuss her when she wants and if she doesn't want to then she rips your arm off!  :evillaugh: Actually she isn't that bad she just gives you a little nip to say get off she never actually draws blood. (well most of the time  ;)) She loves a good wressle though, needless to say I always come off worse.  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 09:52:15 AM »
Enter Madam Lexy...Queen of Strop.....

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
Stroppy Madams!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:42:40 AM »
Hi guys

Why are some cats so much more friendly than others, my Biscuit has always been abit of a princess but now she's a complete madam. I'm allowed one stroke on the head and then she turns and looks at me with that mad cat look in her eyes and swipe! me fingers are ripped to shreds and then off she takes like a bat of hell full of "chase me chase me" Yet if she wants something its all "oh look at me I'm so cute". She's never been a lap cat wanting cuddles but hey I can live with that but it'd be nice to receive abit of affection every now and then. I'm hoping its her age lol - she's 16 months and hopefully she'll grow out of it lol. Have any of you guys got stroppy little madams?

Cathy
 :thanks:

Link to CatChat