Thank you!  :shy:
Carmen x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Hello!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 19:44:17 PM »
 :Luv2: all your pets are lovely Carmen!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 19:07:11 PM »
Lovely piccies, Carmen.  Lord Lewis Hamilton - he's gorgeous.  Glad to hear the growth isn't giving him any pain.  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »
Hi Carmen and Gang and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your family (furry and human) looks lovely.  I'm sure you will have a great ime on here.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CarmenCole

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
Thanks!

Here's some pics of the others...

The first one is my siggy on Rabbit Rehome (forum), that is all the animals in residence (humans included).  It also includes Maggie, who sadly passed away on 7th November. :'(  Her husbun Nicholas has moved indoors, and will be a housebun until spring so he isn't alone.

Our ratty is quite old now.  He had been in a petshop for 18 months before I caved in (against my principles to not go to a rescue, but I kind of rescued him from dying of old age in a glass box).  We have only had him for 6 months, but he unfortunately has a growth on his side.  It is growing slowly, and doesn't cause him any pain (unless the vet pokes it).  When it gets too large, the vets has agreed to remove it, but he is getting on, so we dont really know if he'll live long enough to need surgery.

The second pic is of Miffy.  She was passed to me in a tiny cage by a lady whose kids had 'got bored of her'.  She hadn't been handled in 6 months, her claws were overgrown so she couldn't walk, she wasn't vaccinated or neutered.  >:(  Within a couple of weeks we had rectified that, and temporarily rehomed her with my sister-in-law.  Next spring she is due to return to me and I will be bonding her to Nick and they will go back outside to the bunny house!  :Luv2: This pic is her first time outside!
Carmen x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 08:31:38 AM »
:welcome: Carmen

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »
hi and welcome - we have a few other bunny fans on the site, zorro looks cute!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 07:32:29 AM »
Hi Carmen - welcome to Purrs  :welcome:

Zorro is beautiful!!   Very handsome, bless him.  I have a penchant for ginger and white's  :sneaky:  Hmmm - might have to be some cat-napping, ladies!

Can we have some piccies of your Dumbo Rat, Hamilton, please  ;D  Am quite partial to them too.  ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 22:45:52 PM »
Hi Carmen  :) you'll have to post some photos of your pets
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CarmenCole

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 22:01:26 PM »
Thanks!

He is adorable!  He was so ill when I first saw him, I really didn't expect him to make it.  He is completely crazy, full of life and in perfect health now.  He has an extra claw attached by skin only on one of his back paws that needs removing, and 5th claw and pad on his front paws, which is great for gripping!  ;)

He loves Nicholas, our recently widowed house rabbit, they spend hours chasing eachother around, but nothing beats cuddling up on the sofa with us!

He discovered the great outdoors this week, finding a nest of wild mice on his first morning.  :shocked:  But now he's moved on to bringing me dry leaves!  :Crazy:
Carmen x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 21:52:45 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs  ;D

i love zorro  ;D

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 21:43:58 PM »
 :Hello:   Carmen and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Sounds like you are one big happy family.

Look forward to seeing you posting.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline CarmenCole

• Adult Cat
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 21:31:22 PM »
Hi

My name is Carmen, I currently have one young kitten called Zorro (18 weeks).  He was the tiniest and poorliest of a group of 5 cats/kittens I was dumped with back in September.  With the help of a lady from the Cat's Protection League, I managed to rehome a mother and her daughter together, another mother unfortunately was rehomed by the previous owner, but her 3 kittens were left at 6 weeks. :'(  The 2 sisters went together, and I kept the runt of the litter here, as he was seriously ill with diarrhoea, vomiting, terrible worms, flea infestation and dehydration.  :(

I took him to the vets, and a course of antibiotics, sensitivity pouches and worming, along with plenty of tlc got him through the first 10 days till he was old enough to be frontlined.  Now, at 18 weeks old he has just finished his vaccination course, is microchipped and is due to be booked in for castration next month.  He has won our hearts and is staying with us permanently.  :Luv:

Zorro lives with me, my husband, 3 sons (aged 8,7 & 2), a house rabbit called Nicholas (from rescue) , our Himalayan Dumbo Rex Ratty called Hamilton (shop bought), and 2 rabbits in the garden called Hunny (rescued by me) and Mustard (shop bought).  :)

Life is always fun, always busy, never boring!

Carmen x
Carmen x

Link to CatChat