Author Topic: stress related?????  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: stress related?????
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
As they are used to eating just rubbish dry i would swap to a good dry and then start on wet food, one thing at a time.

If you go to PAH they sell several better quality dry foods- royal canin, james wellbeloved, purina pro plan.
I found sensible RC food gave my lot diarrhoea so what works for one doesnt always another, get a small bag of one and try for at least a week as their stomachs will need time to adjust. Small portions too, overeating makes them loose!

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 11:04:25 AM »
ok  cool think ill pop in when i get the kids rm school

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 10:22:53 AM »
You'll be able to get some recovery food from your vet or I think you can buy it from vet stores online.

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 09:49:23 AM »
where do i get the recovery food from

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 09:12:35 AM »
You could start them off on the RC Recovery food and then try the sensitive gradually adding other food

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »
I would give them some wet to start with, as wet food is better than dry.
Please spay your cat

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 21:28:03 PM »
the only wet food they had is dog food as the pervious owner had dogs n let the cats eat it too. but im keen toget them on to wet food was told to get them on to a bets dry food first then start with wet ???

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 21:11:12 PM »
This is the one I mentioned in the PM Tinkers - problem is, it only comes in little 375gram bags. Paet at Home own one is a much better deal and comes in big bags. If you haven't got a shop nearby, you can order online. It is the one in the silver bags, not the value one. Royal Canin sensible 33 is the one I recommend for cats with dodgy tums - You can feed it to any cats - it has good ingredients. I would still feed some wet though.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 21:09:58 PM »
ok thanx i guess nefin is beta that the stuff hes on.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 21:02:36 PM »
I got some 'Enhanced Nutrition' food from Tesco, not too bad ingredients, and they did have another one, it was in a brownish bag, and it was on offer last week - probably something like 'luxury'. Can't think of anything else that I saw in Tesco, I dont normally look at dry food but needed a small bag of senior for Zi. PAH do some that is OK, you need their Premium, I think its called, at a push their 'Purely' food, but that isn't that great really
Please spay your cat

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 20:08:27 PM »
is it available at pets at home do u no?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 19:59:32 PM »
Do you shop online? As Tescos offering of dry foods isnt that great, Purina One would probably be the best they offer, Mark will know if theres anything better than that on their shelves...
This is how the cruddy brands win as the supermarkets are where most people buy their petfood  :tired:

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 19:55:38 PM »
the dry stuff fink they only eat it coz thats all the ever been offered. im willin to spend nefin as long as i can get it from tescos lol just wana get my cats heathly. but i will say sumfin but its disgustin he has had poo thats form still quite soft but formed do its a start i guess lol :sick:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 19:48:07 PM »
Wet or dry from lidl? Some of their biscuits are dire, i took a very very hungry lactating stray from a stables and she was 'fed' that and even she didnt want to eat it!!

It depends what you wish to spend? as to what brands to try, would suggest you choose one brand and stick to that until all is ok

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 19:44:53 PM »
hes on the same food as before i got him but its really cheap stuff frm lidl. wat food wud u recommend

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 19:21:21 PM »
Moving into a new home often causes upset stomachs.  I would be careful about changing him to a new food - do you know what he was eating before you had him? - but a good quality food would probably be better.  I would switch him over very carefully.  After fasting for 24 hours I would re-introduce him to some bland food such as chicken, and then gradually add the new food, a little more each day.  What are you feeding him now and do you feed wet or dry?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 19:18:59 PM »
I would feed chicken for a couple of days and then start to introduce one brand of food, what do you normally feed him?

Regular worming with a product from your vet is also important.

Diarrhoea is the way to spell it  ;D i remember this with a little rhyme we had to make in our PS lesson when i was 13.

Darryl is a rug rat hanging off eight apples  :rofl: funny how things like that stick in your head forever  :tired:

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 13:41:38 PM »
i took me kitten to the vets he said its becoz he has been on crap food sum really cheap stuff and hes prob been like that for sum time and to take away food for 24 hours give plenty of water and to persever gettin him on to better food. :scared:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 13:52:33 PM »
Kittens go downhill very quickly with thsi......cant spell either lol................get him to a vet as an emergency tomorrow if this does not clear up

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »
It could be stress but I would keep an eye on him and if no improvement today take him for a vet check - has he been wormed?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline tinkers

• Adult Cat
stress related?????
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »
my 4mth old kitten sox has diaorreha soz cnt spell it lol cud it b stress related as he was split up with his sister (now reunited) and moved house ? also wat cn i do to help him thanx

Link to CatChat