Author Topic: Hello from PAWING!  (Read 4116 times)

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Re: Hello from PAWING!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 22:30:12 PM »
 :Hello:  Susan and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Just looked at your website it looks really professional

Pleased to have you on board
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline PAWING

• Kitten
  • Willow, Moya & Fatty
    • PAWING
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 17:31:02 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, nice to have another rescue person about, and I know of one person who might be able to benefit from your help already. Good on you for helping out chickens - my stepdad has taken quite a few from a battery farm environment to live on his allotment.

Brilliant! Do please pass our details on! Good on your stepdad for helping the ex-batts - it is so lovely to see them blossom when they come out of the cages and see what life should be all about! Chickens rock!

LOL! Only I would say that on a cat forum... /gets coat/    :scared:

LOL strangely enough my kitties also think chicken rocks .... but they prefer there's with slightly less feathers and still warm from the oven!!!  :scared:  Sorry chickens  :(

LOL! I'm just grateful that our dogs run around with them quite happily - I'd be in trouble otherwise (well.. the chickens would be!).
If Robin redbreast in a cage, gets all of Heaven in a rage, how must Heaven feel when, dies the billionth battery hen? Spike Milligan.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 12:39:02 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, nice to have another rescue person about, and I know of one person who might be able to benefit from your help already. Good on you for helping out chickens - my stepdad has taken quite a few from a battery farm environment to live on his allotment.

Brilliant! Do please pass our details on! Good on your stepdad for helping the ex-batts - it is so lovely to see them blossom when they come out of the cages and see what life should be all about! Chickens rock!

LOL strangely enough my kitties also think chicken rocks .... but they prefer there's with slightly less feathers and still warm from the oven!!!  :scared:  Sorry chickens  :(
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline PAWING

• Kitten
  • Willow, Moya & Fatty
    • PAWING
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 23:14:12 PM »

If Robin redbreast in a cage, gets all of Heaven in a rage, how must Heaven feel when, dies the billionth battery hen? Spike Milligan.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 22:51:22 PM »
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 07:13:17 AM »
Hi Susan and welcome to Purrs - what a fantastic family you have.   :welcome:

Love the way you fundraise - good job you don't work in my office - I'd never be away from the choclit   ;D  Hope you have lots of fun on the forum and can swop ideas, advice and help. 

(Am rather fond of chickens too - love what you do with battery rescue.  :Luv:)

Offline PAWING

• Kitten
  • Willow, Moya & Fatty
    • PAWING
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 22:34:40 PM »
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome! Thank you too, for the suggestion about the link - I will contact Tan when I am more established within this community! OMG Liz - 43 cats! I'd be in heaven - LOL! Your post reminded me of this: Click here although this is rather more cats!

We only have 6 cats and they are a handful - they have their own bedroom because they have varying behavioural problems and are calmer tucked away in their own room at night - they'd wreck the place if we left them out!

Cats just get to you, don't they? I am totally unashamed to confess that my favourite creature in the whole world is the humble chicken... but when my beautiful little black cat, Chianna, gives me a hug (yep - she hugs me!), I bury my face in her fur and forget all my troubles.  :Luv2:

Thank you again everyone - and please get in touch if we can be of any help to anyone who works with ferals!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 20:44:57 PM »
Welcome to Purrs its a great place and quite a network of wonderful people

I am the Clan Cats and Dogs Mother - Liz

We have 43 cats of our own and currently 2 dogs - newsflash at teh weekend on that!

Our mob are mainly ferals and all live in relative harmony - we have about 28 ferals ranging from nasty to nice, domestics for each set of ferals except Blue who came in about 3 months ago - haven't caught his mate Red yet!

All the cats live in the house - these ones anyway we also have about 10 outside who we feed and neuter when we catch them

Theres something magical about ferals!

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 20:10:07 PM »
Hi Susan  :), sounds a lovely charity and great idea about the tuck shop - just been reading your website lovely to hear you've been helping out battery hens - something I'm dead against, and other animals.  We trap/feed lots of ferals too, I love them like my own.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 21:19:00 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 19:13:52 PM »
Hiya Susan and  :welcome: to Purrs  :wow:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 19:05:29 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Susan.  Glad you found us and decided to join: do take Sam's advice and get in touch with Tan about a contra  :wow:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 19:02:35 PM »
Hi Susan and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Wow what a wonderful charity you are involved with .... I'm sure if you drop Tan (site administrator) a message she will be able to add you to the links section of the site. (you can send her a pm via her profile http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=1 )

I'm sure you will have a great time on here and keep up the good work  :Luv2:

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline PAWING

• Kitten
  • Willow, Moya & Fatty
    • PAWING
Hello from PAWING!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 17:59:21 PM »
Hi everyone! I am the Founder/Treasurer of a little animal charity called Pets And Wildlife In Need of Giving and when I came across this forum I was very moved by some of the lovely rescue stories here. PAWING, although tiny, has already helped sanctuaries, groups and individuals with donations to help with veterinary fees, food and other expenses. We still await our first feral cat rescue that needs help - and that is one of the reasons I have joined. If you need any help with funds, appeals (on our website) or even practical help (in the Birmingham area), please don't be afraid to get in touch and ask! We may only be able to donate a tenner (depending on how many requests for help we get - the more we get, the lower the donation because we want to help as many animals as possible). Hope that makes sense!

A little about me. I have been involved in animal rescue for most of my life! My very first 'proper' rescue (if you discount the many, many mice and shrews I used to gently ease out of my cat's mouth...!) took place when I was a child. I lived abroad in the 'back of beyond'. Villagers local to us were about to drown a puppy... because he was the wrong colour, would you believe?! I spirited him away pretty smartish and then had to find the only vet on the island to get a worming tablet that was meant for cows - I had to cut it down to a really teeny size, but it worked a treat! The 'rescue bug' had bitten me, and by the time I had met my husband, we were out helping animals as often as we could. These days, we share our home with a motley crew of rescued fuzzies: cats, dogs, a guinea pig and chickens - one of the dogs and two of the chickens were taken in under the PAWING banner (otherwise we could not have afforded to take them on) and we are truly now at our limit.

PAWING is slowly growing as a charity. Funded mainly by sales of crisps and ch ocolate at my workplace, not only have we have been able to invest in some beautiful Christmas cards depicting three rescued animals (one of which is Poppy, PAWING's latest rescued puppy), but they have sold so well, we have gone to a reprint already! We haven't even had time to advertise them on our bloomin' website!

Please feel free to have a looksee at our website: Click here to discover what we are all about - and if you work with feral cats, we want to hear from you!

BTW - LOVE the smileys! This one:  :wow: is my fave!

Susan  :wow:

Link to CatChat