Author Topic: Home needed for 3 recently bereaved cats (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Re: Home needed for 3 recently bereaved cats (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 20:17:55 PM »
Just make sure you do a home visit if you go down that route as there are a lot of horrible people who use local papers and free ads to get 'free to good home' pets and use them for rather horrid purposes. A home visit will help you to decide who's genuine and who's not though. Perhaps also ask for a donation which could go to a local cat rescue.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:47:41 AM by Janeyk »

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
Re: Home needed for 3 recently bereaved cats
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 20:13:50 PM »
A few of the local charities advertise in our local paper, they do a pet of the week article.
The good thing about it is that more people will see them & hopefully offer them a home, which is what its all about.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 15:48:37 PM »

I dont think the lady wanted them to go to a rescue, I would like to advertise them in local paper but thats not possible either so I can only advertise in practice which limits the number of people who may be able to help.

I am surprised that anyone working in a vets would think about advertising in a paper. a very dangerous practice indeed.
We would say to anyone the only safe place to advertise is in a vets.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 14:19:09 PM »
If you contact your local Cats Protection, they can advertise them as 'out cats' which means they don't have to go into the rescue's care but the rescue will be able to find suitable owners who have been fully home checked.

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 14:16:14 PM »

I dont think the lady wanted them to go to a rescue, I would like to advertise them in local paper but thats not possible either so I can only advertise in practice which limits the number of people who may be able to help.

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 14:08:49 PM »
Have you checked with local rescues? They may have a space for them? Poor little loves

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
Home needed for 3 recently bereaved cats (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 14:06:30 PM »
I am hoping someone may be able to help. I am a vet nurse in gloucestershire & currently we have three cats left to us in a will after their elderly owner has recently passed away.
Two of them are 18 years old male & female & the other is a male & he is 14years. These cats have been together a long time & so ideally we would love for them to go together.
They are a friendly bunch & the 18yr old male is really affectionate & is probably finding the adjustment the hardest.

I hope someone may be able to help, its v sad for them at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:47:21 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat