Author Topic: should we be worried  (Read 1359 times)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Re: should we be worried
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 08:57:12 AM »
I wouldn't say there was necessarily anything wrong with saying you're a 'sort of rescue' (although it could do of course, depending on what they mean)...it's the sort of terminology I'd use myself - I sort of rescue rabbits, and by that I mean I'm not a formal rescue, but from time to time I will take in bunnies, get them neutered, vaccinated and rehomed...so it's rescuing, but I'm not really a rescue, if you see what I mean  :Crazy:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 08:38:36 AM »
good on you for following this through  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:13:34 AM »
Have had several replies from these people and so far they seem quite genuine(ive been keeping Sam informed of all replies and she agrees ) so im going to their house this week to meet them and have a chat and see what the set up is, evidently they are concerned about all the strays cats  being dumped,or put up for FREE homing,anyway will update when ive been to see them
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 18:51:33 PM »
Im still waiting for a reply but will let you know as soon as i know something, ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 18:47:45 PM »
Do the sort of rescue then sort of sell them?  :shify:

It sounds like the same "people" I see advertising, offering to take all kittens and pregnant mums  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 18:22:58 PM »
yes I agree that is worrying - 'sort of rescue' is not a particularly confidence-inspiring response. I am sure if they really are a rescue someone here will know of them, but if not, we can find out  :evillaugh: Unless, of course, they are not a rescue at all...

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
should we be worried
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 18:17:11 PM »
just found an ad on Gumtree, saying if you have any unwanted cats or kittens we will take them in and rehabilitate and rehome,so i sent an e-mail asking where they were and who they were, the reply is based in bulwell and they are a sort of rescue,ive just sent another asking them to clarify what they mean by A SORT OF RESCUE

Link to CatChat