Author Topic: Blip's ardent admirer!  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Blip's ardent admirer!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 18:11:55 PM »
It sounds like Jaffa and Blip are made for each other  :Luv:  Tbh, I don't think Jaffa would know what to do or say if he came face to face with Blip.  He's never met a girl cat before, see, as he only had brothers and has always been an indoor cat.  I think he's quite happy with a bit of long distance flirting! 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 16:59:19 PM »
Now then, Jaffa's a bit upset after reading this thread.  He was under the impression that he and Blip had a bit of an "understanding" after their online banter during the xmas auction and here she is making eyes at the first good looking lad that wanders into her garden!  :(  Now he understands that he can't compete with a 1 year old and that long distance romances can be difficult to maintain, but he did have high hopes that Blip was The One.

I think you can definitely reassure Jaffa that he is much more Blip's idea of an admirer, as he won't be courting her in person.  :rofl: She prefers her relationships with other cats to include a good dollop of distance!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 13:54:39 PM »
Aww kitty love! Well it is Valentine's Day soon!

Maybe get a special treat for the two lovebirds?  :rofl:
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »
Awww poor Jaffa!

Maybe she likes the idea of a toy boy...  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »
Now then, Jaffa's a bit upset after reading this thread.  He was under the impression that he and Blip had a bit of an "understanding" after their online banter during the xmas auction and here she is making eyes at the first good looking lad that wanders into her garden!  :(  Now he understands that he can't compete with a 1 year old and that long distance romances can be difficult to maintain, but he did have high hopes that Blip was The One.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 22:54:33 PM »
OK whats the big word at bottom mean  ;D

Glad you asked that Gill, I had trouble reading it never mind knowing what it meant  :-[

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 19:25:26 PM »
I think Blip is playing hard to get  :evillaugh:

I think she's playing hard to love, bless her - she has a bit of a 'Kill Bill' attitude to other cats generally... Sigh...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 19:21:53 PM »
I think Blip is playing hard to get  :evillaugh:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 18:51:42 PM »

Anthropomorphism? Really brill useful word meaning attributing human emotions, motivations blah blah blah to animals. We all do it  :rofl: and I was doing it big time  ;D
I think its lovely that he adores her and that she is not bothered about him. ;D ;D

He's back, even as I type...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 17:41:57 PM »

I think its lovely that he adores her and that she is not bothered about him. ;D ;D

I think Franta just likes girl cats cos he keeps trying to talk to Sasa but she runs away, he also originally seeemed to like ginger Jess and seemed to waoit at the bottom of the garden for her but now if she appears at the cat flap he howls and howls.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Blip's ardent admirer!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 17:13:48 PM »
For a few days now, a young black cat has been appearing in our garden. He is in superb condition and has a collar holding a name tag, bell and magnet. He comes to the kitchen window and sits miaowing for the few microseconds it takes Blip to stomp over and check him out. What then happens is that he sits gazing adoringly up at Blip, who sits gazing impassively down at him. She does not, however, attack him (this is the height of compassion for Blip :rofl:).

Yesterday evening it was raining and the little chap turned up as usual, except this time he was very anxious to come in. We wondered if we should be worried about him and, prepared for a problem, opened the door. To our astonishment, Blip was pretty relaxed about his presence and he, it seems, just wanted to be with her - he didn't want to eat her food, certainly, although he did play with one of her catnip mice.

I picked him up, checked his collar and rang the number. Turns out his name is Oscar and he lives just around the corner, so his patch is also the back gardens in our square. He has a lovely human, was adopted via our vet and is just one year old. Blip was pretty relaxed about having him around for half an hour or so - I therefore imagine we'll be seeing more of him. I reckon he has a crush on Blip, perhaps because she looks like his mum.

PS yes, he is neutered and under the care of our wonderful vet (whose number is on his collar disc - a good idea if you have a disc?).

I just can't get over Blip's uncharacteristic indulgence towards the little chap - is it because he is barely more than a kitten, do you think?

:Luv: (and please forgive the shameless anthropomorphism in this account  :rofl:)

Link to CatChat