Author Topic: Let me introduce myself! :-)  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Let me introduce myself! :-)
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 08:54:16 AM »
She's wonderful Marit - she looks like she's 100% in charge.  Once you understand that, it'll be fine  :evillaugh:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »
Smoo is lovely  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 08:19:44 AM »
Ahhh she's gorgeous ... how could such a cute little lady be causing any "problems"  :rofl:  Apart from the fact she's a cat  ;) 

... and she's a torti - naughty torties strike again! :rofl:

SHe has the prettiest face I have seen in a long while - welcome to the world of cats indeed! ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 23:35:56 PM »
Ahhh she's gorgeous ... how could such a cute little lady be causing any "problems"  :rofl:  Apart from the fact she's a cat  ;)  I bet she's just testingyou to see how far she can "push the limit"  :evillaugh:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 22:07:06 PM »
She is beautiful - looks like a very contented puss cat

:ahh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Smoo

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 21:46:25 PM »
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome  ;D

Yes, as you may have guessed her name is Smooy... but she is also known as Smoo, Smoo la-la or Smoopy (When she just came to live with us her name was Sam cause we didn't know if she was a boy or girl, but it soon changed to Smooy, and it just suits her better)

Heres a couple of pictures of her (Hope I did it right) Isn't she the cutest thing? :Luv2:

I do have plenty of questions. I know so much about dogs and their behavious, but so little about cats, so I would love all of you to share your knowledge. I will post a new topic soon about the problems I am having with her at the moment.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 19:28:59 PM »
Hi marit  :)

We also had a dog when I was at home then when I got married and we both worked my husband suggested 2 cats and I wouldn't be without them now xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 18:43:24 PM »
Hello Marit and headbutts to Smooy! Would love to see some pictures of her! We'll be able to give you lots of advice I am sure :)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 18:01:58 PM »
Hi Marit, and Smooy, and welcome to Purrs! We all love our cats, but there is the odd dog owner here as well. I grew up with dogs and cats only entered my life in my teens. They are both wonderful companions, and give different sorts of love, each of which is rewarding in its own way. Shadow my dog adores me, and is great pals with Smidgen, my cat. Esther, my other cat adores Shadow, but is shy with people. So it all works out well in my house, and they are each great company for the other, as well as for me. ;D

You will love it here on Purrs and lots of members have years of experience and wisdom, so if you are facing any challenges with Smooy, just start another thread under the appropriate section (if you get it wrong the mods will sort it out for you) and BTW, we do demand pix of your babies, so if we can have one, we would love to see what the gorgeous Smooy looks like!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 17:53:29 PM »
Hello Marit and Smoo  :welcome: to Purrs,

As you have probably already reaslied we are a very friendly bunch and we are always to happy to share our experience and advice on cat welfare and the joys of being a cat slave  ;)  So don't be frightened to ask any questions you have..

I have always said that cats instinctively know good people when they meet them and Smooy obviously worked out that you needed a little furry friend Mistress in your life.  It is a great honour to be chosen by a cat ... you are very lucky.

Looking forward to hearing more about Smoo and of course seeing some pics of her.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 17:02:59 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, glad you found us and decided to join in.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 16:57:17 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: Marit,  glad you decided to join,its like having an extended family ;)i have 2 dogs and 7 cats and my little oriental rules the roost here :evillaugh:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 12:51:50 PM »
Hi and agian welcome  :welcome:

If you are able to get a dog at any time you will have to remember cats are the boss.  My very large soft black mutt is totally under the paws of the cats and she loves every minute of it.  (She trys to pinch their food though but never gets away with it) :rofl:

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 08:51:27 AM »
Hi Marit  :welcome: to Purrs!

I thought Smokey had lurnt to use da pooter and register himself-we always call him Smoo or sometimes Moog  ;D
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline sandy exley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 08:20:57 AM »
Hi Marit

Welcome on board.  Everyone here is so friendly and welcoming.  Glad you have discovered the joys of being owned by a cat!  :evillaugh: We have a dog and 2 cats and they are best pals.  looking forward to seeing your photo.

Sandy
A cat is an example of sophistication minus civilization.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 07:04:00 AM »
Hi Marit - welcome to Purrs!    :welcome:

What a lovely tale - one that a few of us on here will recognise as we stumbled into cat slavery unsuspecting and sometimes part unwilling!  :rofl:  They worm their way into your heart, and before you know it you're smitten, hook, line and sinker.  ;) ;D

You needn't be without doggie company either, as lotsof  Purrs members have dogs - and tortoises, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, rats, reptiles - you name it, they're probably among us somewhere  :evillaugh:

Would love to see some piccies of your beautiful Smooy if you get a chance.  meanwhile, hope you have lots of fun on the forum and get chatting to everyone. 

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 04:23:26 AM »
Hi Marit and  :welcome: to Purrs
what a lovely story - it must have been fate  ;)
You have came to the right place if you want your questions answered

I have only 1  :-: - Where are the Photos of SMOOY ??   :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 23:25:55 PM »
Hi Marit  :welcome:

I was the same as you hun ie being brought up with dogs as our family pets and then a wonderful cat came into my life and i have always been a cat slave since  :briggin:

I looove the name Smoo  ;D  I bet she is gorgeous. Do ya have any pics?  :drool;.

She sounds so lucky to find you and you her ;D

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 23:05:46 PM »
:welcome:

Pictures are mandatory  its in the :rules:

:)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 23:05:32 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

You have come to the right place for info and we are very friendly  ;D

What is your cats name....is it Smoo?

Offline Smoo

• Kitten
Let me introduce myself! :-)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 23:01:32 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm new here so I thought I would just quickly introduce myself. My name is Marit and I'm 22. I moved from The Netherlands to the UK just over a year ago and sadly had to leave my dog behind with my parents at home. I used to be (and still am) a really passionate dog lover and didn't think much of cats.... (don't take offence cat lovers!) Cause everything has changed now...At the moment I am not able to have a dog and I hated not having a pet... I considered getting a hamster ... untill the problem solved itsself. My pretty little cat girl just walked in one day, made herself at home and stayed   ;D She was so skinny when I first saw her in my garden, full of fleas and no collar (or chip, I later found out) I started feeding her and she soon came into the house when the door was open. I bought her a cheap collar and a tag with my number and a message (incase she did have an owner) I never made her stay, she chose to, and since then she has come a long was. She used to be nervous, but now sleeps next to my pillow at night. I never thought cats could have such characters and now I couldn't do without her. She is the funniest thing  :Luv: We do have a few issues, but being on this forum I hope I can get some answers. Looking forwards to chat to all of you catlovers. xx Marit and Smooy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 21:12:18 PM by Smoo »

Link to CatChat