Author Topic: runny nose  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: runny nose
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 08:20:10 AM »
I could have cried!!!!!!!  the only appointment I could get was for 11.15 and the vet said there was nothing wrong with her

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 21:02:49 PM »
How is Amber now Dawn? Hope she's feeling a bit better and so sorry you couldn't make it to Brum today  :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 13:43:18 PM »
no you can see where the tooth has bitten it  - the runny nose only lasted an evening - I'm wondering if it was because she was feeling rough with the sore mouth

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 13:05:08 PM »
Simon got a scratch on his tongue, took about 4 days to heal so hopefully she wont be far behind that.

Its not an ulcer seeing as shes got a cold?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 08:34:54 AM »
she ate a bit of rc last night and cleaned her paws so it must be a bit better, poor little thing

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 23:01:47 PM »
Hope the antibiotics sort it out, tongues can be very painful but as Janey says they are also one of the quickest to heal. :care: to Amber

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 08:25:59 AM »
poor kitty,  one thing about mouth sores is they should heal quickly, one of the fastest places to heal so fingers crossed xx
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:27:50 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »
the vet first said she wanted to stitch it and take a biopsy, then back tracked saying she had no reason to think it was a tumour and has given us 7 days anti biotics and metacam for pain relief, we go back on monday and if it isn't healing she will then need a stitch - she was playing with catnip toys last night and putting them in her mouth and is still eating tuna - poor baby, my oh thinks the world of her and is really worried that she might have a tumour but to me you can see really clearly where she has taken a nick out of the side of her tongue - she still isn't grooming, or licking oh face, once she does that I will be happy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 00:01:33 AM »
How did she get on Dawn? Hope she's perked up  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 17:07:55 PM »
Good luck with the vet visit

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »
OH has decided to take her to the vet tonight anyway - she is his baby!

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »
 :get well:    :hug:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:43 AM »
poor thing, but I agree to let vet check her out if no better
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
think we have got to the bottom of the problem, I went home early from work yestereday with a runny nose of my own lol and tried to tempt her with cat milk, which she loves, hi life which usually works and of course royal canin which is guaranteed normally, her little tail was quivering so she was obviously hungry but just wouldn't touch any of them, I then dug out a tin of gourmet pate which she used to like but had gone off and put that down again she didn't eat it, about an hour later I went to make a cup of tea and she followed me, she started to eat the gourmet pate with her paw!!!  it was then that I realised she must have something wrong with her mouth and so had a look and sure enough she has bitten the side of her tounge!!!!  I know my bridge babe bluto did this and I took him to the vet but they said it would heal quickly on its own so I am leaving her and will check it again tomorrow and if it isn't any better will book her in for Friday so until it is better she is having tuna in springwater which seems to be the only thing she can eat that doesn't hurt her mouth

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 20:35:57 PM »
My missing cat Wizzy used to have a runny nose sometimes and sneezing, he was prone to catching colds all winter,apart from keeping him warm (& wiping his nose to keep it clear :rofl:) he used to shake it off in about a week,occasionally he need antibiotics for it if it was too bad but on the whole he would get better himself
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 15:11:09 PM »
try warming the food up dawn that sometimes helps

hope she is feeling better soon
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
runny nose
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »
Amber has a slightly runny nose this morning - she has been off her food for a couple of days but is prone to fussiness anyway so I haven't paid too much attention, for the last two days has refused everything except tuna in springwater - if the runny nose is stopping her smelling it may be a factor but does the runny nose need treating, do they get colds and is there anything that can be done for them??

Link to CatChat