Author Topic: To our friends on Purrs.. thank you x  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: To our friends on Purrs.. thank you x
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 01:17:25 AM »
I saw a shooting star tonight, I'm sure it was from Jameson as he knows how sad I was feeling for you - maybe the weather's not quite right for a rainbow  :hug:

Like everyone else I'm glad that you're thinking of opening your heart to two lucky little kitties.  They could never replace J and I'm sure you wouldn't want them to but make no mistake they will worm their way into your hearts very quickly and absorb all the love you have to give  :hug: I chose the boys just one week after I had lost Tiggy and although I was worried I couldn't love them or that I would resent them for not being her I needn't have - they quickly became my special little boys and I fell in love all over again. I still love and miss Tiggy and that will never change, I have enough love to share between them all  :Luv2:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 21:42:46 PM »
It is wonderful you are going to offer two babies a wonderful new forever home.  :hug: They are lucky kitties, if I wasn't emigrating I'd ask to move in! Oh and Dave says can he come stay with you Aunty Helena instead of with the other lady who might foster me  ;D

We really are a little family and you won't get rid of me when I do to NZ.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 21:02:58 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 21:00:39 PM »
I have to say, I bet Jameson is at the bridge grinning from ear to ear because he suceeded in doing what all cats aim to do and catify non-cat people. Like Jameson, our Lucy strolled into our live one day when I was 9 and never left until the year I was due to go away to university, she was getting older and had several illnesses that couldn't be cured, so just as I had grown up and was soon to move on, it was her time to move on to the bridge. When I was scared in halls at night in my first few weeks away, I would sometimes wake it the night, sure I could feel her sleeping at the end of my bed, so maybe she was there looking after me like she always had in life. When I moved home, getting another cat was one of the first things I wanted to do as I'd missed feline company so much, Casper, the last of a litter with big scared eyes and a wonderful purr, wormed his way into my heart and my mums. Now I have the girls as well, I was so thankful for having them tonight, as OH is working a late shift and they are keeping me company.

Every one of our cats is different, a little spirit in furry form, and we will always love each one of them for their little quirks. I'm so glad that Jameson let you know that he had arrived safely at the bridge and I'm sure he will watch over your 2 new babes when they come into your life.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 18:20:29 PM »
Helena, I can only echo what everyone else has said, and you do not have to say thank you, we are all here for each other.

You can never replace Jameson, but you can welcome other cats in to your life and give them the same unconditional love that you gave him.   :hug:  That will be his legacy :Luv2:

PS  I've had two kittens returned recently, they are six months old so maybe older than you are thinking of, they are two of the babies that came from Ange in Coventry.  If you want any info, pm me. :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 18:04:15 PM »
I'm glad you're feeling a little better.  No cats could ever replace Jameson, but you'd be surprised at how your heart can make room for other kitty babes :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 17:07:57 PM »
That's great news that you are wanting to let another couple of furries into your lives  ;D  I agree that it's a tribute to our bridge babies when we want to have more cats.  It's been 3 years since Magpie went to the bridge, but I still talk to him  ;D  And at times I swear his spirit has been reincarnated in the form of Mosi!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 15:42:02 PM »
Ok so keep wanting to reply but then I get all emotional and it goes wrong .

Anyhoo, I just want to say thinking about you and I think it's wonderful that you are Robin are thinking about sharing your home and love  :hug: :hug: I think I'm supposed to be in London in a few weeks time so might have to pop in to Harrods and say hi.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 14:09:12 PM »
Helena I am also glad you feel that you are able to take on another couple of cats,Jameson was such a character due to the love and care you gave him and you could see in the pictures just how content a cat he was.  We lost our Sammy(samoyed) a year and 3/4 a go and a few hours later we saw an ad saying a red chow chow was available to a good home,I felt really bad about getting this puppy but chow chows are very rare and it was like Sammy was sending us Cymro as a gift from her to us,it was like it was fate and its funny how animals choose us at the weirdest of times,your future furbabies will be the same,you will discover eachother at the strangest of times,even when your not looking,just like you did your Jameson ;D
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 14:02:35 PM »
I lost my Tiffy in September and I swear sometimes I see him in the corner of my eye.

When I lost his sister Jemilla nearly 3 years go, I didnt think I could get another cat. I ended up rescuing Maddy as a companion for Tiffy a week later. Part of me felt guilty for getting another cat so soon but I found talking on cat chat that it happens a lot.

But it has ended with happiness as well as sadness because Maddy is a lovely raggie and I'm so glad to have met her.

I hope you can give another feline a home when and if you feel ready.

Great news about the job
[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 13:37:10 PM »
Hiya,

Daft as it may sound, I could swear that I heard Suzie miaow the other night, she had a really distinctive miaow much different from the boys and, up on the second floor and on a very quiet road it couldn't have come from outside.

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 13:33:01 PM »
I know what you mean Helena, Smudge laid on the pillow next to me every night for 14 years and even though Bonnie lays on the bed next to me I can feel Smudge's fur next to my face.

Wishfull thinking or really happening - it does not matter if it comforts us.

Mary   :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 13:24:59 PM »
I can still feel Oscar around.........................I know hes still looking over us all.

Im so glad you have decided to give a home to some new kittens  :hug:- We did exactly the same (hence Jerry and Gizzy) an tho they could never replace Oscar they have really helped us all heal.
Well except maybe Beavis but he came round too eventually :evillaugh:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 13:19:56 PM »
 :thanks:

I never thought I was a spiritual person, but now I know I am, because I can actually still feel his presence. Last night I had a wonderful dream, I dreamt that Jameson was here and charged throught the front door onto the patio - doing a somersault, landing on his back, looking really funny and letting out a meow/chirp that I had never heard before.. I think that was his Sign, saying he had arrived safely at the Bridge. In my dream he was all cuddly on the patio and I remember hugging and kissing him while thinking ''I know he is dead, but this feels so good and I don't want to say anything incase he goes away again''. Before going to bed I said goodnight at his grave and told him I'll see him in my dreams, and we did.  :Luv:

If anyone know of any rescues with a litter of kitten, please contact me. We aren't fussy, as long as the cats choose us it doesn't matter what they look like. Home check more than welcome obviously.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »
it has made me feel so good to read what you have written and a pair of kittens will be a lovely tribute to jameson.  :hug:

i like you had never thought of even liking cats until kocka walked into my life one day back in london and it changed my life totally. in her honour i now have four controlling my life  ;D

good luck in your job and am sure that you will meet loads of interesting people in harrods  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 12:39:17 PM »
Nothing much more to say at the moment after our PMs last night Helena but so pleased you got out and hope you enjoy the job.  I was saying to Gill that the flowers we sent will not mend your heart but they will fix it a little bit.

Love Mary and Bonnie xx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »
Its good to hear from you and that you are feeling a little better.  I think we all had a cry when we read what had happened your pain was shared by alot of people.  I think getting 2 new furbabies is a great idea and I bet Jameson would want you to.  Well done on the job it sounds like a nice way to earn some Christmas money.  Like others have said thats what we are all here for xxx  :hug:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  Glad that you are feeling a little better now.  If and when you decide to take 2 more kitties, they will be very lucky little ones and be very much loved I know.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »
:grouphug:

Good news about the job  :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 11:13:29 AM »
Helena, I'm glad you're feeling a little better and I do know what you're going through.  It will take time but soon your sadness will be replaced with happy memories of Jameson, just take each day as it comes.  I've lost numerous cats over the years and one that hit me like a bolt was losing Dylan, it took me a long time to get over the pain but I got there in the end, still have days when I think about him and my other bridge babes and cry but I have a lot of happy memories as well.  Good luck in your search for 2 more babes, they won't replace Jameson but I'm sure they will ease the pain and through Jameson they would have been given a chance at having a loving forever home.  Thinking of you and we are all here for you,  :hug:  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:17:09 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 10:23:59 AM »
Although we are all miles apart, We all Feel your Loss and Pain of what has happened, whether we have been in that situation or not We know what you
are going through, Thats what friends are for, Jameson was a special little guy and Will never be forgotten :hug: :hug: :hug:

So Glad you are thinking of getting two furbabes, and has already been said will be a tribute to Jameson
and getting two will be perfect company for one another staying safe indoors

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 09:33:24 AM »
I agree with every thing everyones said,  we are all here for each other.   Jameson will guide you to the right kits for you.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 09:15:09 AM »
Helena, you guys don't have to say thank you! We all either know or can comprehend the cat shaped gap left by the loss of our feline family members.

By thinking about taking on two kittens it's actually a tribute to Jameson - after all, if you weren't a cat person before he's basically converted you!

I'm sure that the cats we love never really leave us. Just because we can't see them, who's to say they aren't there? (Does that make sense?)

Jameson sounded an amazing character and the bond you three had will always remain a special, unique time in your life.

I'm glad you're starting to feel a little more human. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 08:56:57 AM »
Hiya,

Wot she said  ;D ;D

That's what friends are for we hurt when you hurt and Jameson was loved by us all. 

Good on you for deciding to open your home to a couple of kittens  :hug:. I felt the same about having outdoors cats but decided on FIV cats as they HAVE to be kept indoors and therefore IMO it makes it a bit easier and I rarely feel guilty about them not being able to go out as it is strictly for their own protection and, IMO, they are both very happy with the indoors environment.

:hug: :Luv2:

Leigh

PS. did you get my recent PM?, if so, is it okay to post the news to my other posting?.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:58:08 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:56:10 AM »
Helena hunny - I am glad you have decided to offer a home to future kitties, when my Algie was killed it was all I could think of, he like Jameson loved being outside and had a massive personality oh and I had discussed cat proofing the garden but I thought it looked ugly and my poor baby paid the price for that, the garden is now done and maybe in the future that is something you can think about but for now take care of yourselves and start looking forward to more good times.  We ended up offering a home to two cats Amber and Star, they are completely different to Algie but no less personalities and in fact Amber and my oh are inseparable

btw what make up counter!!!!!!!!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:38 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 08:52:12 AM »
that proves that it doesn't matter who we are, what we look like, the colour of our skin, our religion, political views, our sexuality.. what brings us together is the love for our cats, pets - animals. That says it all about us people, really..!

That's a really lovely thought. I had never thought of things quite like that before. Glad to see you're becoming human again.

When the time's right for you I'm sure da Army and der hoomans will find you a perfect pair of indoor bundles. There are many who need to be indoor so you needn't feel guilty. I get a lot of people saying my cats should go outdoors (and no, I'm not getting into that old chestnut!) but I made a promise to their previous owner when I took Josh and Hope that I'd never let them out so I didn't.

Josh potters around the patio if we're hanging washing out but isn't bothered and even Smokey who was left completely outdoors to fend for himself has adjusted perfectly to being an indoors cat.
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 06:41:53 AM »
That's what friends are for we hurt when you hurt and Jameson was loved by us all. 

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 01:24:04 AM »
Aww hunnie  :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
To our friends on Purrs.. thank you x
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 01:02:51 AM »
In the very sad aftermath, and all the sorrow and mixed emotions and not knowing how to deal with the situation, I want you all to know how GRATEFUL I am (we are!) for the endless support we have had from you guys.  :thanks:

As some of you might know already, I was never a cat person (Robin pointed out today that I had never mentioned 'cat' before Jameson came into our lives), but Jameson really did change my life in so many different way. Same goes for Robin, he has had cats all of his life - about 20 of them growing up as a child, til he left home, until now - his parents still have cats. He says that although all of their cats were special in their own ways, he had NEVER come across a cat with so much personality, character, passion & energy as Jameson.
Ok, I'm going off the subject here, I blame it on the wine.. first glass of wine in a long time (so nice to relax on the sofa finally, and able to reflect on things)

All I really wanted to say is, I know we don't know each other purrsonally, but, it feels as if we do, and especially right now I feel like I have been brought closer to so many of you, you have been a huge support to us in the past few days, the love we feel is enormous. I am amazed at how much we can support each other without even knowing each other - that proves that it doesn't matter who we are, what we look like, the colour of our skin, our religion, political views, our sexuality.. what brings us together is the love for our cats, pets - animals. That says it all about us people, really..! Ok - we're still mad cat ladies/gentlemen, and quite rightly so!! I rather be a slightly crazy but thoughtful animal lover than some violent football hooligan with no morals or values!

So, once again: thank you. From the bottom of our hearts, from the depths of our soul. The rest of this journey is not going to be easy, what with us missing our Jameson every second of the day, but it helps knowing people understands and are there for us..

Some good news amongst the bad; today was the first time I 'properly' went out in the ''Real World'' (gosh I hated it; rush hour and annoyed, stressed people!) but I landed myself a job I really needed (& wanted.. although I need it more than I want it!). I will be working at Harrods, at the Makeup & Beauty department leading up to christmas, maybe longer.

Also, although it feels strange talking about it, a lot of friends & family are urging us to get another cat. It felt totally weird first, I couldn't imagine anything other than my Jamie Boy. Then eventually, through hours of talks through the tears and attempts to get through the pain, me and Robin started talking about getting 2 kittens (from same litter) and to keep them INDOORS. It is so quiet here, and empty, and we miss Jameson's energy and the sheer joy he brought to our household. Although I still feel (and always will) that cats should get to go outdoors, we have both learned (the hard way) that it really depends on where you live and the circumstances - that didn't mean Jameson lived his life in vain, it just means we will be more selfish in the future incase we can't provide cats with a SAFE outdoors. (away from roads). It feels weird talking about it, but it wouldnt be us replacing Jameson, just continuing giving our love to other cats in need.

I'm rambling again and should log-out and get some sleep. I'm pleased to say I've had a day with a few good laughs from the stomach, and had 3 meals today (breakfast, lunch and dinner), which is the first time since Thursday, when I completely lost my appetite. I feel slightly human again,  which is a nice feeling.

Just put the flowers I recieved from you guys on his grave... had a drink in his honor and put the candles out - they had been lit all day thru the rain. Thanks Helen for the poem x
 :hug:

Anytime ANYONE of you is looking for support of some kind, any kind... we are right here...

xx  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:03:24 AM by tigerbaby »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Link to CatChat