Author Topic: 'ISSUES' with da mousey  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: 'ISSUES' with da mousey
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 20:14:41 PM »
They seem to think the mouse is very realistic, so they are acting like its real  ;D

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 19:04:21 PM »
Gizzy gets very possesive of the mousie , and dont even get him started on the furry.............................. :tired:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 17:58:49 PM »
When I get mousey out Jaffa won't let Mosi have a look in.  He tries to run off with it or hold on to it but I don't allow that for more than a few seconds and will go up to him and physically remove it from his mouth if necessary  ;D

no it's attached....I trot off after them and wait often while they are under the coach growling....

Time for my regular warning - please be very careful if they are out of sight with it, even if it's just under furniture.  They can chew through the thin string in seconds - Mosi did just that once and had to have an emergency operation to remove the string.

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 17:49:37 PM »
Izzy usually gives in but bella really hangs on I nearly lifted her off her feet the first time as I thought she'd let go!!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 17:48:31 PM »
You're being too soft  :evillaugh: I pull with all my might to free Mr Mouse Mouse from the grip of death and then fly him around again, much more fun  ;D

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 17:44:18 PM »
no it's attached....I trot off after them and wait often while they are under the coach growling....they really wont let go- they dont even drop it to play with it they just hold it in their mouths and growl lol. I took it off once and Bella grabbed it and went under the coach - she spent the next 30min under there growling at nothing  :tired:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 17:34:04 PM »
When I bring it out they both dive on it and generally one of them gets it and trots off. 

When you say one of them trots of with it, is 'Mr Mouse Mouse' (Da Mousey's name in the Kingdom of Lu & Riley :evillaugh:) attached to the da bird pole? 

The boys used to be very possessive over Mr Mouse Mouse, they've realised now they have to take it in turns, as a right handed single Mum I can only wave one wand at a a time!

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 16:58:55 PM »
Funnily enough, although Blip loves Da Bird, she has no interest whatsoever in Da Mousie,

Yep, neither of mine care for da mousey either...they like da sparkly best! 

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 16:49:30 PM »
Mmmm da mousey causes LOTS of trouble in our house - 4 Bengals and 2  Moggies and one mouse  :rofl: When Teeko gets hold of it my normally placid loveable little snow boy grows horns and tuns into a Demon!

Individual play time here too.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 15:24:32 PM »
I have to do individual play sessions with each of my four otherwise there is trouble!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 15:20:24 PM »
Robbie is the same with it - he is very possessive and will hold it in his mouth and growl at Lilly even if she is at the other side of the room.  She then will not play with it whilst he is around.  I have taken to only playing with them when the other isn't around as it isn't fair on lilly to be growled at for not doing anything.  He will occasionally drop it but make sure his paw is on it before hissing at her as well.

He plays quite happily with it when she isn't around!  I don't think getting two would work -he would want both of them!  :rofl:

Karen

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 14:40:29 PM »
Funnily enough, although Blip loves Da Bird, she has no interest whatsoever in Da Mousie, so I'll be putting one in the auction next week (untouched by feline paw).   ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 13:57:05 PM »
We have this too, in fact its reminded me to order a da mouse for Jess

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 13:43:44 PM »
I thought about that but once one of them has caught it the other one just walks off and starts messing with something else so its not like theres fighting going on!

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 13:41:09 PM »
maybe get another one?

kitties seem to be weird creatures  :innocent: :Luv: I have to get 2 of everything so the cat and dog and share  :evillaugh:

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
'ISSUES' with da mousey
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 13:38:08 PM »
Da mousey arrived with my calendar and since then I've been unable to pay with it. Both Izzy and Bella go MENTAL when they see it. Play becomes not really playtime more of a sit and wait time  :tired:.
When I bring it out they both dive on it and generally one of them gets it and trots off. They then lie low for the next 10mins (sometimes more) refusing to let go and growling, hissing and huffing at somebody in particular while the other just sits and watches. They have other toys they sometimes play tag with and there a bit of hissing then but nothing as bad as this. I'm hesitant to get it out again if it causes this sort of behaviour. is it ok of it is just stressing them out?

Link to CatChat