Author Topic: the cat has a home  (Read 3142 times)

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Toffee
Re: the cat has a home
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 10:27:35 AM »
hi, i have recomended that they could fill a second litter tray with soil out garden
take him to the vet to get him checked and microchipped before letting him outside.

Have ofered the use of a cat lead to take him out to get him used to the garden a little before going free.

;D we will let them know that others have used raw mince, it might be worth giving him a small amount to see if he likes it.

A big thankyou to everyone that has supported and suggested ideas
Toffee my Bengal

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 13:57:07 PM »
An extra tray or 2 of different litter types may help, if he has been outside a long time he will be fussy as nothing is quite like soil!
If he is weak on his back legs can he actually get into the tray?

IMO it would be better to get him checked out by a vet sooner rather than later, it wont upset him that much  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 10:10:57 AM »
just caught up with this thread, what fantastic news :wow: well done for sorting him out im sure he will be so ;D and gratefull not only for the warmth . and food  but because hes no longer  alone outside anymore., as for raw meat i always used to feed Wizzy (my missing cat ) minced turkey and minced pork as he couldnt eat a lot of cat food ,used to upset his tum bless him, anyway the vet said it was fine and he was on it for 4 years, plus 2 of my other cats like the turkey as a treat. anyway  keep us informed of his progress :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 09:10:55 AM »
 ;D
 i advised feeding him a good quality cat food and rolling a ball of foil around for him to play with and chase, i think with a good feeding routine and gentle play the muscle tone should start to come back

i know he is having a few mishaps with the litter tray but i have advised them to be patient and the best way to clean up soiled areas.

i should be able to get some pics of him in his new home over the weekend and will post them as soon as i get them,

i cant believe that he is the same timid puss who has been living under a bush since august. :Luv:
Toffee my Bengal

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 14:58:50 PM »
This sounds fantastic  ;D

I dont know about raw food but there are others on here who do. It may depend on his gae and stuff and normal cat food will probably build him up too, just by having tregular meals  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 11:18:22 AM »
aww, I bet he's so happy  :Luv: you should have got a photo  :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:19:31 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 10:58:06 AM »
hi everyone
just to let you know how his first few days have gone,
i popped round to how he was last night and he was snuggled un his new moms arms as if belonged there :Luv:
it was good to see,they had stayed up with him on his first night and he had been fine ,he settled on the sofa and slept.
he is eating well and although he has had a miss with the litter tray its early days.
i have some concerns with his back legs,they seem very weak eventhough he had been checked,if anyone has any advice on how best to bring back muscle tone it will be much appreciated.
they will be taking him to the vets but want him to settle for a bit first.
i think it may be from lying under the bush for so long.
a friend who has persions suggested giving him some raw minced lamb (only small amounts) as this would help build him up-what do you think.
i have never given raw meat to a cat before not sure if its good advice. :hug:

Toffee my Bengal

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 07:36:12 AM »
How lovely to think this little un has the potential to settle down really well with not one but two families seeing to his every whim!  Well done.  :)

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 21:36:27 PM »
 :hug: That sounds really good for everyone well done x

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 20:59:27 PM »
  ;D Fantastic news, what a lovely ending for all

i know ,its just the best news, my daughters a bit upset as she wanted us to take him but this way we still have contact and see him without the worry of introducing him to my twoalso as we live in terraces he is literally a few feet away.
 he is going to be kept in for awhile as my neighbours are away for the week in 2 weeks time where i get to go round a look after him they are just so happy to have him indoors out the cold (and the bush) and i know he will be just fine
when they come back they are going to have him checked over and microchipped,they are starting a chart so they can monitor his weight etc because although he has been fed daily by myself he is still looking thun,i think he mustve been using the foodfuel to keep warm,hopefully he will now start to put the weight back on and have a nice glossy coat.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 21:07:04 PM by furrypal »
Toffee my Bengal

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 20:51:33 PM »
Woo Hoo what wonderful news ... sounds like Tinks has the best of everything now ...  and two "families" to look after him.

I would suggest your neighbour keeps him indoors for a few weeks so that he gets to know where his home is (especially tomorrow night - firewoork night).

Well done for helping this little lad  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 20:49:13 PM »
  ;D Fantastic news, what a lovely ending for all
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
the cat has a home
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 20:45:48 PM »
 :wow:
hi everyone,as some of you know i have been trying to find the owners of a cat i found in august. i had decided to take him home after recieving some advice from bonnielass and had set to with the task of sorting out a room and preparing to introduce him to my pair,
well i am pleased to report that my neighbour has given him a home with the agreement i feed and look after him when they are away,it really is the perfect answer this way i still get to see him knowing he has good people to care for him,they have never owned a cat so it should be fun.
they have on the knowledge that the search for his owner continues and that also as they are new to being by a cat if they find it too much then he comes to me.
after 3 days of trying we finally traped him and he is now curled up next to a warm radiator with a bed and big blanket and everything he could need,i thought he might lash out after being caught and so many new things happening to him but he is so placid and had no problem with being fussed over,i wanted you all to know and will keep you updated on his progress,i feel sorry that i cant find his owners as he is such a lovely cat and obviously had a good home but the search goes on.
they have decided to call him tinks :wow:
Toffee my Bengal

Link to CatChat