Author Topic: 6AM speed bump  (Read 1569 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: 6AM speed bump
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »
Awww, love the fact that your boys are up to mischief, and making you smile  :)  :Luv: x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 18:58:58 PM »
It's interesting how the dynamic of the household changes when there is someone missing. Don't hold your breath about Frankie joining you in bed - I have had cats who never do. They simply prefer to have the personal space that the loungeroom provides. Esther rarely comes up to the bedroom, but if she does, she leaves shortly after I go to bed and even if she stays, she clings to the tiniest furthest corner of the foot of the bed. Smidgen on the other hand occupies the dog's bed and Shadow goes and sleeps on the landing - they all have their little habits and it is sometimes a long time before they change, even with the opportunity to do so.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 18:55:33 PM »
awww bless... I know the human speed bump all too well...with 8 cats of our own... when half them decide its play time on the assault course aka mum and dad in bed.... it can be a) kinda funny and b) kinda painfull!

they do make you smile though don't they?? 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline psychopunk

• Adult Cat
  • pipsqueak & cuscus (not in the picture)
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 18:53:11 PM »
human speed bump  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: that made me laugh so much!

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 15:10:24 PM »
Aww bless them my two do the chase thing we are in a flat and they run through the living room and across the bed - dont seem to mind running over my head whilst I am sleeping lol I love it its so entertaining makes me smile in a morning!  :catlove:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
6AM speed bump
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:07:11 AM »
hi folks,

Since Suzie's passing life has changed in some subtle and some less that subtle ways. Frankie who was the closest to Suzie has become even more loving towards me. Yesterday he actually liicked my hand for the first time ever and set a new lifetime personal best of 6 for the number of times he jumped up on my lap for a stoking session whilst I was laying on the settee. I awoke this morning at 3AM to find Alfie laying next to me with his head on my shoulder purring away loudly, I reached out and stroked him and he just loved it. Now for the traffic calming thing. The last two mornings I have been ubruptly woken up by the boys playing "tag" they love to take it in turns to chase each other at full speed the length of the flat and because the bedroom door which is opposite the living room door is now cionstantly open they are able to get up a good head of steam. The only thing is that my bed is directly en route annd so they fly across the bed one after another at full speed. "kaboomph" "kaboomph" with my body acting as a human speed bump of sorts before turning round and reversing directions thus I've been sitting here watching the sunrise with a cup of tea 3/4 of an hour earlier than usual :). Unlike Alfie, Frankie hasn't cottoned onto the fact that he can join me on the bed during the night but I'm sure that he will soon, maybe he still prefers the settee but Alfie is just loving the new 24/7 access to the entire flat and myself.

Cheers

Leigh

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:14:54 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Link to CatChat