Author Topic: Is there a soft litter?  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Is there a soft litter?
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
Ultra fine clay like sophisticat choice or worlds best would be good to try out, i would also remove the newspaper from your tray as iv read that this can be unfavourable to many cats.
If you try another litter put it in a 2nd tray so she has the choice.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 10:34:12 AM »
We use the Bio-Catolet from Sainsburys (mentioned by Mark) which is pellets of recylced newspaper and very lighweight and soft. The pellets also double up as Freddie's major source of exercise as he, and increasingly Billy, flick one out of the tray and chase it for hours!  Of course they have tons of other toys that cost good money but the piece of string and the cat litter pellet win hands down everytime :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have to say we do have 3 cat trays though for 3 cats and I think it's quite common for cats to prefer one to pee in and one to poo in altho ours having access to outdoors and don't poo inside anymore only pee (weird isn't it)  Still as yours only a baby at the mo, outdoors not an option.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 10:23:31 AM »
What about the Corn litter see www.mpmproducts.co.uk initially it looks expensive but it is very economical.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »
Try smartcat paper litter - its really small light pieces of paper and brilliant

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »
There's one called Catoilet - in a green bag and I'm sure it's quite soft - the only problem with those kind are they stick to paws and get trailed around. It's funny that most supermarkets sell one called "lightweight" and it's gravel and weighs a ton!  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:44:59 AM »
It may well be the wood pellets she doesn't like.  I tried them once years ago and it was the only litter Magpie refused to use for poos.  He would use them for wees but pood on the newspaper outside the tray.  I think they can be uncomfortable underfoot, esp when doing a poo (different posture to donig a wee!).

If she's using the tray for wees but sometimes pooing outside it maybe she needs 2 trays.  some cats don't like to use the same tray for both.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »
Mornin!

There is a recycled paper one by Bob Martin (I think, you can get it in the supermarkets) and the pellets are quite light and soft. Thats the only one i can think of!

Its not very expensive (about £3 a bag I think!) We just didnt use it for long as it was so light it seemed a track a bit.

Hope that helps some!

;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline kittykat

• Adult Cat
Is there a soft litter?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 07:52:50 AM »
Our kitten keeps pooing on duvets, throws, cushions, anything soft!

We taught her to use her litter box but she keeps reverting back to pooing on sofas etc.

Sometimes she'll go for a week using the litter box no problems then for what seems like no reason she'll poo back on the sofa/bed/throw.

We're using wood pellets on newspaper at the moment.  But i'm wondering whether she'd prefer a softer litter thats more cushioned.

Is there anything like this about?

Thanks x

Link to CatChat