Author Topic: Cat's Best Gold - tracking report!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Re: Cat's Best Gold - tracking report!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 14:10:40 PM »
Ive just looked on Zooplus and Cats best is cheaper in my local shop . ........................so I have been forced to spend a fortune in the purrs shop to ease my guilt!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »
I did wonder if it was something to do with that - trouble is all litters seem so expensive once you've tried crumb don't they

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »
I am on my first day of Cats Bests and they are all LOVING it!! it clumps well , doesnt smell and although it has tracked a bit its not reached out of the conservatory yet! AND it oesnt weld itself to the bottom of the trays!  ;D

Yes thats a big plus compared to clay clumping litters isnt it?

what made you stop using crumb Gillian?

It was when Gwynnie was so ill last year and had high coronavirus titres - I switched to a cat litter that actually kills the coronavirus, Everclean (its one of the ones listed on Dr Addie's site). Everclean's a really good litter, similar to Sainsbury's ultra clumping, but even better I'd say (more expensive though). Also I found that the chick crumbs I was using were medicated  :doh: (and possibly may have had something to do with her paralysis). I'm not so worried about corona now but decided to check out different litters (what fun LOL!) - and so here I am with Cats Best Gold - for now......... :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 15:56:08 PM »
what made you stop using crumb Gillian?

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 15:44:07 PM »
I am on my first day of Cats Bests and they are all LOVING it!! it clumps well , doesnt smell and although it has tracked a bit its not reached out of the conservatory yet! AND it oesnt weld itself to the bottom of the trays!  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Cat's Best Gold - tracking report!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 18:56:57 PM »
I bought 60 litres of Cat's Best Gold as they had a special deal on Zooplus. Filled one tray only to start with as was already working through oridinary PAH wood pellets in the other trays. Tracking was minimal but more than wood pellets. For the last week I've filled all 4 indoor trays with Gold. My litter trays are all in a long cupboard in my kitchen - goes under the stairs, and although there is a lot of litter tracked as they step out of the trays, it actually drops straight off their paws therefore doesnt get tracked too much in the actual kitchen, which has vinyl floor,  (or further, like lounge where I've got carpet). It definitely doesnt track as much as Cat's Best Okoplus, but whether its worth the little bit extra on price for not so many bits on the carpet, I'm not sure. Think perhaps I'll finish this experiment, then try all trays again with Cat's Best Okoplus - and then decide  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat