Author Topic: Hello, (very sad) newbie here.  (Read 4005 times)

Offline sandy exley

• Adult Cat
Re: Hello, (very sad) newbie here.
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 20:30:03 PM »
Ahhh, so sad for you.  We lose kittens and cats sometimes at the cat sanctuary.  Some are so sick thet cannot survive and some are badly injured and dont make it.  We never get used to it.  Know how you feel. x
A cat is an example of sophistication minus civilization.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 16:12:01 PM »
Hi and welcome to purrs.

So sorry to hear about Butch...so young too bless him.

Just reading what you have said about getting Tabitha a new playmate, she will probably except another cat as she is still young....waiting till she is older is sometimes more difficult.
Give her extra love at the moment, cats do grieve.
Is she just under 5mths old too like Butch ?

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »
Hi Samantha  :welcome: i too found this site under tragic circumstances, but it has been a life saver, whenever ive been feeling down i come on here and the support you recieve is fantastic, everyone understands what your going through as each and everyone has lost  a loved furball at some time. Im sorry you had to find us in these circumstances but at least now your among friends who understand. :RIP: Butch
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »
Hi Samantha,

It is good to talk to others if you feel you need to so go ahead  :hug: it is good that you and your other kitty can help oneanother and just in your own time when you are ready I'm sure it could be nice for you both to have a new addition again xx
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:41:42 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi Samantha and welcome!!

So sorry about poor Butch , but as others sai we all know how you are feeling. After I lost Oscar to HCM I googled pet bereavement , which led me to Catchat which led me here.............

And if it wasnt for this place I wouldnt now be the willing slave of Jerry and Gizmo so something amazing came out of something so sad. This place is brilliant and Im sure you will love it! :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 22:11:30 PM »
I was concerned that you might think I joined this forum to 'leach' sympathy. 

Oh dear me...no.  Like Sue mentioned earlier, a lot of us including me found this site (and CatChat before it) in circumstances similar to yours.  In my case it was when our 18 year old Gandolf passed away in April 2006.

Believe me, we so understand how you are feeling.  We also lost our boy Tom just over a month ago after almost 19 years. At least we had all that time with him and he had a very comfortable life. I so feel your pain at losing Butch so young.  It really is tragic. Am so glad that you have Tiny T to love and be loved by while you grieve.  Whether or not you get her a little pal is of course up to you, we are all different.  Give yourself and Tiny T time.  I have  a tendency to throw myself into homing a new pud to try and distract myself but can't say it lessens the pain that much, just have less time to dwell when there's a newbie to settle in.

Anyway  :hug: :hug: :hug: to you, your OH and Tiny T    
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 22:14:02 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 22:03:07 PM »
Oh Sam we would never think you were here to "leach" ... cat folk just don't think like that  ;)

Butch certainly sounds like a special little "character" and even though you two only shared a short time together it is obvious he has left a BIG pawprint in your heart.  It's good that Tabitha is coming to you for cuddles and love ... you will be able to help each other through this difficult period ... cats do grieve for lost friends and she will be feeling just as sad and lost as you are at the moment  :hug:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 19:50:20 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Butch R.I.P

• Kitten
  • At the Birmingham NEC a few years ago
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 20:50:32 PM »
Wow, this is a huge forum and I feel a bit lost! I am somewhat of a forum virgin but luckily my hubby gave me a few tips on forum etiquette. I was concerned that you might think I joined this forum to 'leach' sympathy.  I do hope not, I have been meaning to get involved with other cat lovers for a while now since immersing myself in all things furry and meowing, I just didn't expect to lose one of my kittens so soon - I am still in complete shock and have no appetite.  How can I enjoy food when my baby never even got his supper? My poor Tabitha misses her silly ginger playmate and needs a friend.  I can't get another puss yet though.  It's tough getting two kitties to be friends.  Butch was much bigger than 'Tiny T' as I sometimes call her and it turned out to be quite a challenge. We kept them separate for a couple of weeks and gradually, they bonded (even though they played quite rough he never hurt her).  I was oh so proud of myself for getting my kitties all happy and friends and things were great for two wonderful weeks (maybe not even that) and I see my little boy everywhere.  In the frying pan, in my wardrobe, in my footwear, on my pillow and not to mention paws in my dinner and I miss our special cuddles. My arms are empty and there is no purring and shuffling and dribbling on me when I get home from work! No boisterous puss to steal my socks in a morning and make me late for work.   Although Tabby is affectionate, it is in her own way but Butch was very much an 'in yer face' kitten and would lie on me, purring and napping for hours.  Me and Tabitha are bonding more each day and I can see the love and understanding in her eyes and am greeted by her soft little whiskers reminding me to get out of bed in a morning and I think it is only a matter of time before my underwear goes walkabout. 
My goodness me life is cruel.  That horrid accident on the same night Butch was killed when that poor family lost their lives due to an incompetant driver, kids being stabbed in the street and all manner of other atrocities. If only the world was full of cat lovers.  It sure would be a better place to be but there are far too many evil people around for my liking.   I think perhaps if I waited until Tabitha was older, I could perhaps give a rescue puss a home.  I know the introduction might be harder, but I am sure there is a pussy cat out there just waiting to be loved and cuddled and spoiled with yummy treats. 
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Offline psychopunk

• Adult Cat
  • pipsqueak & cuscus (not in the picture)
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 20:54:32 PM »
Reading the poem and what's happened to your little kitten made me cry. Time heals everything, but he won't be forgotten.  :RIP:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:49:08 AM by psychopunk »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 07:27:13 AM »
so sorry to hear of your loss Samantha  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Butch R.I.P

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 23:36:56 PM »
Hello everybody and thank you all for your kind words of support.  All my friends (who are all cat lovers of course) have been really supportive.  It is still very hard and getting up each day is a new day of sadness.  Yes, I do have loads of pictures of Butch and Tabitha but at the moment I can't look at them, but I am sure I soon will and I have some truly magical moments captured on camera.  I will post a few up in the future.  I checked out Rainbow Bridge and thought it was lovely and my husband and I will do a tribute for Butch when we feel up to it.  We took his little body to a wonderful place called Rossendale Pet Crematorium and they have a beautiful memorial garden and we picked out a casket for Butch and they even readily agreed to put his collar in the casket on top of his ashes.  We will have him back with us again, well in a way, on Monday night and on Friday night we are going to carve a pumpkin in his honour and light a candle, and my sister wants to say a few words as she is very upset too.  Everybody that met Butch fell under his magical spell and we all feel that a great injustice has been done.  To lose my baby when he was just 19 weeks is almost too cruel for words, but accidents happen and people suffer and it's just the way of the world.  Once again, thank you for your replies and kind words and I look forward to chatting to you all very soon.  I would also like to say a special thank you to Helen for your lovely poem, it expresses just how I feel at the moment, hoping and praying that Butch is still with us in another realm, looking down on us from the stars with his cute little baby eyes and sending his love.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 23:41:46 PM by Butch R.I.P »
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 18:55:14 PM »
Hi Samantha, sorry you've found us under such sad circumstances, but  :welcome: to Purrs  :hug:  We can be here to help, a shoulder to cry on, and hopefully make you smile  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 17:50:57 PM »
Hi Samantha and  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm so sorry you found us under such sad circumstances but hopefully we will be able to help ease the pain of losing Butch. Sadly too many of us know the pain and heartache associated with losing a special family member.  The great thing about this site is that not only are we able to raise funds for needy cats we are also like one big friendly family who offer support to each other in good times and bad  :hug:

Looking forward to chatting more.

Sam, foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 17:29:19 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and you have come to the right place cos we all underestand  :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about Butch and know how huge a hole it leaves when you lose a special friend.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 16:52:49 PM »
I'm sorry to welcome you under such sad circumstances, Samantha.  You're right that people on here understand  :hug:.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 16:26:28 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs Samantha, as others have said I'm sorry that it is under such sad circumstances  :hug:  Many of us know the pain you are going through and if it helps to 'talk' about it then we are here for you  :hug:

RIP little Butch xx

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 15:52:03 PM »
Hi Samantha and welcome to Purrs - so sorry that it is under such sad circumstances and so sad to read about your little Butch  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 15:32:40 PM »
 :Hello:   Samantha and a very warm   :welcome:  from me too

So :sorry: about Butch believe me I know the pain, maybe you could post a tribute to him on the Rainbow Bridge

When you feel able you might like to give Tabitha a little playmate as there are lots of little felines needing a home

Take care    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 15:15:36 PM »
Hello Samantha.  Welcome to Purrs, and I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.  Many Purrs peeps have found the site in the same way, and I hope you'll at least make some new friends and be able to share how you feel with us, who understand what you're going through.  They leave a huge hole in your life.   :hug: :hug:

Have you any piccies you can post of Tabitha and Butch? 

Offline Butch R.I.P

• Kitten
Hello, (very sad) newbie here.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 15:11:09 PM »
Hello to all you cat lovers.  My name is Samantha and I lost my beloved baby boy, Butch in a road accident on Monday.  I was not prepared for the pain of losing him and there is a big piece of me missing.  It has made me realise more than ever that our cats are not just pets, but members of our family.  I saw this site and I thought that perhaps getting involved with other cat lovers and maybe helping out with some fundraising if I can would be a good idea.  I do have another kitten, my little girl Tabitha, who was Butch's dear playmate and it is killing me to see her big sad eyes, waiting and hoping for her furry little friend to play with her. :-[.  Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself and my baby girl who has currently got a thing about eating my hair! It's very cute. Hope to chat with you all soon.

Link to CatChat