Author Topic: question on buying kittens/cats  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: question on buying kittens/cats
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 10:17:56 AM »
Because of the high population there must be more muppets per square kilometre willing to spend £200 for a kitten  :Crazy:

Also, i often see tabby kittens being labelled as bengals, with a big price tag, i wonder how many idiots think they have got themselves a pedigree?!  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: question on buying kittens/cats
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 21:22:22 PM »
I always lived in London until about 2 years ago and the going rate was £50 from a pet shop. I guess these are just chancers. Let's face it, they can't be all there to sell poor kitties on the internet  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

MBll

question on buying kittens/cats
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 20:21:17 PM »
Iv noticed on a gumtree london area kittens are being sold for £150... £175.... £220 these are not pedigree  but ordinary moggies?  The kitten selling for £220 photo included only is a longhaird tabby.   There was even 3 year cat being sold for i think £300 couple of weeks ago

Is it the case  that animals in the london area  can be sold for a higher price then other parts of the country for the same animal?

Link to CatChat