Author Topic: Super Fat Cat  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Super Fat Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 17:43:55 PM »
Poor cat - and it doesn't sound a particularly balanced diet either.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 20:14:00 PM »
And I thought my kylie was a lardbucket and she weighs less than 1/2 of (don't know chinese cat's name!) at 7.05kg - and I m still working on her weight - It is difficult when they miow and look at you with big sorrowful eyes (crafty kitties!) :catluv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 20:04:25 PM »
Oooh no! Thats just wrong! I mean I'm all in for an extra bit of meat here and there, but that is a bit excessive.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 20:05:09 PM by Queen_Penguin »
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 20:03:26 PM »
Poor Tubby tat !

Surely you would think that there would be something they could do ..having to help it up to the bed :(
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 19:40:48 PM »
Well I have to admit that this cannot be healthy but this puss looks a serious piece of work! Not only demanding as most cats (justifiably) are but I wouldn't like to cross this cat at all; in a straight scrap puss would win hands down! I won't be visiting China anytime soon!

Bob

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 19:38:19 PM »
That is just wrong...she looks extremely uncomfortable and that belly looks as though its about to pop.  How cruel to let her keep feeding like that.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 18:33:42 PM »
It's shocking and sad .... poor cat cant' be happy ... how does it clean itself??
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 18:29:22 PM »
My God, that cant be good for the cat. I hope there not fattening it up to eat it, as we all know they eat cats over there, yuck.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Super Fat Cat
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 18:12:04 PM »
It’s more fat than cat:

When Jamie Oliver tried to put the nation's schoolchildren on a diet, he met some pretty tough resistance. But that is nothing compared with what Xu Jirong goes through when he tries to improve his cat's eating habits. The 17kg (2.6st) moggy becomes aggressive, starts scratching visitors and even starts relieving itself all over the house in protest.

Unless the ten-year-old gets its daily feast of half-a-bowl of chicken hearts, with a side order of pork and a steamed roll, it throws a tantrum. But all that food has to go somewhere and, in the case of Super Fat Cat, it seems to have gone to its middle. At 88.7cm the cat's waist is larger than most women's – and many men's.

It also insists on sleeping on its back – like a human – with its own blanket and pillow, and has to eat out of a raised bowl because it can't lower its head. Super Fat Cat has become a star around the world since it first appeared on the Internet site YouTube.

However, not everyone approves. Mr Xu, from the Chinese city of Qingdao, has received letters from around the world urging him to limit its daily diet. He said: 'I received a protest letter from a person in Florida, last year. The person urged me to help the cat lose weight and not to spoil it any more.'

Video:  http://www.metro.co.uk/yourmetro/article.html?in_article_id=35483&in_page_id=6
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat