Author Topic: Frustrating week - naughty cats  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Frustrating week - naughty cats
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 11:43:32 AM »
Just a suggestion if it isnt too late...

Have you tried mixing dirt in the litter tray with the cat litter ?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 22:13:02 PM »
Sorry you are having such a bad week Angie - have some chocolate or alcohol, whichever is your vice, it does sound like you need a bit of 'me time' to recharge and come back fighting fit again, I hope you can, as there will be a lot of cats worse off if you do jack. I always find looking at pics of my ex-fosters, both here and in their new homes works well if I am having a bad day.
Please spay your cat

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 20:00:45 PM »
I really hope you decide not to jack it Angie. I've seen what a loving home you have and it would be a terrible shame. Maybe take a break if you can for a couple of weeks when you have less paws running around  :(

Chin up hun  :hug:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 18:06:07 PM »
so sad angie  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 15:38:19 PM »
what a shame Angie, don't you wish you could just explain to her how much easier life would be if she went in the tray

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 14:22:45 PM »
Just wanted to send a :grouphug: for you Angie, you're doing a great job.  Shame about the farm kittens  :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Frustrating week - naughty cats
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »
Well no sign of the two that got away - heavens knows where they have vanished to.

Two of the farm kittens are being returned in a bit. The little girl insists on not using a tray to poo. The new owner has tried different types of tray, litter. We've penned her up for a week and she has been pooing on bedding and not in the tray though she is happy to wee in the tray. Don't feel I have much option but to take the 4 (now neutered) back to the farm. Its a shame because they have been living in a house half their lives and are quite friendly now, but the reality is if they can not be litter trained no one is going to want a dirty cat. I'm taking the choice to return all 4 as they get on too well together and I would not know how to split them up.

My other charge still insists on being a butter - attacks anything that moves and goes from a happy purring cat to an attacking cat at the drop of a hat. He leapt up at my face yesterday and attached a paw around my mouth and nose - I look like I've been having a spot squeeze fest. I had to scruff him to sraighten up as he didn't want to let go. There's no way he can go to a home like that so I'm afraid he will end up on an allotment next week as I've been asked to provide an allotment cat - not a good solution but unless he attends years of councelling can't think of a better solution for him.

Today is not a good day and I feel like jacking it all in!!! I hate to give up on the poor things but reality tells me, that with limited resources, I have to choose the battles I have a chance to win.

Link to CatChat