Author Topic: OWNERS WHO MAKE ME SICK  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
Re: OWNERS WHO MAKE ME SICK
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 02:07:40 AM »
After having a dog for 18 years and my oldest kitty was 19 before she left to go to RB I could not see not wanting them anymore!!!! They are Family! I just don't understand people! Paws crossed they find someone to love them!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 16:21:10 PM »
Very sad and the type of thing those in rescue hear daily.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 16:17:41 PM »
My mum had 4 of her own at 1 point and also a cat flap which the neighbours cat used to come through to get fed, he ended up living with us and his owners (the neighbours) when he sat on our step she used to say his name to him (we called him another name) but never tried to get him in her house and she didn't even say anything about the fact he was living with us! When she moved out she left 2 dogs locked in the ally way, and left the other cat on the streets, and she got this cat after she realized her other 1 had moved into ours. Well anyway my mum phoned a rescue and they came and took the dogs and she took the kitten to the local CP. Shocking some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 15:52:45 PM »
When i first got involved in rescue i was shocked by the story of a 15yr old cat

When you are in rescue you really do hear all the rotten stories, don't you?

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 15:46:49 PM »
They are both 25 now

Really? Thats fantastic!!  :)
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 14:39:05 PM »
I took Bella and Milo in at 22 years old they cost me an absolute fortune when I first got them as they were so neglected. I also spent hours feeding them very vet little and often as Milo was not expected to survive.. Their owners had left them in the cellar to die  >:( >:( >:(

They are both 25 now and apart from Bella's CRF which she is coping with like it wasnt a problem, they are healthy happy boney puddy tats

A child is for life so why shouldnt animals have the same right  >:( >:(

xxxxxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 13:59:38 PM »
How can you have a pet for that length of time and not develop an emotional attachment to them?

When i first started volunteering i was shocked by the story of a 15yr old cat, it was christmas and his owners didnt want him anymore as he couldnt make it outside for the loo and was wetting indoors. They didnt want a tray so got rid of him instead.   :censored:
Since then iv heard of too many like him.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 15:14:42 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 12:44:10 PM »
How can they sleep at night these cold hearted  :censored: :censored: I cant go to sleep unless I see eveyrone of mine before settling down at night.

I would love to be able to take more rescues breaks my heart to think that people dont class them as family..... they dont ask to be had in the first place :(

If I ever lost my home for whatever reason I would pitch a tent somewhere as I couldnt bare to be without 1 of my animals
xxxxx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 13:18:52 PM »
I really don't understand these people.  How can you have a pet for that length of time and not develop an emotional attachment to them?  Just the idea of moving and not taking Jaffa with me is horrible.  If I couldn't take him where I was moving to I'd find somewhere else to live, offer an increased deposit or simply smuggle him in!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
Their 'family' had moved and left them outside their old house

Sadly there is not a week goes by that I do not hear of this type of thing. I have to try to find a space today for the very reason, a poor cat is wondering from house to house after its owner moved away and left it. It is not even in our area, but it is worrying me.

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 10:18:08 AM »
That was the story with Meg and Tabitha, the two cats we rescued last month. Their 'family' had moved and left them outside their old house, with no shelter or food. When I arrived to get them, they were pawing at the door.

>:(  >:(  >:(
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 08:24:55 AM »
I bet you wish you could strangle them!

Oh no not that, it would end quickly something, more drawn out so suffering could last a lifetime. No really I am not vindictive I am just interested in ensuring the little ones get some one who deserves them. The sad thing is that some vets would PTS in this type of case.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 08:13:24 AM »
I hate hearing things like this, I have helped a few cats that have been in this situation, and still can't believe the owners think they are doing the right thing by letting them go at home at such a young age rather than give them a chance with new owners.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 22:45:03 PM »
This just makes me mad  >:( >:(

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 20:52:30 PM »
Some people just see a pet as an accesory unlike me and i am sure everyone on here as part of the family when my cats are sick i feel sick when they are happy i feel happy ...

Makes me so angry that they have been part of the family for so long and think that it is now okay to have them PTS becuase they dont want to take them with them :(
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 20:32:25 PM »
I'm with Sam on this one. We would never ever consider moving to a place where we could not have Lexy. its just not right. She was given up to Battersea (or so it was told to Battersea) because her past humans were moving to a new apartment and could not take her as no pets allowed..

Made me so angry.

If you aren't prepared to make your pets part of your family and treat them as such then DONT GET PETS!!!

Grrr, made me so angry reading this. PTS indeed!   :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline maccat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 19:58:42 PM »
just adding to this post.  i was on a forum the otherday and there was a post from a couple of brits obviously in France looking to relocate and therefore jumping from property to property.

this is the post! I mean why get a dog in the first place!

subject - puppy got to go!
hello,
hopefully someone can point me in the right humane way for getting rid of our 5 month old puppy due to terms and conditions on our house let agreement. i cant advertise him as hes not been chipped. are there any dog distress/rescue centres i can take him where i can make a donation etc. he has to go by end of week. (am in callac area)
without sounding heartless i dont want to dispose of him in a cruel way etc.
many thanks
ruggers (g mullin)

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 19:33:50 PM »
So the owners think the cats don't deserve a life cos they wont take them with them? Just goes to show they have never been a treasured part of the family! Honesty Ela I don't know how you cope with all the calls regarding these matters, I bet you wish you could strangle them!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 19:05:31 PM »
I hope you can find these puds the homes they deserve, Ela...

They most certainly will, it is me who vets everyone.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 18:50:42 PM »
someone has just rung to ask for a home visit tomorrow to put 2 cats aged 8 & 10 to sleep because they are moving and cannot take the cats.

I just don't understand this. I just don't. I hope you can find these puds the homes they deserve, Ela...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 18:38:56 PM »
This is very sad after that length of time they are part of the family surely?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 18:37:36 PM »
 Sad :censored: if I was moving and I couldn't take my furries .... I wouldn't go.

Fingers crossed these two will find new parents that will love them in the way they deserve.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 18:26:18 PM »
They make me sick too Ela - how can someone share their lives with a cat for all those years and then just disgard them like rubbish - some people just dont deserve animals in their lives !!!
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
OWNERS WHO MAKE ME SICK
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 17:48:58 PM »
I have just received a phone call from our vets, someone has just rung to ask for a home visit tomorrow to put 2 cats aged 8 & 10 to sleep because they are moving and cannot take the cats. Our vets said they do not PTS healthy cats and have hopefully persuaded the owners to find a home for the cats with their help of course. Hopefully tomorrow once of the vet staff will ‘adopt’ the two cats, I wonder where they will go after that?

Link to CatChat