Author Topic: Our kitten tipsey is peeing/pooing on our bed again!  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Our kitten tipsey is peeing/pooing on our bed again!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 22:02:18 PM »
Is she the only cat in the house?  Cats often pee on beds as a cry for attention .... e.g. I'm scared / worried / being picked on.

Try putting her litter back to the original place and she if she is happier with it there. 

It might also be worth dropping wizz an email and seeing if she can offer any advice.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Sam
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kittykat

• Adult Cat
Our kitten tipsey is peeing/pooing on our bed again!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 17:29:43 PM »
We had problems with toilet training our new kitten tipsey when we got her 2weeks ago.  After a few days of hard work, she was fully toilet trained and has been using her litter tray with no problems. 

We moved the litter tray into the hallway cupboard last thursday and she took to using it well.  But suddenly saturday night we found she'd pooed and weed on our duvet cover!  We kept showing her the litter tray but then last night she weed on the duvet again!! (a new duvet!).

So we shut her out of the bedroom and showed her her litter tray.  But she seems terrified of it again (the way she was when we first brought her home).  Then she pooed on the bathroom mat.

So i've moved her litter tray back to the lounge where we started and shes still refusing to stay init (although she hasn't been anywhere else since the bathroom incident).

It so upsetting when i thought we had it all sorted.  She's 13 weeks now. 

Why did she accept the litter tray and suddently become scared of it again?

Is this normal?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Link to CatChat