Author Topic: Socs appeal  (Read 10354 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Socs appeal
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 22:03:19 PM »
What a beautiful boy he was!  :Luv2:

So sorry for your loss Kelly!  :hug: :hug:

RIP Socs xxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 18:50:49 PM »
So sorry kelly :hug: im sure he had enjoyed a wonderful 2 years with you as much as you did with him  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 21:33:29 PM »
I'm so sorry, Kelly. I know what you mean - Toby had various health problems throughout his life but was one of the gentlest, friendliest cats I've ever met and that made him exceptional in my eyes.

Desley's right; you have nothing to feel guilty about. You gave Socs so much love and I'm sure you made his life better. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline nicter

• Senior Cat
  • Nicky-Mum to Scamp Bonnie, Willum Rossi & Poppet
  • Slave to: Alfie. Poppet. Rossi. Willum Merlin
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 18:00:56 PM »
What a gorgeous boy. So sorry Kelly  :hug: xx
RIP Tigger Button Whisky Maisie, Merlin and Alfie Pawprints on my heart forever

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 15:37:07 PM »
He was such a stunning cat - you have nothing to feel sorry for though Kelly, you gave him the greatest gift we can, which is to let them go when it is their time, and he will be grateful you opened your heart and home to him, and was able to be strong enough to take his pain so he could be free. RIP little one.
Please spay your cat

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 14:54:47 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Sorry I haven't been back on until now but it has been really hard for me. I picked up his ashes the other day in a tiny wooden box as we couldn't take him home to bury because of the amount of snow we have had.It is so strange to think that all that is left of him is in that tiny box. He was a big cat with a big personality that struggled through his life.How unfair it was on him to have so many problems. I miss him so much and even though he wasn't really my cat as he was a foster cat that I would have had for 2 years at the end of this month (you can read his story here http://ukrcc.co.uk/socrates.shtml ) I still treated him as if he was mine. I even go to get his inhaler out still and realise when I get it that he isn't here any more (how stupid is that) and I guess I still feel guilty for taking him.On the way to the vets I had him on my lap and he was nozzling my face as tears ran down my eyes as if to say its ok mummy and when they put the needle in he looked right at me. He went so quickly. I held him in my arms for ages and told him I was sorry , that mummy loved him and one day I would see him again and that it was ok now to go.I know you will all know just how I am feeling right now. But Socs was special he was so poorly and I knew that I may not have long with him, and nobody would ever adopt him with all his problems. I guess really I willingly opened my heart to being shattered because I knew that day would come when I had to take him and say goodbye but I really didn't know just how heart broken I would be when I had to say goodbye.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 14:43:40 PM »
So sorry to hear about Socs - what a handsome boy .
 :RIP:   sweetheart.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 14:36:37 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this sad news  :hug: :hug:

RIP beautiful Socs

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 20:36:04 PM »
Night Night Socs - run free on the Bridge, Beau & Zak will show you round xxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 17:18:02 PM »
So sorry, he was a beautiful boy.   :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 16:21:04 PM »
 :hug: :hug:

God Bless Socs xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 15:56:49 PM »
Oh Kelly, i am so sorry :(
 :hug: :hug:x

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 10:18:34 AM »
Dear socs mummys heart is breaking without you.You may have gone from my eyes but your never leave my heart.I will always remember your funny ways the way you used to have to investigate everything,Always ending up with your head or whole body stuck somwhere.The way you used to cry to get you out when you would fall through the washing basket because it couldn't hold your weight.The way you used to nozzle my chin and lick my face,The way you used to purr out loud when I tickled your tummy.The way you used to follow me around and talk to me. I will hold all these memories deep in my heart and in time I hope I will forget the horrible memory off having to say goodbye.You were loved deeply more than you will ever know and it wasn't easy to let you go. Mummy knew it was selfish to ask you to stay when it was quite clear you were ready to go.sleep tight my baby.Run free without any more pain. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »
Hi just thought I would update on Socs. I haven't long moved so Socs has been a little stressed by the move and his asthma hasn't been to great. He is being treated for a uti and he has been given prozac to try to keep his stress levels down as these seem to be a major factor to his asthma.
Despite this Socs seems to be settling in much better now and has gone back to being his usual nosey self getting his head or whole body stuck somewhere lol. His favourite place for doing this is in the larger boxes from the move. He can get in them perfectly fine but can't seem to get back out of them so as well as unpacking everything I have to fish him back out of the boxes lol. His favourite spot is on the window sill watching the cows that stick their heads over the fence at the bottom of my garden. His face is a total picture as he really can't work out what these large things are that stick their heads over the fence lol. He watches them for hours memorized by them.
Socs will remain in my home under the UKRCC care for however long he has left.His treatment does costs a lot of money. the ukrcc has many other permanent foster cats in foster homes all over the UK that relay on  public donations to let them have the best quality of life's.If you can spare anything however small please do donate to help Socs and many others like him.  ;D 

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 19:44:51 PM »
 :thanks: thats so lovely of you

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 17:28:19 PM »
I managed only £30 I'm afraid, as I'm paying out quite a few vet bills for my own, but I hope it helps.

Lynds

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »
 :hug:Thank you soooooooooo much Tan :hug: :thanks:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 20:25:27 PM »
What a gorgeous looking cat, I do hope you raise enough to cover his bills  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 20:14:21 PM »
HI Hun

The video is lovely  :hug:

We have donted £50 from The Buster memorial fund to help Socs.

Sending our love over for him.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Socs appeal
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:11:22 PM »
Socs my foster baby is really poorly again :'(so we have started a new appeal as all the funds we raised last time have all ran out you can read his story plus update here
http://www.ukrcc.co.uk/socrates.shtml

and you can watch his appeal on the youtube here
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNod30-fG0&feature=user

Link to CatChat