Author Topic: Vacuum Cleaner  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Vacuum Cleaner
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 23:59:37 PM »
My mum got a stick vacuum cleaner - not sure what brand but she said sue pollard advertises it in the sunday supplements - she said it is excellent for cat hair on the stairs and was only about £90
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 23:26:53 PM »
My Dyson devours fur, just loves to pick it up, amittedly stairs are the problem cos its very haevy and awkward

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 15:46:51 PM »
If you are getting dyson accessories, there are 2 versions. One for the telescope wrap type and another for other models. I find the stair attachment really  good for hair but the velcro comes off after a couple of months - they are only about £5 though - worth a look on ebay. The wood floor attachment is about £20 - I have found it really useful. Also I use a swiffer - I get the pound-shop refills - they are just as good.

I have a deep red velvet sofa and it gets covered in white hair from clapton and the best thing is a dampened marigold glove - The hair just rolls up into balls and you can hoover it up.   

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 15:07:51 PM »
Save yourself some money and just buy adjustabled accessories for what you need. If yours is an upright dyson I coulnd't help more, but cylinders are easy to fix.  Most you can get a mini turbine head to clear up the hair. You can also get a wooden floor head for the cylinder. I got one and works wonders.

Also, carpet cleaning, this won't help but the henry's etc I hear are good. I would avoid buying a 2 in 1 though. Friends of mine who have had them in the past, don't give good feedback.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 15:07:28 PM »
I've got a dyson which is pretty good and I just got a wood floor attachment from them which seems to work quite well. I use a Karcher 100 carpet cleaner and it is excellent but cost about £320.00 it works by pumping shampoo into the carpet and sucking the dirty water back up at the same time. They clean right to the underlay and leave the carper virtually dry without brushes that wear the carpet.out.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 15:04:03 PM »
I've got a sebo, it has a special head for hard floor and a thing called a turbo brush for carpet!! I must admit I love it but it does need bags which I know not everyone likes

Offline schuey100

• Adult Cat
    • Homepage
Vacuum Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 14:39:07 PM »
We have a Dyson which is pretty good for general dirt but not so much for cat hair. We also have wooden floors and it's useless on those. For the carpeted areas I'd like to have a vacuum cleaner that also shampoos.

I'm really not sure of which one to go for. Money isn't an issue, I don't mind spending a couple of hundred if it's a good cleaner.

Requirements:
Cleans carpets
Gets rid of cat hair
Good on wooden floors

Any suggestions anyone? I did look at the VAX cleaners but they all look much the same and I've seen some bad reviews of them.

Link to CatChat